Colorado-Denver

Vendor reviews! Finally! (really long!)

Vendor reviews from my 11/7/09 wedding. I have to say that everything went off really well, despite getting only 2 hours of sleep! :) Please email me at: coolcourt85 at hotmail dot com if you have any questions, want to see pics or want further info!

I also want to again thank all of the girls on here who helped me plan this wedding, it was thru your vendor reviews and good advice that made my wedding turn out so great! Thanks!

Candy apple photography-A+

by far my favorite vendor! Jen and Rich have done 2 of my other friends weddings before doing ours. They also did our e-pics and my boudior pics. All of which turned out fabulous. They are great and fun people to work with. We got a ton of compliments on them. They are a bit pricey, but defiently worth it!

Ellen Cara Readio Flowers-A-

Ellen was easy to work with. I wasn't in to the whole flower thing and didn't want to spend a lot on it. Ellen was cool with that and she is so artsy and creative, that i felt good giving her a general idea of what i wanted and let her run with it. The bouquets turned out awesome! She is really good at what she does. My only gripe was that she was to do a mixture of round and square candles and she gave me all round, even though i paid a little more for having both, but whatever.

Jay Schipper Videography-A

Jay was almost too easy to work with. I didn't meet him till the day of the wedding and only talked thru emails. He was on time, prepared and the video turned out fantastic. He is a really great option for those not wanting to spend a ton on videography. He gave me a really great deal and was super quick on getting the video out to be before the holidays (it was done within one month). I would highly recommend him, however I did here he is moving to Atlanta, but not sure when.

Men's Warehouse Broomfield-A

Surprisingly, they came through for me. I had heard a ton of bad things about most of the tux places, inlcuding this one so i guess i was expecting the worst. Besides calling me a few weeks before and not knowing what I had ordered, even though it was correct on their website, I think the girl was just not prepared with the correct order when she called me. Either way, some of the groomsmen had to pick up their tux the morning of the wedding and everything turned out just fine.

Studio Boom Hair and Makeup-B

I was pretty disappointed with them overall. I had been there a couple times before for other things and when i went in to get my trial done, they scheduled the makeup time too short and we ended up going over the time and therefore i had to have a different hair stylist than the one i had requested. Which turned out to be fine, however i was annoyed that they just told me that i was going with this other person and didn't ask me if it was ok, given the fact i had requested her and it was my freaking bridal hair trial! Everything turned out fine, I was just not happy with the way they approached me, or lack thereof. I had also gone in for a massage a week prior to that with a specific person i had requested and then showed up and they again put me with someone else. grrr...Anyways, on the day of my makeup looked great, and my hair was ok. It actually was starting to fall out before i even left the hotel room, but i didn't care because I wore my veil all night and it coverd it up and at that point I just wanted to get on with the show. I really didn't have many ideas on what to do with my hair, so i really wasn't that upset when it didn't hold. I am just glad my veil stayed in to cover it up. :) The positives of this place were that they opened up a half hour early for us and they could accomadate a large group for both hair and makeup-there were 7 of us. They also got us out of there about a half hour before we planned on being done-which was really nice to have some time to relax before getting dressed. Overall, I really would not recommend them for any of their services. I think i gave them a B because they were accomadating and did a decent job.

Affinity for Music DJ-A

These guys were great! They kept people dancing and would ask us ahead of time if there was a song that was requested that was outside of what we wanted. I really appreciated that, even though i didn't care if any of the songs were played. We had somewhat of a complicated music selection as i had certain songs for certain parts of the reception and we had a rock the reception dance too and they really did a super job with all parts. I liked that there was 2 of them and one did the coordinating and one manned the dj booth. They also helped to keep things on time espeically when we were making our rounds during dinner. I would highly recommend them!

The Bridal Connection in Longmont- A-, Bridal gown and BM dresses

Cindy, the owner is really great and helpful. I found my BM dresses there in the exact color and style I envisioned, which was really weird. You get a discount on the BM dresses if you get your bridal gown there and they didn't carry mine, but they were willing to order it for me. She also gave me a discount on the gown as another competitior was offering for 10% off to make the sale. I felt i got a good deal on it. She had a great selection and fantastic customer service. I also sent her my gown to be shipped and cleaned after the wedding. My only gripe would be that when i went to buy my gown, i should have ordered a bigger size and I would have expected them to know that, but we went off of my measurements and I also dealt with someone else that day besides Cindy. Overall, i was happy with them though.

Limo Express- A

I have to say I thought all limo companys were shady and had poor service and after a few changes to the schedule that they screwed up on paper (partially was my husbands fault), they showed up on time, finished on time and took us where we needed to go.

Brenda Graffis Alterations- A-

Brenda really worked wonders on my dress. As i said earlier, it really should have been a size bigger due to it being really fitted around the hips (and i have big ones!). It was a little bit of an ordeal and a couple of bad dreams later that it finally fit me the way it should have, and maybe even better. At one fitting I was a little frustrated as she fixed one area, but it created a problem in a different area. She was hesitant to suggest anything, but then knew how she could fix it. I really thought she did a great job I was just bothered by the fact that she thought it was ok and was not going to suggest anything further, when it clearly wasn't ok.

Nancy Best Cake Design - A

Nancy did a super job on our cake. We gave her the colors, the design and flavors and she created an awesome yummy cake! We did a crazy mad hatter style cake with so many flavors we couldn't keep track of. She lets you have a ton of flavors with different fillings, which is good cause they are all good and hard to choose! She also was very reasonably priced especially for a fondant cake. I was so glad that I found her to be the best tasting and cheapest around! She will even make you a small cake if you want to try more of her flavors. She also will make you a cake in your flavors on your first anniversary, instead of saving the top layer of your wedding cake. We got a ton of compliments on our cake-both the design and the flavor!

Greenspoint Catering- A

There food was great, service excellent and you can do as many tastings as you want! They also worked with us to find what we wanted within our budget.

Lionscrest Manor in Lyons (venue)- A

I loved this place. We got a ton of compliments on it and it was perfect for us. The size and setup was just right. We had a ton of out of towners and I think they got a taste of the colorado mountains before they left which was great! The views are amazing, the staff really knows their stuff and the place is gorgeous! The only downside is the price, however it is do-able in the their off season. Oh, and the road up there can be hairy for those out of towners, but everyone made it up and down fine!

Liquor Mart- A

We liked lionscrest cause you get to bring in your own liquor and when you get it directly from a liquor store it is cheaper! Plus they let you return all the unopened booze! They showed up on time and brought what we ordered, plus they worked with us over email to get us what we wanted!

Re: Vendor reviews! Finally! (really long!)

• perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You just reminded me that I forgot to do reviews for Studio Boom, and Nancy Best...

As for Studio Boom I have to agree with you. They first off put the wrong time down for my apt and harrassed my mother about being late...I'm sorry but thats not ok the morning of the wedding. They also had TWO different people there doing my hair and make up, after we had picked who I wanted. (Although they both did a better job so how can I compain?)
  • **Texas Gal****Texas Gal** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're wedding day twinkies!!Cool
  • cware84cware84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great list. It is going to be a big help when I get to the vendor selection part of the process. Thanks for posting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dress Photobucket
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    great review list
  • kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding & thanks for posting!  I'm getting hitched at LCM in October and I really found your StudioBoom review helpful.  I think I may go with smoeone else instead now!!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards