Missouri-St Louis

Help with Ceremony/Reception site in Kirkwood!!

Hi all, I'm new to this board and newly engaged!!  My fiance and I are both from Kirkwood and would like to try to keep the ceremony and reception close to home.  He actually would like to have the ceremony at Mudd's Grove and I know they can have the reception there too but I was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there or maybe had their own there...pretty much I just want to know what people's thoughts are.  Or if anyone has any other outdoor suggestions that would be very welcome too!!  I'm working with a pretty tight budget too.  Thanks so much!!!

Re: Help with Ceremony/Reception site in Kirkwood!!

• edited December 2011
    I am a Kirkwood girl too and always thought it would be neat to have a wedding at Mudd's grove.  I checked it out but my guest list of 250 is too big.  I've driven by before where they have tents set up and it looked really neat.

Have you thought about the Train Station?  I saw party there one night where they had a band on the little plaza area outside and cocktail tables set up under the overhang in front.  It looked neat but again i'm not sure how many it would hold.  I think the rental fee is very reasonable. 
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on size, you can try Massa's (they have a private room) or http://www.sunset44.com/
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • hubbell2397hubbell2397 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kirkwood park has a decent size pavilion that could be dresses up a bit. I drove by a reception there recently. Im thinking of doing it myself
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards