Wedding Invitations & Paper

How are you making your programs?

So I've been thinking about my programs, and I know roughly what I want to do... but I'm not sure where to start with actually making them. Are you making them yourself? Are you getting a company to do it? What is the best way in your opinion? Ideas please!

Re: How are you making your programs?

• I'm making them myself on my home computer, just an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock folded in half. I'm designing them on PowerPoint.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made them for my sister's wedding. 2 pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 paper, a coverstock for the cover (duh :) and regular weight for the insert, folding in half and tied with a ribbon. I pulled different templates from the internet and moved things around in Word until I liked it. Word of warning about coverstock-- you have to feed it a sheet at a time through some printers.

• How did you make them on powerpoint? I didn't know you could do that!
  • I made mine as booklets.  They were probably one of the easiest DIY projects I did.  I printed them using a PowerPoint file on 8.5x11 paper and folded them in the middle.  Then, I used a hole punch and puched them at the spine and put ribbon through. 

If you want me to send you the file, email me at KarenC17PSU@yahoo.com

058.jpg picture by KarenC17PSU
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_making-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d9f39e6d-1716-4d63-b6f5-5a2f143f9ffbPost:c088841f-672c-4a55-bf53-093b13f5f02b">Re: How are you making your programs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you make them on powerpoint? I didn't know you could do that!
    Posted by ahorvat[/QUOTE]

A slide is set up to be the size of an 8.5x11 piece of paper so just arrange the text boxes with that in mind. It's easier than Word!
  • Templates in my bio for 2 different styles of programs.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I'm doing paddle fan programs.  I'm printing them 2 to a page on my home printer and then adhering them to sticks.  Really easy project.
  • I'm ordering my programs from VistaPrint.
  • I am using a basic template from martha s. that I know I can DIY. I love the idea of the paddle fans, but today I am thinking of doing something simple.

• i had actually started them myself. i used word since they are going to be fairly simplistic, just with a lot of color. i spent a couple of hours looking up templates online but ended up just winging it (which is saying a lot since i'm not creative).  i thought i was set, had the cover/back and the wedding party/ceremony... until my fiance explained that we're apparently going to have a bunch of inserts for our guests to follow along.

his dad is performing the ceremony, he's an episcopalian minister. i've never been to an episcopal ceremony and since our ceremony is outside on a veranda, not in a church, i didn't think there would be things for the guests to follow along, aside from the basic outline i had already done.

back to the drawing board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards