Oklahoma

festivities-el reno

Hi!  I am having my wedding at festivities in El Reno in September and just went to the "open house" that they offer brides to go to and view a set up of what the reception/ceremony will look like for your wedding and i have to say that i wasn't very impressed.. It seemed SUPER cramped inside and the food was nothing like we had expected... So with all of this being said, of course i have put my deposit down for our date so i'm either going to have to eat the money (deposit) and find some where else or just deal with it and stay at festivities.  I was wondering if anyone on here had some pictures that maybe i could see from their wedding so i could get a better idea of some different set ups?  Maybe i just didn't get a very good interpretation of what this place has to offer.  ANythign will hellp.  Thanks so mcuH!!!

Re: festivities-el reno

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!
    I am getting married at Festivities in June. We were also having a hard time dealing with the fact the it is kinda small and we really didn't want to cram it full of tables. But we LOVE the place so we were willing to work with it and make it the way we want it. So, the first thing we did was cut the guest list. This saved us some room by eliminating 5 or so tables. Also, we are renting some cocktail tables to scatter around and getting rid of more of the big tables. (We are going for a very casual reception where people will mingle more than sit.) Don't forget you have the patio outside where some people can sit. We are just having a jazz band so we don't have to worry about a dance floor area. As for the food, we are not using their caterer so I have not tried any of the food.

Maybe go to the next viewing and talk to somebody about how other people have set it up. They will probably have more suggestions on how to save space.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do!
  • edited December 2011
    you are getting married on my birthday!!  good day =)

What catering co are you all using?  i've thought about not using their catering since i didn't think the food was that good.  It may not be fair for me to say that though since i didn't get to try many items off their menu.. Also- who is doing your cake?  I thought about them just doing it but some of the pictures i've seen, the cake looks a little lumpy?!  Not sure if i've just seen bad pics or what.

I really like the cocktail table idea- that would definitely free up some space.  How many people are on your guest list?  Right now we have about 160 and i dont think any of those people could be cut =(

I was meaning to ask the people at festivities about this but forgot last night.. do you know how yall are doing your wedding music?  are you having a string quartet play while guest are being seated or what are you doing?  I'm really confused on how that will work.  I wanted a string quartet but geezzz they are $$$!!!  So i was thinking my DJ could put a speaker outside and we could have a CD play of music.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks so much for your help!
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Michael's catering from Moore. We saw them at a bridal show and LOVED them. We are just doing or'dourves (sp?) and we really like how Michael's presents their food. They build up, like in towers and trees, which is really good since we don't have a ton of space in festivities.

For our cakes we are using Johnnie's sweet creations. We also tasted their cakes at a bridal show and it was so good we knew that we would use them. I can't say anything about who festivities uses because we never even tried them out but if you are not happy with them then I am sure your guests won't be either!

we statred off with about 200 on our guest list and now we are down to about 150. But with those 150, we can almost guarantee only about 100-120 will be there. I think you will be fine with 160.... not everyone will show. Another idea that was suggested to us... put 10 around a table instead of 8. That will eliminate some of the tables.

As for music, we are having a jazz band play at the reception and for the ceremony, we are just using a lap top with a play list! They have all the hook ups and stuff out there already. I asked Tom what most people do outside for music and he suggested this. So I think a speaker outside would work great!

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the info- it helps so much!!

Are you renting your cocktail tables or do you know if Tom has those for us to use?
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are very welcome! That's what these boards are for. : )

The cocktail tables that are available at Festivities are the ones that are in the bar area which Tom said CAN NOT be moved. I think there is like 3 of them in there. We are renting ours from Marianne's Rentals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards