Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Where are you getting your cake from?

Sweet Binneys is booked, Carefree Patisserie is booked.

We are going to do a tasting with Lovejoys and Indulgent Moments.

We don't necessarily want a "fancy outside" but want a "fancy inside" if that makes sense?  We want someone who can do something couple with a yummy fillings!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where are you getting your cake from?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd really suggest checking out Cake Me I'm Yours if you can. She can make just about anything you can imagine for inside the cake and they're extremely delicious!

• Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUMMM!!! The flavors look yummy!!! I am going to give her a call!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm getting ours from the dutch oven bakery. I LOVE that place, check them out :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Indulgent moments out of Altoona.  You can find the website if you google it.  His pricing was amazing... less than Hy Vee, and the cake was wonderful!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting most of the cakes and desserts from a nice lady in Carroll.
    Groom Cake - strawberry with white chocolate mousse
    Wedding Cake - Tres Leches, Red Velvet and orange
    Farewell Brunch - Pound cake with lemon and orange icing, carrot cake with  cream cheese icing.
    I am also having Belgium chocolate truffles as one of the favors...yummy!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't booked her yet but I think I'm getting cupcakes from Sweetest Perfections. Great pictures on her website and her pricing is great for cupcakes so I'm sure cakes will be too. www.sweetestperfections.com

(I had to check first your wedding date so you didn't steal her from me, but since we don't have the same date - give her a call! haha)
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    We got our cup cakes from Hy-Vee they were so good when I had them make a batch!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ EllenG27 tooo funny!!!  I actually tried calling them last Friday but they didnt answer.  I suppose Friday is a bad time to call, they are really busy.  I am going to also check out Dutch Oven Bakery and I've had Indulgent moments before!!! My FI and I always get eachother our bday cakes from there! yummmm!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Sweetest Perfections, she is making us cupcakes!  The cupcakes were the same price as the cake we priced and we ultimately wanted cupcakes.  Set up a tasting her cake is so yummy!!  Definitely reccommend her :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mcsweets - I emailed Elizabeth at Sweetest Perfections and she was pretty responsive via email. So maybe check that out on her website! Good luck!

abauer0145 - We have the same baker! I'm so excited for Elizabeth to do our cupcakes!! The only hard part is picking flavors.... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mcsweets- I also emailed Elizabeth and arranged everything thru email and had no problems. 
    EllenG27- Yay!!  I know picking flavors will def be the hardest part they are all so delish!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards