Virginia
Options

Frozen Wedding Cake from Amphora Bakery in Herndon

I got married 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to warn everyone NOT to get their wedding cake from Amphora Bakery in Herndon, VA because they delivered a FROZEN 5 tier cake to my wedding reception.  They delivered the cake at 5:30pm and when I cut the cake at 10pm - the whole center of the cake was still frozen.  The man cutting the cake had a hot bucket of water and a huge knife and he couldn't cut into the cake.  I definitely didn't get the 200 servings I paid for.  At least 20 people at my wedding were commenting about watching the guy trying to cut into the frozen cake.

When I contacted Amphora to let them know I wasn't happy - they said they would have to look into it and get back to me.  NOT the correct response in my opinion, but I was willing to see what happened.  Now they are denying that they freeze their cakes - of course they are going to say that now. 

They are basically calling me a liar because all they will say is that they don't know what happened, they don't freeze their cakes and that they called my hotel and they didn't know anything about it.  The coordinator at the hotel wasn't there at 10pm.  I asked them why my word at the bride and the one who paid for the cake was not good enough for them.  Their only response is that they don't freeze their cakes - obvioulsly that isn't true!!!!!

Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT DEAL with Amphora Bakery!!  They do not stand behind their cakes and don't care about their customer's happiness.

Re: Frozen Wedding Cake from Amphora Bakery in Herndon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for this review! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but at least you may help another bride from going through the same thing.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for posting. Can we share this with the DC board too?

M
  • Options
    irishfaithirishfaith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please share this everywhere - I'm new to posting things, so I wasn't sure how to do it.  Thanks everyone.  Hopefully I can stop one bride from making the same mistake I did...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards