New Jersey - South
Options

Videographer Suggestions

I have contacted Jack Otepka and Steve Williams of PERSEMPRE Videos. Looking for some feedback on these two videographers, we really just need the unedited footage since my dad can do the editing for us. Any other suggestions are welcome…

Re: Videographer Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you want unedited, but Steve does FAB editing, he is a friggin genious. So I would just let him edit for you. Other than that I have not much to say. I love him though, my wedding is in March.
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your dad doing editing for a living?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

No he does not do it for a living but in the last few years has really been doing a lot of it. He has been moving all our old family videos and even my grandfather’s old reel to reel movies to DVD. He has a recording studio and the same programs he uses to edit music expand to video as well.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well in my opinion, something like this should really be left to a pro, you will have it forever, so I would really just use a pro to edit this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not really worried about that my dad's work is just as good as editing that I have seen...I think it will mean a lot to have something that my dad created for me. Thanks for the help!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its nice that you're dad wants to do this for you!  I thought about just getting the footage and editing it myself also (since I too edit) but the difference is your dad will probably get to it, where as I knew I wouldnt!  Jack is great...his work is ok.  For someone like me, who is pretty close to a perfectionist when it comes to video, he could have done better.  Steve has better equipment.  Jack uses the HD cams that colleges lend out to their students, so the quality isnt as wonderful.  Our video has some white balancing issues and some digitizing issues I need to see if he can fix, but first I'm going to see if they happened during the burning of the dvd or if i can fix them myself with the raw footage he provided.  Having gone through it, I wish I had spent a little more to have my video done.  I have the raw, but it could have been shot better by my friend from college (but once again, these are my crazy annoying standards that most don't notice!).  In the end, spend a little extra for the better video quality, but it that doesnt matter, Jack is a great guy and we never knew he was there which was great!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm betting that your dad will have no incentive to complete the video, since you can't get mad at him for ignoring it, and the video will never see the light of day. I know I have videotaped my niece's softball games and a few vacations to the shore and the tapes just sit in my drawer untouched.

Tell dad to give it a rest. Hire a pro.
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    alliance video productions--tom is fantastic. im sure if you email him he can let you know about just raw footage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I was just giving you an awesome suggestion. You can use Steve for just raw footage, he is great for that, I just love his work and think everyone should have the same.
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Alliance Video
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards