Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Milwaukee - Recs of things to do?

Who's been there or familiar at all with that area?

FI and I are taking our "minimoon" to Milwaukee the weekend after the wedding.  We will be there Thursday night through Sunday afternoon.  We will be going to the Twins/Brewers games Friday and Saturday nights but are looking for fun things to do and good places to eat while we aren't at the games! 

We have never been there so we are up for anything. I think we want to do a brewery tour...we haven't picked one yet so if anyone has been on one there, let me know!

Where are some yummy/fun places to eat? Interesting places to visit?

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Milwaukee - Recs of things to do?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I've been a couple times...but only to one brewery.  My FI's best man lives there and I had a good friend live there for a while also.  The best brewery they said was Lakefront Brewery.  It's way better than Miller because it's more laid back.  FI & I went on it when we visited and it was super fun and the tour guides were hilarious.  The tokens for FREE beer was pretty awesome also. Check out their website.

http://lakefrontbrewery.com/lakefront-brewery-home-page.html

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and you get a free beer glass @ the end of the tour...and actual really nice glass, not a cheap plastic thing.  You will have to let me know if you go and what you think.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you said Lakefront Bridget!  I am not a Miller fan so I was trying to aviod that one if possible and I had been looking at Lakefront and it looked fun.  I am glad someone who's been there can confirm it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP...Lakefront is fun!

I have been to Milwaukee a few times as well. I know Minneapolis has Rock Bottom but the Rock Bottom in Milwaukee is right on the river and next to a restaurant called Molly Cools that has gotten good reviews.

Also there is really cute wine bar downtown Milwaukee (I'm so sorry I don't have the name) that was AWESOME!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's some cool downtown market type area that's pretty neat!  Also a few good restaurants and bars along the river in downtown.  I was being driven around by my MOH who went to Marquette, so I can't say that I'm really familiar with the specifics!  If you don't mind a little drive, I'd also recommend checking out Kohler Andrae (sp?) State Park and surrounding towns!  They have a wonderful beach on Lake Michigan and it's usually nice and cool by the water. 
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the 3rd Ward area. Some cute shops, restos, and bars around there, including the Milwaukee Public Market, which a PP mentioned.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could post this on the Wisconsin board.  Many of the brides are from Milwukee. 

Miller Park is great - you'll have a blast!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup! I posted it there too :) They have had some good recommendations as well, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    U could go to the Harley Davidson Museam it's super cool if your into that kind of thing. Also there is a fun bar called the Spy House and you need a password to get in if you dont know the password they make you do something ex. they made us frisk each other but its all on camera for everyone inside to see. Then they hit a button and the wall slides open and in you go to the bar. Very James Bondish it was fun worth checking out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards