Virginia

Affordable Wedding Coordinators?

Hey girls.  We're getting married here in Norfolk in November and we're looking for an affordable wedding coordinator who does "day of" services.  We're going to do all the planning ourselves and are just looking for someone to take charge of the day.

Am I crazy..am I the only one that thinks $2,000 for a wedding coordinator is a bit over the top?  My sister had a day of planner for $150.  Anyone know of someone under $1,000 in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area?

Thanks!

Re: Affordable Wedding Coordinators?

• edited December 2011
    Tanya Frazier www.tanyasgrafefuldesigns.com

I am not sure how much for day of but I am pretty sure it is under$1000. She is great. 
  • maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A day of planner for 2K is way overpriced. I just booked a planner in the Harrisonburg area for around $800. She's doing the day of service, planning our rehearsal dinner and this included unlimited phone calls and emails regarding questions. She has two years of experience and great recommendations. 

Shop around and get quotes! But most importantly, check their references and find out if they've done weddings at your wedding site. Very important!

I inquired about two and one turned out to be extremely neurotic and became very rude to me after I told her we chose someone else. So glad I didn't choose her!

Good luck!
  • mlouphilmlouphil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Julie from As You Wish (www.asyouwishva.com) She's always willing to help, answer questions, give suggestions or just talk. She has several different plans to choose from and will definitely work with your budget. She'll even come up with a payment plan so you don't have to pay a huge sum all at once. She's been a life saver thus far...and I'm sure to call on her a lot more in the near future with date nearing close and closer!
  • SDShannon88SDShannon88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shannon Renfro with Events By Design ~ www.eventsbydesignva.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards