Ohio-Columbus
Options

Ugh it shouldn't be this hard

Ok - so we haven't told his parents yet that the wedding is back on. 

We had originally cancelled because i'm losing my job here on February 8th. I'm back in school to get I.T. Certifications. His parents felt that we should wait to get married until 2014. 
We had originally thought ok - thats an idea and nothing else was said. 

Well Jon and I decided why should we have to wait? We're getting married in our house and going out to dinner afterwards and spending a couple of days at a bed and breakfast somewhere..

we're nervous to tell his parents.... UGH.. here we are 31 and 32 and scared :/
-=Chesney=- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ugh it shouldn't be this hard

• Options
    Calmly and happily share your great news!   Lovingly invite them to share your happiness.... don't be scared just because things in reality are different than planned.  Different doesn't mean not as good - it is just different!
  • Options
    They're going to be so upset with us - they feel we can't afford it - i don't know what the difference is - we live together anyway - just want to make it official - i'll be able to be on his insurance. If we get married in the house - it's not going to cost a lot :)
  • Options
    its your day! it doesnt matter if you have a glamourous wedding or a wedding with just you two in a hole. doesnt matter the location, and it doesnt matter who is going to be upset by it. As long as your happy and doing what you want nothing else should matter. And i think getting married in your house is cute! every day when you wake up and look at the spot you two stood would make me smile beyond belief! :) GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_ugh-it-shouldnt-be-this-hard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:2b8892ef-8af9-4855-a9b5-7cb3238a8765Post:4282ba86-a9d3-4473-96fb-3adb934c2829">Re: Ugh it shouldn't be this hard</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're going to be so upset with us - they feel we can't afford it - i don't know what the difference is - we live together anyway - just want to make it official - i'll be able to be on his insurance. If we get married in the house - it's not going to cost a lot :)
    Posted by cdevine[/QUOTE]

<div>So - this is what you tell the in-laws</div><div>
    </div><div>Plesae don't be upset with us.  We AGREE with you that we can't afford a big traditional wedding and reception, but, we really want to be married.  So, we hope you'll join us in our small ceremony right here (!), and then for a small but special dinner afterwards with a few of our favorite people.  We think the marriage is more important thatn the 'wedding' - don't you?</div>
  • Options
    awesome!
    Thank you!
  • Options
    You've probably heard this a lot but, it's the marriage that counts, not the wedding. Sure, it might be a disappointment to not get to plan the wedding you dreamed of, but it's more important to have a great marriage. Plus, there's nothing to say you couldn't go all out for a vow renewal! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jane - i'm not disappointed  - i just want to get married - it's his parents who are going to be upset because they wanted us to wait. They said they'd rather us live together and end up being able to afford it - they know families with kids and the parents arent married - and I have no problem with others that do that but I really want to be married before we start a family and we'll wait till we 're more stable to have kids - i just want to be married and have it official lol
  • Options
    Yeah, should have phrased that differently. THEY might be disappointed because it isn't what they envisioned but hopefully, they'll be on board though when they see how happy you two are with your decision. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards