California-Tahoe

Help! Need (all) Vendor recomms for Lake Tahoe Wedding!

hi y'all, My brother and his fiancé are having a destination wedding in South Lake Tahoe. They have selected the venue "Riva" but the planning ends there. We are in desperate need of an officiant, DJ, florist, cake and photographer! (huge emphasis on a fabulous DJ) Thanks soooooooo much for yalls help in advance! Any recommendations would be awesome! :)

Re: Help! Need (all) Vendor recomms for Lake Tahoe Wedding!

• ilneigeilneige member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the photographer, I highly recommend Jeramie Lu. He's based in Reno, but does much of his work around Lake Tahoe. He was awesome. Cake-wise, I did a tasting with Katie's Cakes, located at the Sugar Pine Bakery in South Tahoe, but didn't end up using them because of distance issues (we got married on the north shore). The tasting was good, though. As for officiants, the only one I have experience with is Rev. David Beronio.  I DO NOT recommend using him. I made a warning post further down the page about how disappointed I was in the ceremony he gave. He messed up the order of our ceremony (even though it was printed in front of him, he jumped around the page for some reason), read parts himself that my husband and I were supposed to read (which were color-coded for him), and added in a bunch of filler that we explicitly asked him not to. Choosing him is still my biggest regret about our wedding.

I didn't use a DJ or a florist in Tahoe, so I can't help much there. Happy planning!
  • Jaime E.Jaime E. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 
    I live in South Lake Tahoe and I'm actually down the street from The Riva Grill! It's a really nice venue right on the lake. Here are recommendations for vendors that we work with frequently and think are fantastic. I would recommend getting in contact with them asap because we all book up pretty quickly.

Ryan Palmer at Lake Tahoe DJ
    Lake DJ
    Thran's (Fowers)
    Sweet Peas (North Shore Florist)
    Katie Cakes is AWESOME and I recommend her for a cake as well.

Best of luck in the planning!
    Jaime
  • I recently wrote a little article on my top 5 vendors and I HIGHLY recommend each of them!  http://tahoesouth.com/blog/2011/12/12/my_top_five_wedding_vendors_in_south_lake_tahoe

It looks like most of my recommendations are in line with those above!  :)

Natasha
    schuelove.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards