Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NER: I judge...

Re: NER: I judge...

• Options
    aefitz29 said:
    aefitz29 said:
    Eh I give people a pass when driving in poor weather. Not everyone can be awesome at driving under stress, poor road conditions, and crappy visibility. I've been told I am a great driver but I doubt I am the best when there is ice on the road and my car loses traction.

Ice/icy conditions cause people to lose control so not sure how that's bad/good driving it just happens on ice/snow?  I don't know how anyone possibly knows how a random person in a vehicle has or hasn't lived in one place their whole life? Unless you are referring to someone specific which in that case okay.

Obviously we are all being 'judgey' here about random pet peeves so I get it. Just my opinion.
    I wasn't talking about how they can lose control. I meant how they drive at like 2 mph and clearly don't know how to react when their car hits a patch of ice. You don't slam on the brakes when that happens because it makes it worse. You let off the gas slowly and correct the car.
    I think people are over dramatic about how slow someone is driving in icy conditions. Obviously if it is literally 2MPH that is dangerous in itself on a road. But hey if they get home safely for going 5 under is that really so bad? Not saying you are judging the latter example of people, just MHO.

I judge...people who have no patience and think the world revolves around their schedule.
    I have no problem if they are driving 5 under the speed limit because of the conditions. Those are obviously the smarter ones. It's the people who are barely moving on the road when there isn't much on the roads.
    Well I can agree with that. On the other side of the spectrum I see more accidents caused by people speeding in icy conditions. These are the people I have seen lose control more often.
  • Options
    I judge strangers who watch other peoples' weddings in semi-public places. Does anyone else think this is a little weird?

A friend of mine just got married at the beach this weekend. The ceremony was on a boardwalk type thing overlooking the beach, set back from the sidewalk and surrounded by bushes. When we arrived a few minutes before the ceremony, there were several people hanging out really close to the ceremony set-up. I would understand watching from a polite distance, but they were less than 10 feet from the chairs. Then one of them started taking pictures and video with her phone. It just seemed strange and somewhat rude to me. Then again, it wasn't my wedding and the bride wasn't paying attention to them, so I didn't say anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

aefitz29 said:
    Well I can agree with that. On the other side of the spectrum I see more accidents caused by people speeding in icy conditions. These are the people I have seen lose control more often.
    If someone is judging me because I am driving slow on an icy road, then judge away. I have no problem with that and neither does my undamaged car.
    I have to wonder if you read all of my posts on this thread or just that one....? You know like this post:

'I think people are over dramatic about how slow someone is driving in icy conditions. Obviously if it is literally 2MPH that is dangerous in itself on a road. But hey if they get home safely for going 5 under is that really so bad? Not saying you are judging the latter example of people, just MHO.

I judge...people who have no patience and think the world revolves around their schedule.
    '
  • Options
    aefitz29 said:

aefitz29 said:
    If someone is judging me because I am driving slow on an icy road, then judge away. I have no problem with that and neither does my undamaged car.
    I have to wonder if you read all of my posts on this thread or just that one....?
    No, I read them but IF there is ice mentioned anywhere in the forcast, I will not be taking chances and I will be driving slow. This is a reference to Bubbles judging. I am telling her to judge me for it because I do drive slower in winter than I do in the other seasons.
  • Options
    aefitz29 said:

aefitz29 said:
    I have to wonder if you read all of my posts on this thread or just that one....?
    No, I read them but IF there is ice mentioned anywhere in the forcast, I will not be taking chances and I will be driving slow. This is a reference to Bubbles judging. I am telling her to judge me for it because I do drive slower in winter than I do in the other seasons.
    Ah I see...pardon my confusion then. I get one blonde moment a week so let's chalk it up to that.
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    aefitz29 said:

Ah I see...pardon my confusion then. I get one blonde moment a week so let's chalk it up to that.

No, it was my fault for not mentioning who I was referring to in my earlier post.  I get lazy and quote the last post. I should have made it more clear.

I judge the people who are at the register to order their food and they cannot make up their minds. I only have 30 min for lunch so I can't afford to wait 10 minutes behind you while you are deciding what to order. You should have been thinking about that in the long line were were just in.

• Options
    I understand driving slower in rough weather conditions. I do the same. But if someone driving 5 mph because its (lightly) snowing and slamming on your breaks every half mile, its more of a hazard than anything. 
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    aefitz29 said:

aefitz29 said:
    I driver slower during the winter as well. My judging was on people who drive too slow or are barely moving on the road when there is no reason to do so. My point being if you have lived in New England or some place that has similar winters your entire life, you should know by now how to drive for all kinds of weather you get thrown at you living there. I can understand if you've never driven in it and go a little bit slower than everyone else. I draw the line when there's barely any snow on the ground and you are driving like 5 mph.
    But how do you know someone has lived here their whole life? I am not trying to be argumentative, but I have lived in MA for about eight years and only started driving here a few years ago.  I only go as fast as I feel comfortable, and even if there is no snow on the ground, if I don't feel comfortable going over 5 MPH, then I will go 4 MPH. But like I said, judge away!
  • Options
    I judge strangers who watch other peoples' weddings in semi-public places. Does anyone else think this is a little weird?

A friend of mine just got married at the beach this weekend. The ceremony was on a boardwalk type thing overlooking the beach, set back from the sidewalk and surrounded by bushes. When we arrived a few minutes before the ceremony, there were several people hanging out really close to the ceremony set-up. I would understand watching from a polite distance, but they were less than 10 feet from the chairs. Then one of them started taking pictures and video with her phone. It just seemed strange and somewhat rude to me. Then again, it wasn't my wedding and the bride wasn't paying attention to them, so I didn't say anything.
    We definitely watched a beach wedding (on a Wednesday) during our honeymoon. It was right next to the public boardwalk on the public beach where we were walking and collecting shells, so we watched from a respectable distance.

So maybe that statement was a little too general, but I’m still feeling irritated that some of those people are in the first of the wedding photos we saw. I do think it’s perfectly fine to watch from a respectful, unimposing distance. Even snapping a picture, discretely, isn't that bad. But watching this stranger take a bajillion pictures of my friend walking down the aisle was a little too much for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    aefitz29 said:

aefitz29 said:
    I driver slower during the winter as well. My judging was on people who drive too slow or are barely moving on the road when there is no reason to do so. My point being if you have lived in New England or some place that has similar winters your entire life, you should know by now how to drive for all kinds of weather you get thrown at you living there. I can understand if you've never driven in it and go a little bit slower than everyone else. I draw the line when there's barely any snow on the ground and you are driving like 5 mph.
    But how do you know someone has lived here their whole life? I am not trying to be argumentative, but I have lived in MA for about eight years and only started driving here a few years ago.  I only go as fast as I feel comfortable, and even if there is no snow on the ground, if I don't feel comfortable going over 5 MPH, then I will go 4 MPH. But like I said, judge away!
    You're right, I don't. But in my experience having lived here my entire live, 25 years, that people freak out when snow or ice is even mentioned. These are the same people who will drive to the grocery store and stock up on things when a dusting is forecast. It's that mentality that makes me want to slam my head against my steering wheel.

I still stand by the fact that the state of Massachusetts will give anyone their license even though the majority of people clearly don't know how to drive. And that is not directed at you or anyone else who lives here. It makes me glad that I will soon move to New Hampshire where it seems like people know what they are doing.
    This is how I feel about the city of Madison! I've been living here about 6 months and I'm convinced their drivers test doesn't not require you to adhere to stop signs and traffic lights. 
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Here are the top ten cities in the US with the worst drivers: http://www.usnews.com/news/best-cities/slideshows/10-us-cities-with-the-worst-drivers

If you are not one of these then you have less to complain about.
  • Options
    I judge people who go too fast for the road conditions-we had glare ice for a week, yeah there's a reason everyone except YOU are going half the speed limit! I also judge the idiot who decided to pass the guy in front of him, when they were only a hundred feet away, and no one behind me! Seriously, you couldn't wait 5 seconds?? And I most definitely judge the ahole who stole my boyfriend's car (very glad that it was too difficult for him to drive though )
  • Options

I judge the guy who was glaring at me at the food store on Saturday, before proceeding to berate me for using the electric wheelchair based cart as it should be "for the elderly" like himself.

(For the record- I did not have any visible cast or cane or anything- I've been dealing with Sciatic Nerve Inflammation for 3 weeks. The pain pills/ muscle relaxants make me feel loopy, and I don't like taking them when I have to drive. I managed to walk at my warehouse store and WalHell, but was hurting too much by the time I got to Publix (which was mobbed) and gave in to the chair.)

I judge 14 year old girls who don't send thank you notes and have to be reminded 4 times to cash the check you sent for their birthday, but get confused and angry when you stop sending gifts.

• Options
    I too judge people who put full on game consoles or televisions on their registries and both fi and I are gamers. With that said I do not side eye recreational items such as board games, movies and I don't even mind individual video games because those are fun items that can be enjoyed and depending on the game they can be pretty reasonable in price. But a 150 to 200 dollar console? Please!
  • Options
    FYI I totally want a popcorn maker but again I could use that a lot for hosting parties
  • Options
    I judge companies with awful hold music. If I am going to have to wait for 500 years to talk to someone, please don't make me listen to a piccolo rendition of Joy to the World on continuous loop.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

We definitely watched a beach wedding (on a Wednesday) during our honeymoon. It was right next to the public boardwalk on the public beach where we were walking and collecting shells, so we watched from a respectable distance.

So maybe that statement was a little too general, but I’m
    still feeling irritated that some of those people are in the first of the
    wedding photos we saw. I do think it’s perfectly fine to watch from a respectful, unimposing distance. Even snapping a picture, discretely, isn't that bad. But watching this stranger take a bajillion pictures of my friend walking down the aisle was a little too much for me.

^That would weird me out, but I think that's part of the choice you make getting married in a public space. Steangers will see, and they might watch, comment or take photos, because you chose to do a private event in a public arena.

• Options
    Amyzen83 said:
    FYI I totally want a popcorn maker but again I could use that a lot for hosting parties
    My issue isn't with a general popper... the one the girl registered for was some deluxe thing that looks like it belongs in a movie theater. I guess I just don't understand registered for unnecessary stuff when I feel like showers and for things that make a home. I don't think video games make a home. Maybe this is also my unpop opinion :) 
  • Options

On th topic of bad weather, I judge the morons who live in Seattle who, when its a typical fall shower, drive like its a damn monsoon! YOU LIVE IN SEATTLE PEOPLE, IT RAINS!! LETS PLEASE GET OVER IT!

I judge the moron in the warehouse that I have the displeasue of working with for getting a DUI and a suspended license and hasseling one of our buyers to always take him to the store to buy cigarettes....

Anniversary
  • Options
    I judge people who drive int he passing lane! If you are not passing get over, even if you are traveling concord speed. The left lane is not for driving dammit!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    edited November 2013

Yes. I think it's weird. We got married outside in a city park. We rented out the park and the bridge and got married on the bridge. There was a hill behind the park that you would have to climb to see the ceremony. In all my wedding photos facing that direction, there are like 20 people standing on the hill and watching. BUT by far the weirdest thing was that we invited a family friend whose adult daughter brought a blanket and watched from the hill (daughter not invited - we've met her a few times but barely know her). I'm sure she probably found out the time/location from the invitation/talking with her mom. But just... weird. 

@Abbyb987 - ditto on the people who are constantly late. There's the one who always has a dramatic excuse and then the ones who just don't even apologize, like it's normal and acceptable. I don't know which makes me more stabby.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I work at the state capitol building and people will often get married or take wedding portraits here. Totally understandable as its a public building and gorgeous. It gets awkward, however, when there's someone doing that during the week and everyone working in the building is trying to get around them. In the background of every picture is I'm sure a dozen government employees. 
  • Options

Yes. I think it's weird. We got married outside in a city park. We rented out the park and the bridge and got married on the bridge. There was a hill behind the park that you would have to climb to see the ceremony. In all my wedding photos facing that direction, there are like 20 people standing on the hill and watching. BUT by far the weirdest thing was that we invited a family friend whose adult daughter brought a blanket and watched from the hill (daughter not invited - we've met her a few times but barely know her). I'm sure she probably found out the time/location from the invitation/talking with her mom. But just... weird. 

@Abbyb987 - ditto on the people who are constantly late. There's the one who always has a dramatic excuse and then the ones who just don't even apologize, like it's normal and acceptable. I don't know which makes me more stabby.
    Part of this just made me think of the one, the only - JASHLEY.
    LOL!!! Come to think of it, this member of my church.......

Just kidding.. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I judge people who drive int he passing lane! If you are not passing get over, even if you are traveling concord speed. The left lane is not for driving dammit!
    This drives me insane! Move the eff over! It's the passing lane. 
  • Options
    Senecaf said:
    I judge the parents of bad children. Young kids that swear-I hate that. Kids that are mean, rude or bullies.(toddlers I know often don't know how to express themselves. I'm talking 5 and up here) Parents that smoke with their kids in the car/house.
    This! Making decisions that are bad for your own health, I don't care about. You're an adult, do what you want. But ruining your kids' health in such a drastic way is not okay. They're kids and they can't get away from it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards