Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER: I judge...

Since unpop opinions went well and since it's Monday morning, I judge...

I judge... brides who have lived with their SO for years and register for ridiculous things since they have the basics covered already. This happened to me recently and she registered for things like cake pop makers (yes, multiple) and a popcorn machine. No, dear, you don't actually need any of those that you'll use once a year. I totally understand upgrades to an extent, but if you have a good foundation, maybe you should skip a shower or keep it small. 

I judge... people on my block who still have Halloween decs outside, but a tree decorated in their bay window. 

Re: NER: I judge...

• Since unpop opinions went well and since it's Monday morning, I judge...

I judge... brides who have lived with their SO for years and register for ridiculous things since they have the basics covered already. This happened to me recently and she registered for things like cake pop makers (yes, multiple) and a popcorn machine. No, dear, you don't actually need any of those that you'll use once a year. I totally understand upgrades to an extent, but if you have a good foundation, maybe you should skip a shower or keep it small. 

I judge... people on my block who still have Halloween decs outside, but a tree decorated in their bay window. 
    o.O That just makes them look stupid! Sorry you have to see that.

I judge....people who were bullies when they were younger and keeping say they have changed yet they still do it!

I judge....couples who get wasted the morning of their wedding day and are still wasted for the ceremony.

I judge...people who keep their Christmas decor up till Feb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since unpop opinions went well and since it's Monday morning, I judge...

Just to clarify- a popcorn machine like an air popper or one of those theater type popcorn makers. The reason I ask is that I have an air popper on my registry. I love popcorn but I hate the microwavable kind so I thought an air popper would be nice to have.
  • Just to clarify- a popcorn machine like an air popper or one of those theater type popcorn makers. The reason I ask is that I have an air popper on my registry. I love popcorn but I hate the microwavable kind so I thought an air popper would be nice to have.
    You can also pop homemade popcorn by putting a tiny bit of vegetable oil in the bottom of a pot, covering it with a layer of popcorn kernels, covering and shaking frequently. Super easy. I do it all the time, and it doesn't take up all the extra space that an extra appliance would take up. 

I judge... people that register for things like video game systems and board games. These are not things you need. Something about the frivolous nature of these items really ticks me off. It seems gift grabby.

I judge... the people who parallel park on our street (where parking is already limited) and take up two spots because they can't judge the length of their car. On the same note, I judge people who can't judge the width of their car, and therefore feel the need to drive down the middle of the road and not move over for oncoming traffic. If you can't judge the width of your car, you shouldn't be driving it.
  • Just to clarify- a popcorn machine like an air popper or one of those theater type popcorn makers. The reason I ask is that I have an air popper on my registry. I love popcorn but I hate the microwavable kind so I thought an air popper would be nice to have.
    You can also pop homemade popcorn by putting a tiny bit of vegetable oil in the bottom of a pot, covering it with a layer of popcorn kernels, covering and shaking frequently. Super easy. I do it all the time, and it doesn't take up all the extra space that an extra appliance would take up. 

I judge... people that register for things like video game systems and board games. These are not things you need. Something about the frivolous nature of these items really ticks me off. It seems gift grabby.

I judge... the people who parallel park on our street (where parking is already limited) and take up two spots because they can't judge the length of their car. On the same note, I judge people who can't judge the width of their car, and therefore feel the need to drive down the middle of the road and not move over for oncoming traffic. If you can't judge the width of your car, you shouldn't be driving it.

That's what I use to do, but the oil made me sick.  I had to stop doing that and now I can't eat any popcorn. :(

I judge people who park an inch in front or behind my car. Seriously, how am I suppose to get my car out without hitting yours?

That's what I use to do, but the oil made me sick.  I had to stop doing that and now I can't eat any popcorn. :(

I judge people who park an inch in front or behind my car. Seriously, how am I suppose to get my car out without hitting yours?

Oh, that sucks :( Sorry to hear it makes you sick. I hope you get your air popper. Homemade popcorn is so delish.
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    For the record I really would love an air popper. Anything popcorn related on a registry does not receive judgement from me. I see it as date night fuel and I also have a popcorn problem so I'm probably bias. :D

I judge...the guy that parks his giant truck in front of my house when he lives several blocks over instead of parking in the places closer to his home with no houses directly in front of them. He sucks. Especially when I have a car full of groceries.

I judge...people who don't pick up after their dogs right by the pet station in my neighborhood. It is two feet away FFS.

• I judge people who pull roller bags/backpacks around and who aren't mindful of other people. No, you don't get to roll it over my feet.
  • I judge people who leave their garbage cans out way past trash day.

I judge people who bring 4 or 5 big bags into work every single day. Simplify. For your own sake, simplify.

I immediately judge every single thing about a wedding when I see a cash bar. Like "oh you can have orchids, roses, and lilies in your giant bouquet and floral arrangements, but you can't host? Nice custom linens - thanks for the drink... oh wait..."

I judge people who get up to the cash register, then sort through everything to decide what they're going to buy while holding up the line. That's what the entire store and the dressing room is for. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I also judge people that still have their Halloween decorations up, like our neighbors. 

I judge people that smoke inside their houses. That shit is nasty. Why do you want all of your stuff to stink like cigarette smoke??
  • I judge the shit out of people who had two weddings within a one year span, and right before their second wedding they post on facebook "Only few get to marry their soulmate twice. You are amazing *husbands* name".

I judge brides who dont put the time of ceremony nor an address on their invitation and then have a beach wedding with no plan B when its raining, and then on top of it all not have a microphone and speakers. 
    edited November 2013
    I also judge people that still have their Halloween decorations up, like our neighbors. 

I judge people that smoke inside their houses. That shit is nasty. Why do you want all of your stuff to stink like cigarette smoke??
    I have neighbors that do this and crack a window. They have a brand new house. I judge.

I also second @southernbelle0915's sentiments about cash bar judging. Hey your couture dress is great thanks for making me buy my own beer at your wedding. Jackhole.
  • I judge a certain couple that has "help us with a downpayment" on their honeyfund...since the groom is in his 50s and already owns a house (and based on public records, it looks like he even has it completely paid off).
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I judge ... people who post everything wedding-related on social media. And I mean everything. From their daily workouts to a daily countdown starting a year out. 

I judge ... people who start lining up at airport gates before their boarding group is called. It just causes traffic. Sit down and wait, please!
  • Also, I judge my cousin and his wife who posted on Facebook asking for donations for their second try at IVF. 
  • I judge people who wait until it is already 20 degrees outside to get their tire pressure and antifreeze checked.  No you don't have a nail in every single tire, you just haven't gotten your pressure checked since you got your oil change 10000 miles ago. And of course you don't want to get out of your warm car so I can pull it into my warm shop you want me to come out in the cold to check it. 

Sorry I manage a small automotive shop and had to vent :)

I agree with everyone who judges the xmas decorations that stay up until Feb. Santa is not coming at Valentines day.
  • I judge poor hosting at weddings.  Big time.  My cousin had a cash bar at her wedding, and when my family went up to get a glass of wine, her mom (who was noticeably drunk) giggled and said "ooooooops, sorry!" when the bartender asked for money.
  • kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

Since unpop opinions went well and since it's Monday morning, I judge...

We've been together long enough that a lot of our "basics" are wearing out and need to be replaced. But we've also never had a popcorn maker. Or a waffle iron. Or a griddle or food processor or GOOD coffee maker. Because we've never had the money for a really nice setup. :-p

ETA: there are classic board games that never go out of style. Most of the games we play belong to our parents, not us. Having our own set would be a nice thing.

I judge. . . people who put the Christmas lights out and music on before Thansgiving. And people who put ridiculously tiny things like measuring spoons on their registries. Seriously, you're going to make me spend $15 to ship you a dish towel and a ladle?

• I judge myself for the state of my apartment right now. 

I judge people who go to the gym and then order a giant smoothie full of fake preservatives and crap.

I have to say though, saw this tweet from speak Rachel Held Evans the other day, and it really made me think about how much I judge! : "Quietly judged a lady at the grocery store based on her appearance & accent. Then she ran after me to deliver a bag I'd left behind."
  • I judge... people who always stick their noses where they don't belong.

I judge... people who don't know how to drive in snow and icy weather when they have lived in the area their entire lives.
    This!! This morning was the first one it was snowing while I was driving to work. Honestly, its Wisconsin. Everyone driving 5 mph and still car accidents everywhere. 

• I judge... people who don't know how to drive in snow and icy weather when they have lived in the area their entire lives.
    Oh god. I know how this is. We live in the Northeast, people. It snows all the time. This isn't your first rodeo. Put onsome snow tires, you can go faster than 3 MPH.
  • I judge my mom for being a baby all the time and never taking the high road

I judge BF's friend and his fiancee for putting what is and isn't acceptable attire and the fact the the wedding is invitation only and 21+ on their save the date.

I judge myself for installing Cold Turkey on my computer and then finding ways around it.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I judge... people who always stick their noses where they don't belong.

I judge... people who don't know how to drive in snow and icy weather when they have lived in the area their entire lives.
    I dont think you should be judging peoples driving skills.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I judge... people who don't know how to drive in snow and icy weather when they have lived in the area their entire lives.

Oh god. I know how this is. We live in the Northeast, people. It snows all the time. This isn't your first rodeo. Put onsome snow tires, you can go faster than 3 MPH.

I just assume they're Californian or something and really DON'T know how to drive mountain roads in bad weather!
  • chibiyui said:

Just to clarify- a popcorn machine like an air popper or one of those theater type popcorn makers. The reason I ask is that I have an air popper on my registry. I love popcorn but I hate the microwavable kind so I thought an air popper would be nice to have.

I don't like it if the couple does that when only one of them plays video games/board games. But if it is something the couple does together and enjoys I'm not bothered by it. My FI and I play both together, and while we don't have any video games on our registry, we do have a board game or two from Target that we'd like but haven't gotten around to getting cause there were more important things (or games) to get. 
    I mean hell, if we want to get picky, nobody NEEDS fine china, but no one here will turn their nose up at that on a registry.

I judge..... People who can't park at the mall. No, your fucking hummer doesn't need to take up 3 spaces, you just need to learn to pull in straight. 
    I also judge people who drive Hummers. I assume you're over-compensating for something if you need a vehicle that big.

Not true! A friend of mine sent me a bitchy FB message about my china pattern last week! (A now-former friend, mind you).

I judge...people who think they can treat others poorly and yet still get treated well in return (DH's grandmother).

I second @allisonmarie in judging people who come here and ask for advice on their self-centred plans and theb get pissy when they get called out.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
    edited November 2013
    Eh I give people a pass when driving in poor weather. Not everyone can be awesome at driving under stress, poor road conditions, and crappy visibility. I've been told I am a great driver but I doubt I am the best when there is ice on the road and my car loses traction.

Ice/icy conditions cause people to lose control so not sure how that's bad/good driving it just happens on ice/snow?  I don't know how anyone possibly knows how a random person in a vehicle has or hasn't lived in one place their whole life? Unless you are referring to someone specific which in that case okay.

Obviously we are all being 'judgey' here about random pet peeves so I get it. Just my opinion.
  • KatWAG said:
    KatWAG said:
    I judge... people who always stick their noses where they don't belong.

I dont think you should be judging peoples driving skills.
    Why is that?
    Because you made a huge stink a few weeks ago about how you couldnt possibly driving 30 minutes to a shower since it was outside your hometown. And you couldnt figure out a GPS/ cell phone charger so that you wouldnt get lost.
    And if you had paid attention to what I wrote in that post, the comment about it being 30 minutes was a dig at my BF's brother and SIL since that is their excuse for not visiting his parents, especially given his father's health at the time.

I went to said shower yesterday and found it fairly easily, only missing one turn to get to the place because I could not see the street sign. This all being said, I put my big girl panties on and showed up with a smile on my face.

Also, I can judge people's driving skills when it's pretty clear they should not have been given a license in the first place if they can't obey the rules of the road.

I didnt say you couldn't judge them. Judge away.

I think its weird that you would judge someone's driving given how uncomfortable certain driving situations make you. Driving on snow and ice is somewhat rare while driving to the next town over is an everyday occurence for most.

BabyFruit Ticker
    edited November 2013
    aefitz29 said:
    Eh I give people a pass when driving in poor weather. Not everyone can be awesome at driving under stress, poor road conditions, and crappy visibility. I've been told I am a great driver but I doubt I am the best when there is ice on the road and my car loses traction.

Ice/icy conditions cause people to lose control so not sure how that's bad/good driving it just happens on ice/snow?  I don't know how anyone possibly knows how a random person in a vehicle has or hasn't lived in one place their whole life? Unless you are referring to someone specific which in that case okay.

Obviously we are all being 'judgey' here about random pet peeves so I get it. Just my opinion.
    I wasn't talking about how they can lose control. I meant how they drive at like 2 mph and clearly don't know how to react when their car hits a patch of ice. You don't slam on the brakes when that happens because it makes it worse. You let off the gas slowly and correct the car.
    I think people are over dramatic about how slow someone is driving in icy conditions. Obviously if it is literally 2MPH that is dangerous in itself on a road. But hey if they get home safely for going 5 under is that really so bad? Not saying you are judging the latter example of people, just MHO.

I judge...people who have no patience and think the world revolves around their schedule.
  • I judge... people who are ALWAYS late. Every once in awhile I get; life happens. But every single time we make plans? Come on now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards