Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How Rude Am I? On A Scale of 1-10?

2»

Re: How Rude Am I? On A Scale of 1-10?

• Options
    You're not being rude.  You can get married whenever you want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@bubblegum1309 - no worries. We'll be back from our honeymoon by the next weekend. I'll be in-place at her wedding the weekend after we return (and I told her that we wouldn't miss it!). And I'm hoping our 20 mutual guests feel the same about two smashing parties two weeks apart!

@laurynm84 - yeah I thought the same thing about Aug. 30 vs. Sept. 6...I don't know, maybe it's just a mental thing?

I think we'll be fine. If for nothing else, our FIs are still thick as thieves. They've hung out more in the last few weeks than she and I have! Men have it so much easier - no drama there!

• Options
    I was in a sorta similar situation myself.  FI's older brother is getting married in July next year (he's in it) and my best friend is getting married in September (I'm in it).  We planned ours smack dab in the middle in August because we wanted a summer wedding, but his brother's fiancee complained about it (and called us in the middle of the night to bitch about it, even though we already changed it twice to be nice to them).  His family was unhappy about any date we chose because they didn't think it was right to take away from HER special day and that to feel special, we should pick another much later date.  Hah!  Let's not even get into why that is all oh so wrong.  My best friend, on the other hand, couldn't be happier for us.  She knows what's up!  Also, I should add that we're 12-16 hours away from both of these weddings and have to make a lot of sacrifices to go, especially to his brother's because it is a Thursday and a holiday.  In the end, your day is your day dammit. :)

• Options
    On the scale 1-10 i will give my self 3.

Hawaii Weddings

@KnotPorscha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards