Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Inexpensive Wedding Invites: Real or Not Real?

2»

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Invites: Real or Not Real?

• Options
    I used theamericanwedding.com and quickly realized that they are ALWAYS running 40% off.  They will say it "Ends 6/30" but another one starts back up on 7/2, so just keep an eye out and you can get your invites for almost 1/2 off.  Our invites look really expensive, and they werent!

• Options
    Simply Done Invites is who we got ours through.  She's local to me in the Lexington KY area, but she is so easy to work with I don't see why she wouldn't be able to work long distance through video chat and whatnot, not sure where you're located.  They're really nice and were less expensive than a few online places :)
  • Options
    I ordered simple wedding invites that  designed myself using vista print. It was $40-$50 for 60 cute invitations.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another fan of Vistaprint! Paid $20 on etsy for a design I liked for invitation, save the date and RSVP card.  Got them as an instant download, which I created post cards on Vistaprint.

Invite is a 5X7 "medium" postcard with blank back side (only $15 for 50)
    RSVP and save the date are also post cards in the standard size ($10 for 50). Got envelopes cheap for RSVP cards. I upgraded the paper to recycled matte for the invites/RSVP's

Luckily 50 is all I need to order.

Total price, $27 with a coupon code for $25 of $50 from my email (they also have $50 off $100 and $100 off $200!)
  • Options
    I used Cards & Pockets  and was super impressed with the quality when they arrived.  We're printing and assembling our own so extra affordable! 
  • Options
    I've seen print your own pocketfold kids from Wal*mart as low as $.40 a set.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    scrabblecrushscrabblecrush member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to buy a set of graphics I *really* like from a designer on Etsy for $6 to $8 (I might need two or three sets from her collection) and design my own using InDesign and/or PhotoShop.  I like this idea because then I can carry over the graphics theme to my seating cards, menus, etc., without having to involve and pay an Etsy designer several times over the process.  And...here's another hint...the designer whose vector graphics sets I like...her graphics are the ones the *invitation* designer I like used.

Then I'll probably use CatPrint.com for the printing.  I ordered their sample set and like the stocks they have available.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out Walmartstationary.com  They have really great quality and are super inexpensive.  You can even order a free sample kit so you can touch the product before ordering :)  We can get our invites, rsvps, and 2 additional insert cards through them (they have some super cute designs) for less than the the invites & rsvps we were looking at on weddingpaperdivas.com
  • Options
    I bought the very simple ones at Hobby Lobby, typed up my own, and let me tell ya...I had many compliments. I didn't want them all flashy, and my boss who was spending some serious dough on her daughter's wedding wanted to know where I had them done. I told her I did them and she said she wished she had it seen it sooner before she order her daughters. Sometimes simple is better and much more classy. But I have also seen DIYs that turned into a train wreck.
  • Options
    BlackLace2015BlackLace2015 member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

There are some things I just can't bring myself to spend a ton of money on and invitations is one of those things. I actually got mine on clearance at target! I just happened to see them and they were the colors I wanted so I grabbed them and will print and send. Easy.

• Options
    I used etsy for my save the dates and took them to a local mom and pop copy shop. For 70 5x7 STD's it only cost us 20-25 dollars to be printed and the pdf file was $15.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm most likely going to create my own using Illustrator and Photoshop.
    If you don't think that's an option for you www.printableinvitationkits.com has some nice stuff and what's posted is free.
    My parents are still trying to talk me into going professional for invitations. If I decide to do that "Lovely Wedding Details" doesn't look like a bad option. You get a custom invitation, rsvp card, and two envelopes for $2.75 each.
  • Options
    I'm not crafty what so ever, so http://www.annsbridalbargains.com has been my savior!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used Wedding Paper Divas (which is part of/owned by/sister company of/something with Shutterfly). I don't remember the cost but it ended up being only two or three hundred dollars for the invitations plus 4x6 prints of one of our engagement photos to include. We were quite pleased. (Note, we had a simple flat invitation. It was just the invitation - no inserts.)
    I realize I already posted, but I just found the costs.

We ordered 130 5x7 flat invitations for $226.20.  We went with the standard paper and the standard envelopes.  The paper was gorgeous.  It was thick and heavy and had a lovely texture.  It definitely didn't feel cheap.

Then, we ordered 130 4x6 prints of one of our engagement shots from Shutterfly.  We got a first-time sign-up offer of 50 free 4x6 prints so we only paid $19.49 for the remaining 70 prints. We bought a bulk package of tissue paper and cut it into 5x7 pieces with a borrowed paper cutter to layer atop the invitation.

We did not do STDs.  We did not do response cards because we were having a cake and punch reception and we had a good idea of how many people would probably come.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards