Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Say hello to my little friend

I was going to wait until the end of the day, but as soon as my boss heard the ring was ready, she told me to go get it because she wanted to see it too. So, without further ado, here she is!

Sorry for the quality...these were quick shots I snapped in the parking lot of the jeweler's shop lol. My phone didn't want to focus on the peekaboos, but one is an alexandrite (my birthstone) and the other is a garnet (FI's birthstone). The jeweler also had it appraised too, so I'll be able to get an insurance policy pretty quickly. I'm so excited!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Say hello to my little friend

• Options

Oh WOW.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    GORGEOUS!! I love how you have a both of your birthstones incorporated, that's so sweet. The sapphires look much more purple-y in the second photo--love it! Purple is my favorite color! 
  • Options
    I keep getting distracted by it as I type... lol. I'm so excited!

@phira That gif has me lolling!

@morphemes Thanks! We definitely wanted purple sapphires, but it's funny how the lighting can change their color. 

@justbeingme93 Thanks :) And I most definitely did! I was also a very obnoxious driver on the way there... whoops.

• Options

Well........... fuck.

I can't see them :( Any way you could tinypic and then link them? Or just one? Because I WANT TO SEE!!

I think it's these helladumb government computers.

• Options
    @EisleyJoGo Lame. I've heard of a few places blocking imgur. Here's the LINK to tinypic.

• Options

Oh my bajeesus that's beautiful! (And thanks for making special accomodations for me :) )

I love having two colored side stones. Those are my absolute favorite!

• Options
    @EisleyJoGo Thank you! :) I absolutely love it. We both wanted a bit of color thrown in, and purple seemed like a good choice. It's one of our favorite colors and will be one of the wedding colors, so it just made sense for us. I wanted the ring to be a reflection of both of us. 

• Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gorgeous! How amazing does it feel??? I'm still OBSESSED with my ring, and I plan to be for a very long time ;)
  • Options
    Gorgeous ring! Beautiful beautiful beautiful!
  • Options
    YAY! I've been waiting for you to AW this! Gorgeous, I love it so much. The purple sapphires look awesome. Eeeeee so happy for you :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I can't stop staring at it. It's absolutely perfect.

@kaitlynmichelle Thanks! I actually considered tagging you when I posted since we had similar plans for our rings, but then I forgot lol. Working while trying to TK doesn't always mix well.

• Options
    QUESTION: Do I take the ring to Cancun or no? 

• Options
    Girl that ring is perfect!!! Wow!!

And I would say no... But I'm a sissy!
  • Options
    I wouldn't. But I take mine off when I do anything remotely risky, even on easier hikes. I'll wear it in our honeymoon but I'll be freaking out a bit.
  • Options
    I don't know about Cancun in particular... but I've read that people usually lose their rings when they go on vacation because they take it off in the hotel "to be safe" and then misplace it/ forget it since it isn't their usual routine. So if you take it, wear it! 
  • Options
    @es14bw Thank you! :) I love it so much! I'm leaning towards no, but I'm also sad because I just got it and will have to leave it for a week. I'll sign up for insurance on it tomorrow, but I think I'd still be super paranoid about it even if I took it.

@kaitlynmichelle Where are you guys honeymooning? I can't wait to see pics from your wedding. Banff is so beautiful! I was originally planning on taking the ring with me and just wearing it while we were at the resort, but then I started worrying about the pool and the ocean and even the sand... so I'd essentially only be wearing it at dinner, so it would probably be easier just to leave it at home.

• Options
    lilacck28 said:
    I don't know about Cancun in particular... but I've read that people usually lose their rings when they go on vacation because they take it off in the hotel "to be safe" and then misplace it/ forget it since it isn't their usual routine. So if you take it, wear it! 
    My mom has a necklace she wears that she puts her engagement/wedding ring on when she takes them off "to be safe." She's never lost them!

@Eilis1228 - Your ring is beautiful! 

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @lilacck28 that is a good point! I've actually left rings at a hotel in Tahoe before, and the hotel staff had to send them to me in the mail. Not sure how that would work in Mexico... I figured I would leave the ring in the safe we'll have in the room, but there's still a chance I'd leave it there. 

• Options
    lilacck28 said:
    My mom has a necklace she wears that she puts her engagement/wedding ring on when she takes them off "to be safe." She's never lost them!

@Eilis1228 - Your ring is beautiful! 
    Oh that's brilliant! That's what I'll do! Thanks, Beth! Always so wise.

• Options
    Yeah, the necklace idea is definitely a good one! 
  • Options
    GORGEOUS RING! 
  • Options
    OH EM GEEE!!! image

CONGRATS!!!! It's so beautiful and I'm sure well worth the wait for you!!

Also, what's the concern about Cancun?  I plan on wearing my ring to Mexico when I get married there... if you're concerned about the safety, I wouldn't even worry about it.. I have been there three times and never once felt threatened.. I would feel less safe taking it off.
  • Options
    Ever since I lost my favorite ring at a hotel during a conference (the ring was $20 and from Kohl's and had lost three rhinestones but whatever), I either don't wear any jewelry on vacation, or what I wear I never take off.

On last year's annual family trip, I just wore my claddagh and I kept it on the whole time. This year, I'm wearing the same claddagh on my left hand instead and leaving my engagement ring at home.

J is bringing his engagement ring (he thinks--he's not sure yet), and after the wedding, his engagement ring will become his vacation ring (it's a relatively inexpensive titanium ring, so if he lost it, it wouldn't be that much of a loss, financially or emotionally).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Its so beautiful!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    HOT DAMN GIRL. That is a beautiful ring! Excited for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    SO PRETTY!! That is really beautiful, I'm so happy you finally got it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    eilis1228 said:

@es14bw Thank you! :) I love it so much! I'm leaning towards no, but I'm also sad because I just got it and will have to leave it for a week. I'll sign up for insurance on it tomorrow, but I think I'd still be super paranoid about it even if I took it.

@kaitlynmichelle Where are you guys honeymooning? I can't wait to see pics from your wedding. Banff is so beautiful! I was originally planning on taking the ring with me and just wearing it while we were at the resort, but then I started worrying about the pool and the ocean and even the sand... so I'd essentially only be wearing it at dinner, so it would probably be easier just to leave it at home.
    @eilis1228‌ We will be camping, kayaking, and hiking our way through Banff, Yoho, and Jasper National Parks. So lots of touring the rockies! I can't wait to AW my pictures :D We won't have internet or cell coverage a lot of the time so I'm sure the first time we do my mom will have posted all her pictures on FB :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards