Not Engaged Yet
Options

weekend recap and Monday chat!

2»

Re: weekend recap and Monday chat!

• Options
    @twodimeshttp://paleomg.com/super-bowl-snacks-primal-buffalo-chicken-sweet-potato-skins/

But I didn't turn them into cute footballs, that was too much work, haha

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    This is gonna be a post and run because I have to teach in a few minutes.

I had a mediocre weekend because of my infusion on Friday. I basically was bedridden the WHOLE weekend, and I'm still entirely out of it and exhausted today. I only got to work at noon because I had that much trouble getting out of bed.

Tonight we have our first dance lesson. I'm anxious because it's at 7:30 at night and I'm already exhausted, and my shoes are a little too big, so they're flopping off every so often. It's too late to return or exchange them and I can't spend another $100 on shoes. Thoughts or tips?

J is mailing the invitations today during his lunch break :D:D:D holy shit.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira Yay for mailing invitations! Do you have a shoe store or Wal Mart or Target or even like a Walgreen's close by? I think any of those places would sell shoe inserts. It sounds like you need to stick something inside the heel part of the shoe to make them a little bit smaller.

• Options
    phira said:

Tonight we have our first dance lesson. I'm anxious because it's at 7:30 at night and I'm already exhausted, and my shoes are a little too big, so they're flopping off every so often. It's too late to return or exchange them and I can't spend another $100 on shoes. Thoughts or tips?

SITB -- get shoe inserts.  They'll stop the shoes from falling off and won't cause any blistering from rubbing. 
  • Options
    @eilis1228 @lmcooper86
    I've just always assumed I would have a "big wedding" (150+ guests) since I have a large family and that's how every wedding (with the exception of 1) I've been to is like. I feel like we're spending a lot of money that I'd rather use as a down payment for a house. I had a talk with FI about cutting people on both our sides. He's just into the whole wedding politics thing where we HAVE to invite certain people because that's what you're supposed to do. The more I think about it the more I want our ceremony to be as intimate as possible - I want people that I know love and care about us and we see on a regular basis there. Not Uncle JimBob who never talks to anyone..but we have to invite him just because someone's feelings would get hurt. 
    I don't think this is a hill I can die on so I'm just going to have to give in and send invites to people who I honestly don't think deserve them.

• Options
    @phira Shoe inserts can be life savers. Definitely recommend them! Dr. Scholl's has some really good ones.

@lavenderfields13 Ah, wedding politics are the worst. I'm definitely in a similar situation. *hugs* There's a chance that the relatives you aren't very close to won't come though, so try not to stress out over it too much. Plus you'll be so busy that day you won't have time to interact with them much anyway. 

@GoldenPenguin it's the sugar withdrawals that get me. Well, that and the meal prepping. My FI eats like a teenager (fast food, lots of starch, sodas, etc), and he doesn't gain a pound... so he doesn't participate in the dieting. Prepping those kind of meals for 1 person overwhelmed me, especially since I'd have to make an entirely different meal for him (he doesn't like most veggies). Your will power and determination are amazing, especially this time of year. I'm so glad paleo is working for you and your FI! Can't wait to hear about your results at the end of your 24 days. Do you think you'll continue with the diet afterwards?

• Options
    @eilis1228 @lmcooper86
    I've just always assumed I would have a "big wedding" (150+ guests) since I have a large family and that's how every wedding (with the exception of 1) I've been to is like. I feel like we're spending a lot of money that I'd rather use as a down payment for a house. I had a talk with FI about cutting people on both our sides. He's just into the whole wedding politics thing where we HAVE to invite certain people because that's what you're supposed to do. The more I think about it the more I want our ceremony to be as intimate as possible - I want people that I know love and care about us and we see on a regular basis there. Not Uncle JimBob who never talks to anyone..but we have to invite him just because someone's feelings would get hurt. 
    I don't think this is a hill I can die on so I'm just going to have to give in and send invites to people who I honestly don't think deserve them.

STIB:
    Have you already booked everything?  You could always do a small intimate Destination Wedding and then have like a backyard BBQ (nothing fancy) when you get home.  That's what FI and I were thinking about doing, thankfully we didn't have to do the backyard BBQ (we were just going to do it if his mom made us).  We might do announcements, but I'm not 100% sure if we will.

Anniversary
  • Options
    well, H's company officially won't cover me.  however, I have a few days left to get him off the crappy insurance and onto his company's insurance and to try and get me enrolled in an individual plan.  ACK!
  • Options

@loves2shop4shoes - I want that pizza pot pie right this minute! It's cold here and I'm craving hot comfort food.

@TwoDimes - I am feeling the same sort of impatient. I want to decorate a house immediately please.

@phira - I'll vote again for what PPs said, shoe inserts are amazing (especially if one foot is slightly smaller than the other). In addition to the ones you can get for the heels, there are others for the front that go either under the ball of your foot or just above your toes on the top.

@lavenderfields13 - I get that feeling. FI has a huge family, and they also have a lot of family friends and church friends who are on the guest list. We're at 190 to invite (GAH!) when initially we were hoping for about 150 or smaller. Both sets of parents are very generously contributing to our wedding, so I decided that I wasn't going to fight them on the guest list; it's their money, so they if it's important for them to invite certain people then that's fine. Like @eilis1228 said, there are probably people who won't come; I know we're sending a few "courtesy invites" to people that FMIL says won't come, which is annoying, but frankly not worth fighting about in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Dignity100 we've only booked the venue, DJ & photog and I bought my dress. FI is saying we can't go back now. If we really truly wanted to yes we could- sure we'd lose some deposits but in the long run we'd be saving a crap ton of money. I don't think FI is willing to do that though. So I think we're just going to continue as planned and I'm going to cut as many from my side as I can and for FI's family's "must invites" I'm honestly hoping they won't come like @eilis1228 & @lmcooper86 said. They might come, but I guess at the end of the day we'll be married and everything will be fine.

It's just crazy- everyone tells you wedding planning is crazy and you just don't understand HOW bad until you get there yourself!

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    @phira Shoe inserts can be life savers. Definitely recommend them! Dr. Scholl's has some really good ones.

@lavenderfields13 Ah, wedding politics are the worst. I'm definitely in a similar situation. *hugs* There's a chance that the relatives you aren't very close to won't come though, so try not to stress out over it too much. Plus you'll be so busy that day you won't have time to interact with them much anyway. 

@GoldenPenguin it's the sugar withdrawals that get me. Well, that and the meal prepping. My FI eats like a teenager (fast food, lots of starch, sodas, etc), and he doesn't gain a pound... so he doesn't participate in the dieting. Prepping those kind of meals for 1 person overwhelmed me, especially since I'd have to make an entirely different meal for him (he doesn't like most veggies). Your will power and determination are amazing, especially this time of year. I'm so glad paleo is working for you and your FI! Can't wait to hear about your results at the end of your 24 days. Do you think you'll continue with the diet afterwards?
    This is where I'm lucky - FI eats really healthy already. In fact, I probably made him eat worse, because I really enjoy my treats - ice cream, cookies, etc. So for him to make just a slight change in the meal planning department isn't really that big of a deal for him. 

The sugar withdrawal the first couple of days was TOUGH, I can't lie. But I'm feeling really good now - and the pants I'm wearing today have some serious butt-sag going on, so I'm seeing/feeling the results!! :) 

After the initial 24 days are over, I'm going to have a GIANT pumpkin coffee with cream from Dunkin, and then I'll probably stick with a mostly Paleo diet. It just makes SENSE. 

Also, I am determined that I'm not going to look like a beluga in my wedding dress, so that's some pretty good motivation :)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - they are also saying they aren't going to cover my PMP class, so I am doubly sad about that.  at least it's already paid for and I can just make it up. 
  • Options
    @Dignity100 we've only booked the venue, DJ & photog and I bought my dress. FI is saying we can't go back now. If we really truly wanted to yes we could- sure we'd lose some deposits but in the long run we'd be saving a crap ton of money. I don't think FI is willing to do that though. So I think we're just going to continue as planned and I'm going to cut as many from my side as I can and for FI's family's "must invites" I'm honestly hoping they won't come like @eilis1228 & @lmcooper86 said. They might come, but I guess at the end of the day we'll be married and everything will be fine.

It's just crazy- everyone tells you wedding planning is crazy and you just don't understand HOW bad until you get there yourself!
    PREACH!

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin You are definitely lucky to have an FI who already eats healthy. It makes the whole process so much easier. I told my FI he has carte blanche to eat whatever he wants for now, but the day he turns 30 he's going to start eating healthier and going to gym at least twice a week. I told him I'm investing in a future with him, and I'd prefer it didn't involve clogged arteries and early death. I seriously commend you on your will power and determination to get through the sugar withdrawal and drive past all the tempting foods. You rock! And you already look fabulous in your dress, btw. :) 

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    @GoldenPenguin You are definitely lucky to have an FI who already eats healthy. It makes the whole process so much easier. I told my FI he has carte blanche to eat whatever he wants for now, but the day he turns 30 he's going to start eating healthier and going to gym at least twice a week. I told him I'm investing in a future with him, and I'd prefer it didn't involve clogged arteries and early death. I seriously commend you on your will power and determination to get through the sugar withdrawal and drive past all the tempting foods. You rock! And you already look fabulous in your dress, btw. :) 
    D'awwww, thank you :)

• Options

Is it weird that I haven't had any "OMG I'm going crazy" moments yet? 

• Options

I haven't really felt that way until lately because I've been obsessing over RSVPs. Otherwise wedding planning has been mostly fun, sometimes irritating, and sometimes a little bit dramatic...but never OMG I'M LOSING MY MIND. So, no, you aren't weird. Or we're both weird! ;)

• Options

I just always feel I'm forgetting stuff and I want everything planned/paid for/received NOW!!!  That's where my stress is coming from - just 'I have to do this and this and this and this...' and then trying to think 'what am I forgetting'.  In reality, all I need is me, groom, officiant, wedding license (and cake and maybe a little alcohol too - you know to 'calm the nerves').

Anniversary
  • Options

I haven't really felt that way until lately because I've been obsessing over RSVPs. Otherwise wedding planning has been mostly fun, sometimes irritating, and sometimes a little bit dramatic...but never OMG I'M LOSING MY MIND. So, no, you aren't weird. Or we're both weird! ;)

I haven't felt like I'm going crazy yet, with the exception of one conversation with my mother. She refused to believe that I was actually okay with the size of our guest list, no matter how many times I said that I really truly didn't care that it's bigger than I would ideally like. I was actually hitting my head against the head rest in the car by the end of it, trying to give myself a lobotomy. Not my finest moment. But all good outside of that!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks, ladies! I will definitely look into inserts. I'm thinking that if I can get something in the toe box (besides tissues) and then get something to grip my heels, I'm all set.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

I haven't felt like I'm going crazy yet, with the exception of one conversation with my mother. She refused to believe that I was actually okay with the size of our guest list, no matter how many times I said that I really truly didn't care that it's bigger than I would ideally like. I was actually hitting my head against the head rest in the car by the end of it, trying to give myself a lobotomy. Not my finest moment. But all good outside of that!!
    I've had a cousin threaten to call me out publicly on FB if I didn't invite all of my cousins on that side of the family. I was also told by one of my brothers that I would deeply offend my dad's side of the family if I didn't invite all of them but invited everyone from my step-dad's side since they "aren't my real relatives." Typing this out made me realize that all of my panic attacks have revolved around my dad's side of the family... interesting. 

Other than that though, everything else has been great. The little bit of planning I've done has gone very smoothly, and a lot of people have offered help/hook ups/tips. 

• Options
    Sounds like a lot of great weekends! Glad your bachelorette party was fun, @LaPeanut1018!

I had a relaxing weekend and it was awesome. I finished another baby afghan which I might eventually photograph and put up here. Not having a high-functioning camera phone or digital camera really lowers my motivation. Also my parents brought the old kitchen sink and it will fit perfectly in our counter, so huzzahs! We're going to price out a plumber to put it in and then decide whether or not we want to install it ourselves.
  • Options
    I have a case of the Mondays. Traffic was so bad that my 14-mile commute took 2 HOURS. I'm ready to collapse and wait for Tuesday.

@KeptInStitches yay for the kitchen sink fitting! I hope the install is easy and worry free!

• Options
    I'm super late to the Monday game...it's not even Monday anymore on the East Coast.  Luckily I live in Central.

@Lapeanut1018--You had a T-REX at your bachelorette party?!?!  Win.  Epic win.

This weekend was eh.  I had a bad headache all day Saturday, so I basically stayed in bed pretty much the whole day.  Sunday was church, then laundry, errands, etc.  I did get to go get fitted for my costume for the Nutcracker--I'm so freaking excited I can hardly stand it.  I've wanted to be in that ballet since I was about 5, and now I'm finally going to get to.

Today was...good and bad.

The good: My Mom had to have an endometrial biopsy last week--she got the test results today, and there's no sign of cancer!  This is awesome, because I love my Mommy, and cancer sucks.

The bad:  Mr. Historian is deploying again.  We knew this was likely coming, but we got official notice today.  He leaves in 2 weeks, and chances are they'll keep him in training until the very last minute and I won't be able to see him before he leaves.  I'm trying to stay positive, but...this is his second deployment in 14 months.  He came home in May, and it just hasn't been long enough!  All of our wedding plans/the timeline we talked about are now completely up in the air.  And I don't know that I'm emotionally ready to send him off again.  (Not that I have a choice--I'll put my big girl pants on and deal with it.)

So exhausted...officially saying "goodbye" to Monday feels pretty good this week!
  • Options
    I'm also late to the Monday thread and you can disregard me but there is just one thing I must ask:

@goldenpenguin won't you start a progress thread? :)  i love hearing people's success stories.. in fact since we do the accountability thread, does anyone want to share their progress on work outs/weight loss or just healthy life goals they've achieved?  I am always motivated by other's success!

Also, @futuremrshistorian i'm sorry to hear your love is leaving :( I whine about a weekend away from mine and I don't stop to think how lucky I am that's all it is.

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian - Sorry to hear that he has to deploy again :( Even knowing that it's coming can't make that easier. Does he know how long he'll be gone this time?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    futuremrshistorian I can't even imagine how you're feeling.  Enjoy every minute of the next two weeks with him!
  • Options

SITB

I think everyone has different experiences with it and different things that stress them out. For me it's inviting people who I don't want there but have to invite. I'm probably making it a way bigger issue than it really is..I have a tendency to over worry! I'm a worrier, just my personality. I'm in a little bit of a better mood since I met with a florist yesterday and I think I'm getting a good price on that and the officiant that I really really wanted emailed me back and wants to officiate for us. 

It's great that you're not freaking out about anything! Enjoy it!

• Options
    @BreMR, @Imcooper86, and @speakeasy14--Thanks!  No clue how long he'll be gone, or even exactly where he's going.  I can guess where--he's a Middle East guy, so the options are fairly obvious.  It'll all be okay, but the first time we get the news is always hard.

I never, ever imagined myself as begin the equivalent of a military partner (he's technically civilian, but gets attached to various units).  Just goes to prove that when the relationship is right, you'll make the sacrifices you have to make, because you can't imagine your life any other way.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards