Snarky Brides
Options

On a scale of 1-10.....

2»

Re: On a scale of 1-10.....

• Options
    I wouldn't do it myself, but...wow.
  • Options
    Oh if it's just a projector... I'm completely unimpressed.

• Options
    jacques27 said:
    According to this article, Chelsea Clinton's (gluten-free) wedding cake was between $10-12,000.  And Kim Kardashian's cake (from her second marriage - the 72 day sham one) was $20,000.

http://mylushwedding.com/article/baking-connoisseurs

I personally think the OP cake is tacky looking.  Cakewrecks did a post about it (and a few other similar cakes) for the Sunday Sweets feature last week and I have to admit the Donkey Kong one actually makes me a little giddy though.

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2014/10/5/sunday-sweets-projections-of-the-future.html

OMG THOSE ZOETROPE CAKES ARE AMAZING.

Anniversary
  • Options

Oh if it's just a projector... I'm completely unimpressed.

It's not *just* a projector. It's a lot of detailed mapping that takes time and skill.
  • Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Can we talk about light/live projection mapping? Because it is fucking COOL and I have a relevant video!

SCINTILLATION from Xavier Chassaing on Vimeo.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I thought this was just a cake the Disney wedding expo set up for show. Still pretty cool that it's attainable for those who want it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Nope.  Its not my taste.  But I respect the technology. 
    However.  A plain, white cake is boring to me.  Which is what that is. With a projector. 
    No thanks. 

Also.  Someone posted that on my FB page as well and I wanted to smack her. Because of course my tech geek FI thought it was cool. 
  • Options
    However.  A plain, white cake is boring to me.  Which is what that is. With a projector. 
    No thanks. 

Also.  Someone posted that on my FB page as well and I wanted to smack her. Because of course my tech geek FI thought it was cool. 
    Of all the things to get slappy over. Why would that bother you so much?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    beethery said:

No thanks. 

Of all the things to get slappy over. Why would that bother you so much?

This. Wow, how dare someone post something on your Facebook wall. Lighten up and relax. It's a fucking awesome/cheesy cake.

• Options
    It annoyed me, that's why.  This is the snark board, no?
  • Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    It annoyed me, that's why.  This is the snark board, no?
    It sure is, welcome!

I snarked on that you felt yourself getting slappy over something as asinine as someone putting a link to something on your facebook.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yup, in that moment I did.  Because I HATE that cake and if the girl put any thought into it she would have realized that its not my style AT ALL. Its her style.  Post it on your own damn wall, not mine, thanks. 

And of course FI thought it was cool.  So it irritated me even more that she brought it to his attention. 

Whatevs. Its not me. The tech is cool though. It doesn't scream FI's name either, even though he likes tech stuff. 
  • Options
    Damn if you get that heated over a cake you dislike, I'd hate to see someone really do something of annoyance to you.

• Options
    That reminds me, I wonder how many girls will want to deck this cake in burlap and lace. Or chevron!

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

hellohkb said:

That reminds me, I wonder how many girls will want to deck this cake in burlap and lace. Or chevron!

A chevron pattern that moves. Hypnotize your guests into thinking this is the best wedding ever!

Or moving mason jars! Complete with a rhyming poem!

The options are endless. I wonder how long it would take to explode if I put that idea on Pinterest.

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    hellohkb said:
    A chevron pattern that moves. Hypnotize your guests into thinking this is the best wedding ever!
    That might backfire.  People might puke.  Don't want people mopping up puke with burlap table runners.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    hellohkb said:
    That might backfire.  People might puke.  Don't want people mopping up puke with burlap table runners.
    That is the best possible use for a burlap table runner, actually.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards