Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Confessions

I'm feeling a little guilty about this afternoon...confession is good for the soul, right?

I'm having a glass of wine while grading papers.  At 3:30 in the afternoon.

I'm going to totally ignore my diet this evening and get Long John Silver's for dinner because I am seriously craving fried EVERYTHING.

I'm more excited about seeing my nephew tomorrow than I am about seeing my sister.

I'm meeting with a priest next week to begin talking about converting to Catholicism.  I'm scared to tell anybody in my family because I'm afraid they won't support me in this decision.

Anybody else have things to confess?  Am I alone in my slight-guilt feeling today?

Re: Thursday Confessions

• Options
    I've got an irrational irritation at myself if that's okay here:

Today was flu shot day. I don't like needles. Shots hurt. So was I smart and relaxed before they shot me up? Hell no! I tensed against the shot again because I learn nothing year to year. Now my arm hurts.
  • Options
    Confession: if I drank wine at 3:30 in the afternoon I would be fired ;)

Confession: @southernpeach89‌ is simultaneously making me want a kid tomorrow and want to wait about 15 years

Confession: I had it so damn easy in life with parents that cared. So many of my students don't

Irrational irritation: it bugs me I have to call the parents every time I write a referral for ridiculous behavior. I want to tell you your kid is doing awesome but really he is sleeping every day in class and never turns anything in.

Confession: I haven't been to the dentist since last December :/ I'm going on Veterans Day assuming some dentists are open then? Or maybe just after school one day. This is ridiculous.

Irrational irritation: when I was a kid I only had to go to a pediatrician. Why so I need a primary care provider, a gyn, a derm, an infectious disease doc, and a general surgeon (who is legit on call if I need more butt surgery?) now that I'm an adult? Why can't my primary doc just do everything BUT the surgery? And why do we only have boob/face plastic surgeons around here? My surgeon is awesome but the scarring is horrendous lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian‌ you can have my Catholicism place if you want it. I'm not even close to Catholic anymore.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

I confess I want pizza for dinner tonight, it will be homemade but still cheese is not good for me...

I confess I was looking at my sister's registry for my niece and started looking at baby stuff.  It's pretty overwhelming.

I confess I'm not really sure I want to go to my friend's Halloween party next weekend.  It looks like nobody we know is actually going.  Our friendhosting the party had his girlfriend invite some of her friends and they seem to be the only ones attending.  Getting older sucks.

Anniversary

• Options

@Blue & White hello!!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Blue&White - Bwahaahaha.  I'm a 2-school adjunct, so I work at home 99% of the time.  One of the only benefits of not having an office.

I love irrational irritations.  I can't think of any that I have at this exact moment, but I love them.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian I'm blowing my diet too. On Tootsie Rolls. No shame! Also, what made you decide to convert to Catholicism? 

@KeptinStitches UGH I hate when that happens. I hope your arm isn't too bruised up :(

@Blue&White I went three years without a dentist visit and really regret it. So much work needs to be done. :( I hope your visit goes much smoother than mine! Also, I totally agree about needing a million different doctors. They're all expensive, many have overlapping specialties, and it eats up a ton of time having to go see so many different people. Adulting is a pain in the butt.

Confession: I'm eating a bunch of Tootsie Rolls right now. I should really really really care about my diet and exercise, buuuuuut Tootsie Rolls sound more appealing. 

Confession: It really bothers me that FI is not being proactive about his career. He's a contract worker, and he just found out the company that's contracting him is firing all long-term contractors at the end of their contracts. FI's is up in February, and he hasn't even talked to either of his bosses yet or pulled out his resume to polish it. Ack!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian - My little sister converted to Mormonism and didn't tell anyone. We were actually quite hurt. I hope you'll take them through the process with you, and if they seem disapproving then feel free to stop there.

@Blue & White - OMG, I think it's been almost 2 years since I've been to the dentist. Ewwww!!! What is wrong with me? Well, I remember I had a regular dentist right after I moved here. Then I got my own insurance and my regular dentist didn't accept it, so I cancelled my next appointment and then just never found a new dentist. Confession!

Confession: I just bought my friend broadway tickets for her birthday. I got two tickets for two different shows because I know she wanted to see them both. I kind of wish I had just gotten her one as a present because these things are fucking expensive. I kind of hope she offers to pay for one, haha.

Confession: I didn't feel embarassed at all buying a pregnancy test today. I guess I just felt like I looked put together enough, and in a good enough place that I could provide for a kid and possibly planned it. Felt good. As opposed to when I buy condoms and feel embarassed because maybe the cashier thinks I'm slutty or something.

• Options
    Confession: It really stresses me out that BF won't make a decision between a PhD program and Med school. He has plenty of time to make the decision but I'm a planner and I like to know where things are headed. I don't care which he decides, I just want him to decide!

Confession: A friend of mine wants BF and I to go to the zombie crawl on Saturday night. It sounds fun and I haven't seen her in forever but I'm not committing because going out feels like so much work. I like being lazy and staying at home.

Confession: I'll add a diet/exercise confession too. My personal trainer had to cancel our session today because she's sick. I know I should go in any way but I'm not going to. I hate the gym. I don't get a high from it like some people.

@Blue&White and @Eilis1228 - I haven't been to the dentist in way too long. I know I should go in but I need to find a new one and it's such a pain to find a dentist that I like. I'm very stiff and some dental assistants are jerks about it. I'm not afraid of the dentist I just don't like being touched by people so I tense up automatically and it takes a conscious effort for me to relax. I need someone who is understanding of that but it's hard to find. 

Also, I only have a midwife I see for my annual gynecological exam...should I have more doctors than that?

• Options
    @ellis1228 - Mr. H is Catholic, and so I've been exploring the church since we started dating.  It just feels like the right time to start to pursue it more seriously.  I was raised Presbyterian, and so in some ways it's not a huge jump...and in other ways it is.  I'm really active in the church I attend now (which is the same church I grew up in...my family's gone there for over 20 years), but I'm just sort of feeling pulled in another direction.

@AlPacina - I'm probably overreacting when I say my family won't approve...they're great, and I actually (when I'm being rational) don't think they'll have an actual problem with anything I do as long as I remain Christian.  I'll definitely tell them...they've known it's a possibility since Mr. H and I started dating.

Am I the only person who actually likes going to the dentist?  I go every 6 months!  I've seen the same dentist since I was 5, and I went to school with her kids...when he was 6, her son told her that I was the girl he was going to marry.  (He's actually gay, so now we have a good giggle about that every time I see her.)  And my dental hygienist magically knows everything about my family even though she only sees me every 6 months!
  • Options
    Confession: One of the reasons I'm looking forward to getting married is I will be on FI's insurance. I haven't done any preventative care in far too long. I want to go to a family practice doctor, a gynecologist, a dentist, a dermatologist (there's a mole on my back that's growing very slowly, but I want it biopsied) ... it's going to be so good to do Stitches maintenance.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - I actually always enjoyed going to the dentist when I had a good one, I just find finding a good one difficult. I don't tense because I hate the dentist I tense whenever anyone but BF, very close friends, or family touches me.

• Options

@futuremrshistorian and @eilis1228, if it makes you both feel any better, I ate a brick-sized piece of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for lunch today. That was it. And I'm not calling this a confession because I would do it again! Damn that cake was good.

I will confess that I haven't been exercising regularly and need to. Today was the first time in maybe 3 weeks and it felt awesome! Must remember that feeling!

Confession: When I paint my own nails, it looks like the leftovers of a four-year-old's finger painting. And I may or may not have accidentally dropped the brush on the couch while painting with my non-dominant hand....Oops...

• Options

Confession: I haven't been to the dentist in a couple years. I didn't have benefits and then when I was made permanent last year I found out just how expensive our benefits plan is, and I can't afford that paycut at the moment. When FI and I get married I'll be added onto his, which sounds like it's frikken awesome

II: I was raised Presbyterian (what up @futuremrshistorian) but have been going to FI's Pentecostal church for the last 8 - 9 months. I love it and find it SO much more enjoyable than my old drier-than-dust church (although there are times when I'm like "Ooooh yeah, you guys are a bit more fundamentalist than I'm used to..."). And yet my dad is all concerned that they're going to make me join their church and be a stay-at-home mom (where did you get that from? For real?). Seriously? FI isn't even a member and he's been going there for like 15 years, they seriously do not care if I join the church or not. And frankly, even if I do it's not like I'm completely abandoning Christianity! Calm the eff down, it's fine. ANDPLUSALSO I'm a big girl and can chose my own church thanks.

Confession: I worked late tonight to try and catch up on some stuff. So did a co-worker that I don't like. I'm purposely waiting to leave work so I don't have to take the subway with her.

Confession: I haven't been to the gym in...long enough that I can't remember. Despite my lucky metabolism I feel very blah and need to get back to it.

II/Guilty Confession: I am annoyed that FI isn't making any changes to take better care of himself. He said he would start working out at the end of the summer, has full access to the gym in his parents house, downloaded a P90X series, the whole shebang. And he has done NOTHING. My love, you have 6 1/2 months to fit into a suit that we already bought you...specifically bought that size to encourage you to lose some weight...WHICH YOU WANTED!!! Stop dicking around and start exercising and eating better. You want to lose weight, you will feel so much better if you lose some weight, and you will actually fit in your suit for the wedding if you lose some weight. How to do I make this clear to you without sounding like a horrible unsupportive bitch?

Sorry ladies, I am feeling sort of ranty today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Am I the only person who actually likes going to the dentist?  I go every 6 months!  I've seen the same dentist since I was 5, and I went to school with her kids...when he was 6, her son told her that I was the girl he was going to marry.  (He's actually gay, so now we have a good giggle about that every time I see her.)  And my dental hygienist magically knows everything about my family even though she only sees me every 6 months!

I had one of these my whole life! Even when I went to college, I would just schedule my appointments to be during summer/winter breaks. Everyone in the office always remembered everything about me. It made me feel so comfortable and cared for! For goodness sake, my original dental assistant used to recite Dr. Seuss books to me from memory while she was cleaning my tiny teeth.

THAT is why I hate the dentist now. Because none of them have HER.

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian, I love going to the dentist! I haaaated my childhood dentist (too many horrific orthodontic experiences), but I love the one I go to now. It's like a spa for your teeth!
  • Options
    @CLoGreenEyes - I just told BF I'm bring meatballs to his friend's house tonight. We're going over to watch football. Will one batch be enough for two BIG eaters and two smaller eaters? Assuming there is also other food like pizza or something. Just based on your reaction I feel like we'll need a lot, haha.

• Options
    @AlPacina, I made about 40 balls, and the three of us were super hungry. We have gone through most but not all of them. If you have other food, I would think that would probably be enough. We're eating them over egg noodles. Hope you like them!
  • Options
    For the record: I've only ever missed two 6 month dentist appts lol. So for me to go almost 10 months is insane :) I'm waiting for my new dental insurance cards to come in but then I'll be all make my teeth awesome Kthx. I love the dentist. But I get cavities filled with no novacaine cause...needles.

Also I made chicken tacos for dinner and H is out fixing some pipe in the yard and I want to eat them all before he comes inside...I won't but I want to lol
  • Options
    Totally Rational Irritation: My student who gave the very offensive speech I talked about before just sent me an e-mail saying he didn't understand his grade. You offended everyone in the class to the point where someone walked out during your speech, you stated opinion as if it was fact, your sources came primarily one very biased website, and I had to have a private meeting with you to discuss your offensive comments. What the hell where you expecting?!

• Options
    I missed this thread yesterday :-(

Confession: I really want to be a SAHM for a few years, and hope that FI starts making enough money so that it can happen. 

Confession: I really want to go to happy hour with my (male) ex-coworker WITHOUT ex-cw's wife or my FI. We don't have much in common with each other's partners, and would have a lot more fun catching  up without having to include them in the conversation. I worry that it would seem inappropriate if I suggested it though, so I won't, and we'll probably continue to drift apart as friends, which kinda blows because he used to be a close one.

Confession: I weigh myself at least once a day. 

Confession: My bff/MOH has been stressing me out lately when it comes to figuring out where we'll all get our hair/makeup done for the wedding. I just do NOT want to spent $300-$400 on it all, especially since I don't even want an updo. I also don't want it to be too expensive for anyone else who wants to get stuff done. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 if you have any friends who are stylists ask them how much they would charge to come to you.  Or if you have a stylist you always go to, ask how much he/she would charge to do a home visit.  I did this for my sister's wedding, and the prices I got varied from $50-100 for hair and $10-50 for makeup(we went with the girl who said she would do hair for $50, and just did our own makeup).  

Confession: I almost bought myself flowers just because I wanted to make myself feel special at work.

Confession: I have not been doing my foot exercises as much as I should.  I have been walking a lot, which is causing my foot to swell, so I just don't have any desire to do anything by the end of the day or when I wake up.
  • Options
    I missed this yesterday too, so I'm going to play today.

Irrational Irritation: I cannot stand when it's barely misting and people have their windshield wipers on super fast. It has literally NO affect on my life whatsoever, but it makes me SO MAD.

Confession: You people don't want to know how long it's been since I've been to the dentist. If you think 10 months is a long time, you would be absolutely APPALLED.

Confession: I have totally fallen off the workout wagon. I've been eating fairly healthy, but not nearly as well as I was a few weeks ago. I'm mad at myself, because I was really starting to feel good, and now I'm almost back to square one. 

Confession: I'm really excited to send out our save the dates. It makes it so much more real. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Friday Confession: Still eating Tootsie Rolls, despite my stomach hating me last night. There aren't as many left today,which is a plus I guess. I'm going to have to do a 90-minute workout later today after it all digests and probably add an extra set to all of my weight lifting exercises. I haz problems.

• Options

@GoldenPenguin - Your II totally cracks me up! That is quite irrational, but hey, I feel for you, haha!

I'm going to add a Rational Irritation. To some this may seem irrational, so I think it counts.
    RI: Yesterday at work a group e-mail was sent, speaking for multiple people. It didn't apply to me, and I wanted everyone to know, so I pressed Reply All, so as not to be bugged about it later. One other woman also wasn't involved, so she pressed Reply All and let us know. To which the admin's response is a REPLY ALL message telling us NOT to use Reply All because we're filling up peoples' mailboxes with useless messages hypocriticalomgwtfjeebusladyugh.

• Options
    @hummingbird125 - I have periods where I weigh myself at least once a day as well or least every other day.

@Goldenpenguin - I feel the same way about the daily threads.

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 I did that for a loooong time too. FI finally had to hide the scale from me. 

• Options

@eilis1228 - I fully ate chips and dip when I got home last night (late, after staying at work) and then did not want dinner. So my dinner was effectively chips and dip. Whoops.

@GoldenPenguin - I always feel guilty if I respond to some people and not others. Also, I always worry that someone will judge the speed of my windshield wipers; I hate when the heaviness of the rainfall is too much for one speed but not enough for the next speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards