Chit Chat
Options

What is your morning routine?

Re: What is your morning routine?

• Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I'm In bed at around 11:30 ish but I don't sleep until 12:30 or 1 because the book I'm reading ends up being addicting. Because I work at my university there are two days a week where I leave work/ school at 6. Then Fridays I leave at 5. On Tuesday and Thursday I just have classes so normally I get out of class at 4:30, if I go to the gym after that, then I'm normally leave at around 5:30 and get home at 6:30

What time do you guys leave work and go to bed at night?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    bubblegum1309 It's interesting. I break a lot of those rules, but I have found now that I no longer hit the snooze button my body is much more trained to wake up. I will even wake up at my normal time on the weekends. Luckily I can always get back to sleep, but I've never had that before.
  • Options
    Um is that asshole in the infographic making the bed AND doing a painting BEFORE work? Fuck that noise.

Yes, I am a grown-up who doesn't make the bed, much to H's chagrin.

• Options
    Um is that asshole in the infographic making the bed AND doing a painting BEFORE work? Fuck that noise.

Haha it drives my FI nuts that I refuse to make the bed.  You can always tell who leaves for work earlier that day based on whether or not the bed is made when we get home at night

• Options

Haha it drives my FI nuts that I refuse to make the bed.  You can always tell who leaves for work earlier that day based on whether or not the bed is made when we get home at night
    Whoa... people actually make the bed?!?

The only time our bed gets made is when I'm changing sheets.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Hahaha this what my thought, too.  Who actually makes their bed in the morning?  Aint nobody got time for that
  • Options
    ssautter said:

Hahaha this what my thought, too.  Who actually makes their bed in the morning?  Aint nobody got time for that
    By "making the bed" I mean putting the blanket on nicely and re-stacking our 4 sleeping pillows haha.  We don't have like fancy pillows or a ton of sheets or anything like that.  I just can't be bothered.  He loves it though

• Options
    We like to pull the sheet and comforter up so they are straight over the pillows. We don't tuck things in or anything like that but we like it pulled straight. Takes 4 seconds. My brothers bed is always a disaster with blankets in piles and laundry on the end. I take one look and want so badly to straighten it up lol

• Options
    My night/morning schedule was out of whack while I was going to school and it was difficult to get back on track. I'm almost there! FI laughs at how excited I am about this.

My night/morning routine:

9:30p-  Wash face, brush teeth and moisturize
    9:45p- lie down, read a book or random internet browsing on phone
    10p- lights out
    5:15a- Alarm goes off. Hit snooze but stay awake in bed. (sometimes not)
    5:20- 2nd alarm- actually get up. Fix my side of bed. Use potty, shower, wash face, brush teeth, get half dressed.
    5:50- Blow dry hair
    6:10- figure out what to wear, fix the rest of the bed
    6:15- do make up and style hair
    6:35- get dressed, jewelry, shoes
    6:40- pack breakfast/lunch, grab coat and purse
    6:50- head to work

I move slow in the morning and like not having to rush. I have a short commute to work which is awesome! I feel for you all who have that dreadful hour-plus commute.

• Options

What time do you guys leave work and go to bed at night?

If I'm working an early shift (which is 3-4 days per week) I get off at 6PM. Getting home take 30-40 minutes and I go to bed at 11.

If I work a mid (11-8) or late shift (12-9). I don't get up until 8:30 so I'll stay up until around 12 to spend more time with my night owl DH.

• Options
    I feel like an over-achiever. I used to have to work scary early (had to be in at 4am!) and so getting up early stuck with me...even though I'm a night owl who can't sleep before 9:30 no matter how tired I am.

4:30am-Alarm goes off, shut if off and go back to sleep.
    4:45am-Second alarm goes off, actually get up, go pee, eat a bannana and brush my teeth.
    5:00am-Gym time
    6:00am-Back from gym, shower so I don't stink at work.
    6:15am-(I'm scary fast in the shower) Turn on Bridezillas (seriously this is my morning TV show), check Facebook, TK, Pinterest. Look at work emails last.
    6:30am-Damn I'm hungry, FI is eating his nasty oatmeal, make some kind of food for myself.
    6:45am-Start hair/make-up routine. I recently cut my hair into a long-ish pixie (or short-ish bob) so it's super quick and easy to do. My make-up is fairly simple too cause I'm not make-up smart.
    7:05am-Throw on clothes I picked out the night before, grab my lunch if I packed it (otherwise I eat out), find my keys and shoes and walk out the door.

I don't have a specified work schedule. As long as I'm there for meetings and reachable during business hours, I don't even really have to come in. Some days I work from home. But I like to show up around 7:30 which is when I usually get there. FI has to be to work by 8am, and he works just down the street from me, so we often carpool which is awesome. Cause if he drives I can nap in the car, and no really I have totally napped on the way to work. Plus if I know he's driving home, I'll go to the bar right by my work at like 4:00 for their happy hour.

The only way I can pull off getting shit done in the mornings is by doing shit at night. Like, this might sound crazy, but I plan out all my outfits for the week on Sunday night. Well actually I plan out my outfits for the entire month at the start of the month. I know, I'm crazy. I'll lay out everything I have for work clothes and then make outfits and take pictures, then I print out the pictures and put them on a bulletin board for the month. So each week I look at my outfit board and then put together that weeks outfits. And I mean with accessories and everything. I have some hooks in my closet and the night before I lay the outfit, with shoes, on the hooks. Even the underwear (there's a small stool for anything that doesn't go on hooks). I've got FI doing it now too.

Now if only I could figure out how to apply that to meal planning. I can't meal plant to save my fucking life.
  • Options

Me neither. I have a sneaking suspicion our guest room beds look identical as well. Although the contents of the guest room bed are now all over the floor because I was in a panic yesterday morning trying to find a specific pair of shoes, some paperwork, and anything clean and reasonably cute to wear to my appointment. All of which were somewhere on the guest bed. The good news is I found about 4 other things I was missing during this raid.

I think we might be twin souls. I am also the boss. I wake up when I wake up, no alarm unless I have a morning appointment. Always after wrapping a blanket around my head in an attempt to block out the light so I can fall back asleep. If I can't, I lay there like a starfish lump trying for an extended period of time.
  • Options

I don't make the bed either, unless it's clean sheets day. When FI and I first started dating, he would stay at my house through the week and always wake up way after I went to work. I'd come home at lunch every day to find the bed made until I sat him down one day and explained that I'm sure he can use that 5 minutes in a more stimulating way, and the cats like the bed all messed up, so who are we to deny them such a simple pleasure? 

I will never understand why people insist on making beds when you're just going to get back in it in like 15 hours. 
  • Options
    I feel like an over-achiever. I used to have to work scary early (had to be in at 4am!) and so getting up early stuck with me...even though I'm a night owl who can't sleep before 9:30 no matter how tired I am.

4:45am-Second alarm goes off, actually get up, go pee, eat a bannana and brush my teeth.
    6:15am-(I'm scary fast in the shower) Turn on Bridezillas (seriously this is my morning TV show), check Facebook, TK, Pinterest. Look at work emails last.
    6:30am-Damn I'm hungry, FI is eating his nasty oatmeal, make some kind of food for myself.
    6:45am-Start hair/make-up routine. I recently cut my hair into a long-ish pixie (or short-ish bob) so it's super quick and easy to do. My make-up is fairly simple too cause I'm not make-up smart.
    7:05am-Throw on clothes I picked out the night before, grab my lunch if I packed it (otherwise I eat out), find my keys and shoes and walk out the door.

I don't have a specified work schedule. As long as I'm there for meetings and reachable during business hours, I don't even really have to come in. Some days I work from home. But I like to show up around 7:30 which is when I usually get there. FI has to be to work by 8am, and he works just down the street from me, so we often carpool which is awesome. Cause if he drives I can nap in the car, and no really I have totally napped on the way to work. Plus if I know he's driving home, I'll go to the bar right by my work at like 4:00 for their happy hour.

The only way I can pull off getting shit done in the mornings is by doing shit at night. Like, this might sound crazy, but I plan out all my outfits for the week on Sunday night. Well actually I plan out my outfits for the entire month at the start of the month. I know, I'm crazy. I'll lay out everything I have for work clothes and then make outfits and take pictures, then I print out the pictures and put them on a bulletin board for the month. So each week I look at my outfit board and then put together that weeks outfits. And I mean with accessories and everything. I have some hooks in my closet and the night before I lay the outfit, with shoes, on the hooks. Even the underwear (there's a small stool for anything that doesn't go on hooks). I've got FI doing it now too.

Now if only I could figure out how to apply that to meal planning. I can't meal plant to save my fucking life.
    Please come inspire me in your ways. I love this! But I don't think I'd ever do it on my own.
  • Options
    lc07 said:

Please come inspire me in your ways. I love this! But I don't think I'd ever do it on my own.
    I started doing it weekly in college when I realized I wore yoga pants (the same yoga pants) to class three days in a row because mornings were too hard. And by mornings I mean hangovers.

I don't remember why I started doing it monthly. I think I just wanted to try it once and it stuck. Plus it means I only have to really think about my outfits once a month. 
  • Options
    Did you guys know that if you spend 5 minutes a day making your bed from the time you're, say,10, to the time you're 75, you will have spent like 82ish days just making your bed? 

This info brought to you by the anti-bed-making coalition. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Did you guys know that if you spend 5 minutes a day making your bed from the time you're, say,10, to the time you're 75, you will have spent like 82ish days just making your bed? 

Remember "Along came Polly" where Ben Stiller goes nuts stabbing his throw pillows because they are a waste of time?! hahahah

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    esstee33 said:

Remember "Along came Polly" where Ben Stiller goes nuts stabbing his throw pillows because they are a waste of time?! hahahah
    YES. I loved that part. I feel similarly about throw pillows -- the only ones I have came with my couch or were given to me by well-meaning people. They're all going to Goodwill when I move in a couple months. 
  • Options
    DF just tosses the blanket more or less over the bed. It's certainly not ordered or neat. It just keeps the cat and dogs off the bottom sheet.

Morning run isn't really a workout to me. We go 6-8 miles, it's nothing too hilly, I'm not carrying weight. It's a lazy run. *ducks thrown objects*

After work, I've got kick boxing, jiu jitsu, and/or roller derby. On non work days, I have been disgustingly obnoxious and spent the day at my dojo. *ducks more thrown objects*

My butt may be big, but it's better than Kim Kartrashian's and my workout habits mean I can eat like a pig and not gain weight.
  • Options
    lc07 said:

I started doing it weekly in college when I realized I wore yoga pants (the same yoga pants) to class three days in a row because mornings were too hard. And by mornings I mean hangovers.

I don't remember why I started doing it monthly. I think I just wanted to try it once and it stuck. Plus it means I only have to really think about my outfits once a month. 
    I think this might be genius. Also because I sometimes can't remember what I wore last week. Or yesterday. I usually use the laundry basket method - I wear something, take it off and put it in the basket (so it can get hung up later). If I want to wear something and I have to dig it out of the basket, it's too soon. But your way sounds neater.
  • Options
    penguin44 said:
    DF just tosses the blanket more or less over the bed. It's certainly not ordered or neat. It just keeps the cat and dogs off the bottom sheet. Morning run isn't really a workout to me. We go 6-8 miles, it's nothing too hilly, I'm not carrying weight. It's a lazy run. *ducks thrown objects* After work, I've got kick boxing, jiu jitsu, and/or roller derby. On non work days, I have been disgustingly obnoxious and spent the day at my dojo. *ducks more thrown objects* My butt may be big, but it's better than Kim Kartrashian's and my workout habits mean I can eat like a pig and not gain weight.
    WUT.

Apparently I need a dog to get my fuckin ass in gear!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    penguin44 said:
    DF just tosses the blanket more or less over the bed. It's certainly not ordered or neat. It just keeps the cat and dogs off the bottom sheet. Morning run isn't really a workout to me. We go 6-8 miles, it's nothing too hilly, I'm not carrying weight. It's a lazy run. *ducks thrown objects* After work, I've got kick boxing, jiu jitsu, and/or roller derby. On non work days, I have been disgustingly obnoxious and spent the day at my dojo. *ducks more thrown objects* My butt may be big, but it's better than Kim Kartrashian's and my workout habits mean I can eat like a pig and not gain weight.
    WUT.

I have two dogs. That does not motivate me to go on runs every morning.
    Anniversary

• Options
    penguin44 said:

WUT.

It's not long, it's not a 5-6 minute mile, it's fairly flat. It's not hard. But I admit to being crazy and I LIKE running marathons. I've done triathlons. I went to college on a distance running scholarship.
  • Options
    6:30 - drag my ass out of bed and into the bathroom for a shower (H is typically gone by the time I get out of the shower)
    6:45-7:15 - sit at my vanity and brush out my wet hair, towel it dry, do my makeup and take lots of breaks to smother my dog with kisses
    7:15-7:30 - slowly pick out an outfit and get dressed all while watching the Today show
    7:30-7:45 - walk and feed my pup
    7:45-7:50 - put together breakfast and lunch
    7:50 - give my pup a treat and kiss her goodbye

Lately this schedule has been pushed up by about 15 minutes because getting up when it is still dark as fuck is hard.

• Options

• Options
    penguin44 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    penguin44 said:
    WUT.

This. I've had my dog for five years and never once have I looked at her and thought, "Ya know Edna, we ought to go for a run". 

I consider it a win if I'm able to wake her up and convince her to poop in the morning. She's lazier than I am. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Marathon under 3 hours is hard. 6 miles in an hour is not. Or I have odd standards.
  • Options
    Yes! I work out every morning at the gym, and then usually we go for a jog in the evenings. I work out just so I can eat whatever the fuck I want.
  • Options
    penguin44 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    penguin44 said:
    WUT.

This. I've had my dog for five years and never once have I looked at her and thought, "Ya know Edna, we ought to go for a run". 

I consider it a win if I'm able to wake her up and convince her to poop in the morning. She's lazier than I am. 
    Yeeeeep. Gus would make me carry him if we tried to go for a "run" ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards