Chit Chat
Options

What is your morning routine?

124»

Re: What is your morning routine?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Marathon under 3 hours is hard. 6 miles in an hour is not. Or I have odd standards.
    Yes, you have high standards. That's a ten-minute mile which is a moderate-pace for the average person. Any marathon is hard. It takes discipline and dedication to train for one, regardless of pace. It's great that you are fast and find a 6-8 mile run easy, but don't be all "yeah NBD" when others are impressed and admiring your ability to do so.

ETA missing word
  • Options
    The idiot dogs would destroy the place if they don't burn off that obnoxious doggy energy with a run. One can jump onto the fridge if bored.

You need hyper active dogs.....

But now I'm off to meet up with DF for lunch, then we have to vote, then rehearsal.....
  • Options
    Haha back to learning to take compliments...

You're awesome, PrincessofHavoc. You're also disgusting. In the most loving way possible :)

I wish my mind was like I need to run! Let's go! That must be a fabulous feeling.

image   image   image

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I shower at night and left my hair air dry. I usually will blow dry it just enough to knock off excess water so my head isn't sopping wet and cold. My hair is still wet when I wake up. 

4:00 - FI's alarm goes off and he hits snooze until I finally make him get up at 4:20.
    4:20 - Fi gets up and turns every.single.light on in the house except the one in the bedroom. I cover my face with his pillow and call all three of the dogs into bed to cuddle with me.
    4:40 - I get up and make FI lunch and let the two girls (dogs) outside.
    4:50 - FI leaves for work.
    5:00 - Drink my coffee and watch the news or DVRed shows.
    6:00 - Wash my face and do my makeup
    6:20 - Dry my hair and either braid it, put it in a tight bun, or curl it.
    6:40 - Get dressed
    6:50 - Put leftovers from the night before in travel containers for lunch.
    7:00 - Take the other dog out and then bring him and one of the girls back in a put in their kennel for the day.
    7:10 - Love on the kitty before I leave
    7:15 - Out the door for my one hour commute to be at my office by 8:15 and have it open at 8:30.
    You get up 4 hours before you have to be a work... nope not for me.

• Options

DF just tosses the blanket more or less over the bed. It's certainly not ordered or neat. It just keeps the cat and dogs off the bottom sheet.

Morning run isn't really a workout to me. We go 6-8 miles, it's nothing too hilly, I'm not carrying weight. It's a lazy run. *ducks thrown objects*

After work, I've got kick boxing, jiu jitsu, and/or roller derby. On non work days, I have been disgustingly obnoxious and spent the day at my dojo. *ducks more thrown objects*

My butt may be big, but it's better than Kim Kartrashian's and my workout habits mean I can eat like a pig and not gain weight.

Yes! I work out every morning at the gym, and then usually we go for a jog in the evenings. I work out just so I can eat whatever the fuck I want.

Exactly! Oh, I want a pretzel with extra fake cheese - yes please. Three beers at the game tonight - sure, why not. This is on top of a full dinner.

Now I'm in the hotel room and it sucks because I'm alone. So I just texted DF and told him to get his butt here.
  • Options

What time do you guys leave work and go to bed at night?
    I get to work at 10 and leave work around 6.  It varies though. I'm a reporter, and a couple times a week, I have to cover things in the evening. So I'll leave early at 4 or 5 and then cover an event or meeting or something from 7-8 or 7-9.  I try to go to bed around 11 or so.  Sometimes, I'll wait up until H come home from work around 12-1ish.  He works 4 to midnight.  I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    I shower at night and left my hair air dry. I usually will blow dry it just enough to knock off excess water so my head isn't sopping wet and cold. My hair is still wet when I wake up. 

4:00 - FI's alarm goes off and he hits snooze until I finally make him get up at 4:20.
    4:20 - Fi gets up and turns every.single.light on in the house except the one in the bedroom. I cover my face with his pillow and call all three of the dogs into bed to cuddle with me.
    4:40 - I get up and make FI lunch and let the two girls (dogs) outside.
    4:50 - FI leaves for work.
    5:00 - Drink my coffee and watch the news or DVRed shows.
    6:00 - Wash my face and do my makeup
    6:20 - Dry my hair and either braid it, put it in a tight bun, or curl it.
    6:40 - Get dressed
    6:50 - Put leftovers from the night before in travel containers for lunch.
    7:00 - Take the other dog out and then bring him and one of the girls back in a put in their kennel for the day.
    7:10 - Love on the kitty before I leave
    7:15 - Out the door for my one hour commute to be at my office by 8:15 and have it open at 8:30.
    You get up 4 hours before you have to be a work... nope not for me.
    I didn't realize how crazy it sounded until I typed it out. I do have a one hour commute though. I like to sit a be lazy in the mornings. It doesn't hurt that I'm a morning person naturally though. My idea of sleeping in is to sleep until 7:00 am.

• Options
    I get to work by 8:30 am (usually 8:15 am because I have to open the office) and leave at 5:00 pm. I am home around 6:15 pm and we go to bed at 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm.

• Options
    @emmaaa I'm totally the same as you. I'm a morning person and I wake up naturally at 7 on weekends. I never understood all my friends who can still sleep til 11am. Sure I did it in college when I was hungover but working and been on a schedule for the past 7 years has totally shifted me to a morning person. It's actually pretty sweet to do all the grocery shopping before anyone else gets there lol. And we also go to bed at 9pm like you.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @emmaaa I'm totally the same as you. I'm a morning person and I wake up naturally at 7 on weekends. I never understood all my friends who can still sleep til 11am. Sure I did it in college when I was hungover but working and been on a schedule for the past 7 years has totally shifted me to a morning person. It's actually pretty sweet to do all the grocery shopping before anyone else gets there lol. And we also go to bed at 9pm like you.
    I know! I love going to the grocery store on Saturday mornings, no one is there to get in my way. On the weekends that FI works, he is usually home by 1100 or 1130 and I've already finished running errands and then he helps me clean the house and we're done by 1 pm. Then we have the rest of the day to do what we want!

• Options
    Coffee. Just coffee. If I could hook up an iv of caffeine I would.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards