Chit Chat
Options

FWP

13»

Re: FWP

• Options
    My FWP is that we're moving into a bigger place and I can't decide how to decorate. I can either give the painters the colors I want and have them do it or wait and do it myself. I kind of like painting, but I also have to reupholster our dining room chairs and I worry that I'll never get around to doing all that while wedding planning and dealing with my FI working on the other side of the country.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My FWP is that we're moving into a bigger place and I can't decide how to decorate. I can either give the painters the colors I want and have them do it or wait and do it myself. I kind of like painting, but I also have to reupholster our dining room chairs and I worry that I'll never get around to doing all that while wedding planning and dealing with my FI working on the other side of the country.
    Just use these colors. I have Revere Pewter and Wedgwood Grey in my house and they're fantastic. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/253820128973819207/

• Options
    I don't get to really celebrate Halloween because I have too much homework to do.  Halloween is finally on a Friday!  I thought at this point in my life I'd actually be able to enjoy a weekend holiday.  

• Options
    Just use these colors. I have Revere Pewter and Wedgwood Grey in my house and they're fantastic. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/253820128973819207/

One of my very good friends has these colors in her house as well and it looks amaaaaaazing.
  • Options
    My FWP is that my office goes all-out for Halloween, and I have too many cookies, donuts, and candies on my desk.
    Since I have no self-control, I'll eat all of it, and will feel like crap. 

• Options
    I love my MOH, but she likes to text me 3-5 times every day between 11 and noon.  I'M AT FUCKING WORK.  NO I AM NOT GOING TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR TEXT ABOUT A PACKAGE YOU ORDERED OR YOUR CLASS YOU JUST HAD OR WHATEVER, I AM FUCKING WORKING AND WHEN MY PHONE BUZZES IT SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING ANGRY HORNET WITH A CHAINSAW.  (I guess that's FWP #2, my phone vibrates so aggressively it shakes whatever fucking table it's on and since I use it as an alarm, I almost never remember to turn off vibrate.)  

Today I replied with "I'm at work" thinking she'd stop, and she just went "yeah I know, I just got out of class" then went on to tell me what her class schedule is today in 3 more texts.  DUDE IM AT WORK NO IM NOT GOING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE RIGHT NOW.  I HAVE WORK.  I AM WORKING.  

It's a little thing and totally not a battle worth fighting, so of course I'm going to drop it, it's just super irritating, I hate texting.  
  • Options
    Ooooh, thanks @lolo883! I love the gray palette! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So this guy from NY, just showed up at our property in NOLA to check in his room.  If you do know it's Voodoo fest.  Huge weekend.

My front desk person pulled up his reservations, freaked out because this means we are oversold.   She gives him a key. Then calls to bitch at me that I made the reservations for Oct 30 (we are friday-to-friday timeshare), this makes us oversold and for some reason he is not showing up in the tape chart.

After a QUICK investigation the reservations is  for Oct, 30 2015. Which is a friday next year.  I have the confirmation from RCI.  

So this poor guy thought he was making a reservations for 2014, but it was for 2015 and didn't pay attention to his own confirmation letter .  Then my FD agent also didn't pay attention and gave him a room we do not have.

Grrr

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    beethery said:
    My birthday is next Friday and DH asked what I wanted. My reply? A custom closet.
    My dad had the idea to do that next year for my parents' 30th anniversary. He wants to hook it all up in a day. If your H can find somewhere for you to be that day, you might get it lol

Oh, DH certainly would not be doing it himself. He'd most certainly end up putting unnecessary holes in the walls or perhaps breaking a finger with a hammer.

I know I won't get it, since we're saving up for our second home (another FWP, BTW) but it's really all I want. I can't buy new clothes yet, I'm not ready to go out in public, and I don't wear jewelry other than my e-ring, wedding band, and watch, all of which are irreplaceable. So, another FWP- not being able to choose a b-day gift!

@Jells2dot0 it sounds like you deserve a pampered spa day for your birthday :)
    @charlieyankee03 I'm planning on a spa day at some point! I need to get these hot flashes to stop first! Does anyone else get super hot during facials (from the hot hand mitts and heated bed)??

• Options
    I love my MOH, but she likes to text me 3-5 times every day between 11 and noon.  I'M AT FUCKING WORK.  NO I AM NOT GOING TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR TEXT ABOUT A PACKAGE YOU ORDERED OR YOUR CLASS YOU JUST HAD OR WHATEVER, I AM FUCKING WORKING AND WHEN MY PHONE BUZZES IT SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING ANGRY HORNET WITH A CHAINSAW.  (I guess that's FWP #2, my phone vibrates so aggressively it shakes whatever fucking table it's on and since I use it as an alarm, I almost never remember to turn off vibrate.)  

Today I replied with "I'm at work" thinking she'd stop, and she just went "yeah I know, I just got out of class" then went on to tell me what her class schedule is today in 3 more texts.  DUDE IM AT WORK NO IM NOT GOING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE RIGHT NOW.  I HAVE WORK.  I AM WORKING.  

It's a little thing and totally not a battle worth fighting, so of course I'm going to drop it, it's just super irritating, I hate texting.  
    OMG mine does this too. It's terrifyingly loud.

• Options

Happy Bday Knotties!

My current FWP is that I can't decide which shampoo scent I want the groomer to wash my dog with this afternoon. The choices are chamomile (sp?) honey or like a minty fresh deal. Both make her smell SOOOO good and I am excited for ALL the beagle snuggles this weekend. But which do I choose?

Definitely mint.
    NO GO CHAMOMILE! (Full disclosure: I hate mint.)

Mine last night was: We went to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and I decided to be adventurous and order a chalupa, and it had BEANS AND GUACAMOLE AND NOT ANY MEAT. I was not happy.

This morning? Definitely that I'm trying to decide which phone to upgrade to, and I can't decide if I want to go iPhone or not. I've had a few upgrade cycles where I've swapped Android to iPhone to Android, but both Androids I've wound up getting rid of before the upgrade. Plus the 5C is free w/ new 2-year.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I love it and the camera is amazing! Plus it doesn't bend or rip out your hair. ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Happy Bday Knotties!

My current FWP is that I can't decide which shampoo scent I want the groomer to wash my dog with this afternoon. The choices are chamomile (sp?) honey or like a minty fresh deal. Both make her smell SOOOO good and I am excited for ALL the beagle snuggles this weekend. But which do I choose?

Definitely mint.

Mine last night was: We went to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and I decided to be adventurous and order a chalupa, and it had BEANS AND GUACAMOLE AND NOT ANY MEAT. I was not happy.

This morning? Definitely that I'm trying to decide which phone to upgrade to, and I can't decide if I want to go iPhone or not. I've had a few upgrade cycles where I've swapped Android to iPhone to Android, but both Androids I've wound up getting rid of before the upgrade. Plus the 5C is free w/ new 2-year.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I love it and the camera is amazing! Plus it doesn't bend or rip out your hair. ;)
    I have the Galaxy 5S Acitve.  I love my phone.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Happy Bday Knotties!

Definitely mint.

I have the Galaxy 5S Acitve.  I love my phone.
    That's what my H has. He has already dropped it six times. Once in a full coffee cup. We have had our new phones for a week. Glad he went with the active.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My right hand is drier than my left hand and why can't all my shoes fit in one damn closet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I keep eating too much Halloween candy and giving myself sugar headaches!  I even bought mostly non-chocolate items this year, figuring that would help slow me down, but I have an obsession with Smarties and just can't seem to stop. So, now I'm torn between hoping that lots of kids come tonight to save me from myself and hoping nobody shows up so I can continue to eat it all myself!

Oh, and I only have Netflix available on one TV at home and DH doesn't have any interest in watching old episodes of Twin Peaks, which I've been rewatching lately, so I can only watch it when he's not home. My other problem is that I've been trying to motivate myself to work out lately, but that's also easier for me to do when DH is gone.  So, during the times he's not home, I'm torn between exercising or watching Twin Peaks, because the tv in the room with my Total Gym is not the one with Netflix.

• Options
    I'm too full to finish my pancakes. Waaaaaaah.
  • Options
    I am working on my wedding scrapbook and I have too many fancy edging scissors. I'm going to be cutting fancy shapes for days.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards