Chit Chat
Options

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Re: What's everyone doing this weekend?

• Options
    Meh. I had fabulous plans involving the giant moon on the front lawn, loads of decorations and passing out candy in my fabuloso witch gown.
    Not happening. It's frikking monsooning. Buckets of rain. The world is just waterlogged. If I get two trick or treaters, I'll be surprised.

This is my first all alone Halloween. Moosey is going to some anime convention with his friends. Aki Con? I think. 
    I might buy myself a nice new book. Build a fire, eat more pumpkin cake, wallow in scary thoughts and pajamas. 
  • Options
  • Options
    I love pumpkin spice lattes and I'm not ashamed of it. I even read that article about all the poisonous horrible toxins that are supposedly in the flavors used in PSL, and I promptly shrugged and went out and bought one lol. And if I could afford a North Face jacket and they made them in my big girl size, I'd probably own one.

I do, however, think uggs and tights are dumb. I mean, are you cold or not?

As far as our weekend plans, as soon as 4:30 hits I am leaving work to go pick up my dog from the vet since he got his annual shots today, and then I'm planning to go home and get started on my box (again, not ashamed) of wine. I'll make sure to turn off all my porch lights since we didn't buy candy for trick or treaters, and I plan to get snockered enough to not care that FI would rather watch his high school's football game online than watch scary movies with me. 

I haven't figured out Saturday or Sunday yet.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited October 2014
    sarahufl said:
    Seems a little silly, don't you think?
    What seems silly? The article? The costume? Sure, of course it does. I'm not condoning it. I even said in this post I worry about it being offensive. 

ETA: I own leggings. I have a pair of old Uggs I wore years ago. So, am I basic? Maybe. Does it offend me personally? No. 
  • Options
    @emmaaa I laughed out loud at your "life gives you lemons" idea! I mean, sure, it's dorky, but it's also clever and silly and fun.

I will be hitting the town as badass, nervous, feminist icon of our time Tina Belcher: 

I wish we had trick-or-treaters but it doesn't really seem to be a thing in NYC--from what I understand the kids hit up local businesses instead of apartment buildings.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    @KatieinBkln please show us pictures of your costume! I love Tina, she's my favorite Bob's Burgers character.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I am Facebook today, I was thinking of doing the Tardis but it was too difficult (read: I was too lazy and procrastinated).  Looks like I am going to stay home tonight and watch horror movies and eat chocolate bars and drink these milkshake coolers that look really yummy.
    ETA no plans for Saturday and Sunday is SO's birthday.  We'll be going to his parents for dinner.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    Seems a little silly, don't you think?
    What seems silly? The article? The costume? Sure, of course it does. I'm not condoning it. I even said in this post I worry about it being offensive. 

ETA: I own leggings. I have a pair of old Uggs I wore years ago. So, am I basic? Maybe. Does it offend me personally? No. 
    I thought she meant the term to describe it is silly.

I don't mind any of the individual things alone (except leggings as pants. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS). Just the fact that every girl I see shopping schmancy downtown Birmingham is wearing the SAME. DAMN. THING. It's like a uniform for 17 year olds with Daddy's credit card.

Same damn uniform on a girl at Old Navy the other night buying NO JOKE 30 pairs of black leggings. THIRTY. Why yes of course they're for pom, how did you know? High kiiiiiiicks! And her mom insisted on the cashier ringing them up in 6 different orders so she could use her coupon multiple times.

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    @emmaaa I laughed out loud at your "life gives you lemons" idea! I mean, sure, it's dorky, but it's also clever and silly and fun.

I will be hitting the town as badass, nervous, feminist icon of our time Tina Belcher: 

I wish we had trick-or-treaters but it doesn't really seem to be a thing in NYC--from what I understand the kids hit up local businesses instead of apartment buildings.
    If you don't put up pictures I'm going to be livid.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    MagicInk said:
    Eh, just gonna get married. No big thing.

On Sunday we might go to a day of the dead fest thing. 
    Ahhhhh!!!! Have the best time ever! I can't wait to see pictures! 
  • Options
    Re: leggings as pants, I don't get it either. Why do you want to walk around with a visible camel toe? 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    H and I are going to stay with friends (actually his last ex and her husband, lol--we buried the hatchet a couple years ago and it's been just over 9 since the break-up) for the weekend. They invited us last night to come to the party they're going to tonight, which has a costume theme of 'song characters.' Though they assured us we don't have to dress up, H wants to be Ziggy Stardust(!) and I am going as 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' with a violin and devil horns/tail.

Tomorrow we're going to a party with a bunch of friends from college, for which I made soft pretzels with beer cheese and vampire bite mini-cheesecakes. I am also bringing rum and cider and ingredients for a vampire cocktail. Since we were in a writing society with these friends, there's also a Halloween short story contest with scary and funny categories. We're going as Poison Ivy and Two-Face, as I think I mentioned in another thread.
  • Options
    Oh and I'm dressed as a devil right now. Black leggings with red high tops and a red tutu and red tank top and my horns of course. FI saw what I was wearing and decided to dress up as an angel, skinny white jeans, sparkly gold flats, white tank-top and a halo headband. 
  • Options
    Taking my FI's kids trick or treating after work around NJ.  Tomorrow we were supposed to go to the catskills for the weekend but we both work up with sore throats today so if we still feel crappy, we will be on the couch, watching movies and playing Crokinole the rest of the weekend

• Options
    Today, we are going to pick out our new wood floors!! AHHHH!

We have beautiful fall weather today, crisp and breezy to swirl leaves. Super Halloweenish. We have our trick or treating block party tonight and I will be warm and just put fairy wings on. I'm bringing my spider dog and I will eat all the foods. We are making corn bread bread and chilli, Mummy dogs, and Halloween cupcakes, plus a mixture of candy corn, pretzels, popcorn and M&Ms its our version of goblin goop.

DH requested tonight off so I'm so excited to see him tonight.

image   image   image

• Options
    beethery said:

If you don't put up pictures I'm going to be livid.
    @Beethery @Cupcait it's your lucky day, because I already went last weekend! This is 4 beers in and I'm desperately trying NOT to smile:

Me right now. ^^^^^^^
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @KatieinBkln perfection! Love it.
  • Options

I'm tapering my prednisone from 15mg to 5mg today. So, it might be a VERY tough weekend. However, I might start losing weight in the next week. I'm SOOOO excited about this.

• Options
    I'm a Halloween hater too. Kids dressing up? Sure. But I don't really get adults who dress up and go to work. 

Sunday I'm running the NYC Marathon and I swear to god I am more excited than I was for my wedding day.
  • Options
    daria24 said:
    I'm a Halloween hater too. Kids dressing up? Sure. But I don't really get adults who dress up and go to work. 

Sunday I'm running the NYC Marathon and I swear to god I am more excited than I was for my wedding day.
    No one ever dresses up at work, and I'm thankful for that. 

Good luck this weekend! 
  • Options
    daria24 said:

Good luck! I always pop over to McCarren park and cheer for a while for the people running up Bedford Ave. You runners are so impressive to me.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Ditto that leggings are not pants. 

Just like shorts actually have to have SOME length to them to qualify as shorts and not denim underpants.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    One of my BFFs is waiting on her engagement ring to come in, and I talked to her last night. She thinks they have a date locked down and now they're picking between venues (both have that date available). I'm SO fucking excited for her!

Also goob moment, when we picked our date, we just picked it because it was an available Saturday in October. We get comments occasionally about the anniversary being easy to remember because it's going to be 10/10. Well, BFF's date is going to be 12/12.

I'm so fucking excited for her!!!! Her wedding is going to be so gorgeous and so much FUN.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    daria24 said:

Good luck! I always pop over to McCarren park and cheer for a while for the people running up Bedford Ave. You runners are so impressive to me.
    I always watch, too! Good luck :)
  • Options
    beethery said:
    One of my BFFs is waiting on her engagement ring to come in, and I talked to her last night. She thinks they have a date locked down and now they're picking between venues (both have that date available). I'm SO fucking excited for her!

Also goob moment, when we picked our date, we just picked it because it was an available Saturday in October. We get comments occasionally about the anniversary being easy to remember because it's going to be 10/10. Well, BFF's date is going to be 12/12.

I'm so fucking excited for her!!!! Her wedding is going to be so gorgeous and so much FUN.
    I wanted 10/4/14 SO BADLY because math (10+4=14) and so I could say "10-4 good buddy!" But alas, it was Yom Kippur and that didn't fly with Jewish BM. Le sigh.

YAY for exciting weddings you don't have to plan!

• Options
    beethery said:

I wanted 10/4/14 SO BADLY because math (10+4=14) and so I could say "10-4 good buddy!" But alas, it was Yom Kippur and that didn't fly with Jewish BM. Le sigh.

YAY for exciting weddings you don't have to plan!
    YES. Exciting OOS wedding I don't have to plaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Her FI wants to make her a fur stole and beaver vests for his potential groomsmen. He looks like a very short mountain man and is big into fur-trapping. Makes me want to cry, but he's very cool and nice and his first thought was to make T (my bff) a stole for the wedding. It makes my heart hurt but that is very thoughtful.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    No Halloween plans here. I cleaned the whole house today cause tomorrow my sister, her husband and my darling little nephew are coming for the weekend to London. So tonight I'll be making my cupcakes for high tea tomorrow and the chocolate cake to bring to dinner at a mutual friend's house.

On Sunday I'm having the FILs over for lunch so I 'm going to make a proper English Sunday Roast. Must remember not to drink too much wine at dinner party tomorrow otherwise sunday roast is fucked. Hehe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards