Chit Chat
Options

The NEW TheKnot.com is launching - Tonight!

13»

Re: The NEW TheKnot.com is launching - Tonight!

• Options
    You all are completely right. I promise tech is working on a fix for these login issues, and I'm making sure everything you've been posting here is getting relayed to them, to understand the extent to which it's hurting all of us.

I'll keep you updated as I hear anything else! Thanks!!
  • Options

I dream of a day when I'll be typing up an awesome reply to someone on mobile, and NOT get the little popup that says "you don't have permission to do that" when it's illogically logged me out.

Yea I got that yesterday.

How/why it logs you out when you are actively reading the page I have no idea.

It's extra frustrating because it takes about 5 clicks to get right back to the same page that I was on "pre-log-out" (when previously it was 2).
    It's happened to me 3 times today. I'm officially done with TK mobile.

• Options
    How do you find your inbox on mobile? There is no link. There is no envelope next to a globe and star or whatever.

image   image   image

• Options

How do you find your inbox on mobile? There is no link. There is no envelope next to a globe and star or whatever.

The mobile Community page had a link to your inbox. Not sure if it's still there with the redesign, but it's worth checking.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

I dream of a day when I'll be typing up an awesome reply to someone on mobile, and NOT get the little popup that says "you don't have permission to do that" when it's illogically logged me out.

Yea I got that yesterday.

How/why it logs you out when you are actively reading the page I have no idea.

It's extra frustrating because it takes about 5 clicks to get right back to the same page that I was on "pre-log-out" (when previously it was 2).
    It's happened to me 3 times today. I'm officially done with TK mobile.
    Same. I quit.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    beethery said:

The mobile Community page had a link to your inbox. Not sure if it's still there with the redesign, but it's worth checking.
    Basically the only way I could ever navigate on mobile was to find things once, and then start typing the URL and picking from the autofill options after that. If you're on mobile now @sugargirl1019, try clicking this - - ETA never mind I just tried my own advice and got trapped in an endless login redirect loop. 

I repeat, done with TK mobile.

• Options
    Bah I am having a rough time when I leave TK and come back in another window. I don't stay logged in. Not the end of the world, but definitely annoying. 
  • Options
    Still working on a fix for the logout issue, I'm really sorry all :persevere: 

Also working to get that "New here? Read this first!" link turned into an inbox link @Sugargirl1019

Please let me know if anything comes up. Thanks!
  • Options
    I hate hate hate hate the budgeter and checklist being changed. It's so illogical. The checklist is absolutely worthless as it no longer breaks down by weeks/months. And you can't easily just check them off. To go back to the original... is not easy. 

• Options
    So, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but on mobile when I try to enter a multi-page thread I've already visited, I don't get taken to the latest post any more. It's still working fine on PC, but mobile takes me to the top of the first page of the thread.

It's not a major problem, but it is very annoying.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    This is a new problem, so I don't know if it's on your end or mine, but I keep getting logged out of the site. I've had to log in several times today (without navigating away from TK).  I see that it's been a problem in the past, but this is the first time I've encountered it.

I'm on a PC using Chrome.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Are we able to get an update on these issues? Are they even a priority? I mean, I'm sure the forums don't make TK a ton of money so I get why they wouldn't be, but it's kind of frustrating to be like "we want your input!" and then later just kind of ignore it and hope we forget.

The mobile sign out issue is still happening.
    Links back to the forum >page 2 of topics.
    New Here link still doesn't do anything.

These issues were brought up a month ago and it sounds like there are weekly meetings between KG and developers.
  • Options
    Logout issue isn't happening just on mobile. I keep getting logged out on desktop too. Running the newest Chrome on Windows Vista.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Logout happens annoyingly often. Running latest version of Chrome on Windows Vista, Mac OSX Yosemite, and iPhone 5C.

Also - I haven't been able to edit a post on mobile in a couple days. Usually I can refresh, or restart Chrome, and it will resolve, but I've done everything short of restarting my whole phone and haven't yet found a workaround. Also on iPhone 5C running the latest version of Chrome. Haven't tried on a desktop version yet.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I would just like to say that I am so happy there's been no fix to the log out issue yet.
    Anniversary

• Options

I would just like to say that I am so happy there's been no fix to the log out issue yet.

I know, I know. This is beyond annoying. They are working on it, but let me see if I can get a status update for all of you today.
  • Options
    KnotRiley said:

I know, I know. This is beyond annoying. They are working on it, but let me see if I can get a status update for all of you today.
    I would appreciate an update.  I don't have internet at my house and lately my personal hot spot on my phone hasn't been working, which means I am almost exclusively using TK on my phone except when I go to the library once in awhile.

The login issue with it kicking back to the front page is so annoying, that my time on TK has probably been cut in half or cut even more, which honestly is probably not a bad thing.  It's probably good for me to reduce my internet time.
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing I got an email today tech might have found a quicker way to resolve this, but once I have a more concrete update I will let you know. Again, I'm really sorry about this.
  • Options
    Wow. Whatever tech did tell them to undo it. I can no longer sign in from the hamburger menu. I have to go into a post, hit reply, and then I have to go through all of the same stuff again. The "fix" made it more difficult and I'm still getting logged out.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Hey @paperpusher looking into what's going on now and trying to get this resolved quickly! I'll let you know once I hear any updates.
  • Options

Wow. Whatever tech did tell them to undo it. I can no longer sign in from the hamburger menu. I have to go into a post, hit reply, and then I have to go through all of the same stuff again. The "fix" made it more difficult and I'm still getting logged out.

Yeah, I occasionally am having problems causing me to re-login even if I haven't navigated away from TK.
  • Options
    When my newly engaged friends ask for suggestions on planning sites, I officially tell them to avoid TK because it is glitchy and they are not fixing the issues.

Awesome.
  • Options

When my newly engaged friends ask for suggestions on planning sites, I officially tell them to avoid TK because it is glitchy and they are not fixing the issues.

Awesome.

It just took me 5 minutes to log in to love that.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards