Chit Chat
Options

New Knot

Arg!!  Winston is gone!!  I'm just seeing a blue question mark, like I don't have an avatar anymore.  I see everyone else's though.  Can you guys see Winston (my hedgehog avatar)??

Re: New Knot

• Options
    No. :(

New  TK is so BLUE
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I can't see anybody's avatar. :(

ETA except my own. Wtf.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It's very glitchy on my laptop. The bottom doesn't move up so I can't hit post reply. I'm on mobile and it works better.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    I can see Winston. I can only get to the reply box half of the time though.
  • Options
    Now I see him!
  • Options

Looks like avatars are back, but I'm 100% sure that things are going to be super-glitchy for the next couple of days. They always are after any kind of site redesign or general mucking around in the back-end. Yay IT.

I have to say, I'm not super impressed with the new look. I kinda hate it, actually. And I really think that, instead of redesigning something that was perfectly fine, they could have worked on things that actually affect functionality and usability. Like the SITB situation, and notifications not working on quotes...
    It's very pinterest wannabe-esque

• Options

Looks like avatars are back, but I'm 100% sure that things are going to be super-glitchy for the next couple of days. They always are after any kind of site redesign or general mucking around in the back-end. Yay IT.

I have to say, I'm not super impressed with the new look. I kinda hate it, actually. And I really think that, instead of redesigning something that was perfectly fine, they could have worked on things that actually affect functionality and usability. Like the SITB situation, and notifications not working on quotes...
    I completely agree!  I had enough tech issues with the last version of the site - namely being super stalker-esque for weeks because my reply button worked about 5% of the time.  Then, after being completely locked out due to locality issues for the last two weeks, I'm finding this all overly confusing.  
  • Options
    Any new website is going to be ultra glitchy unless they have the staff to really test it and fix it. I imagine the knot doesn't have that.

It's really not that bad, despite my annoying picture I put in the announcements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    For the website (not the forums part of it) I hate having to scroll through big pictures and check what is underneath them, I want more order I guess.  And just in general, the blue seems brighter.  At first I was all:
  • Options
    I don't like the blue at all. We'll see if anything useful actually got fixed. Doubtful.

• Options
    It's very blue here. Kinda matches my mood.
  • Options
    I like the blue heading but I don't like how every single main text is blue.

• Options
    It's very bloglike.  Makes me think of a ready to go theme from squarespace or something. 

But whatever I'll get used to it and totally forget how it used to look. 
  • Options
    @FiancB your sig gif is awesome. I've sat here watching it for a good 5 minutes. 
  • Options
    This is annoying. I'm annoyed. 

• Options

I hate when things look so "mobile friendly" and I'm on a real computer.  It feels all googly and huge. Do I need GIANT "follow us" buttons?? Nope.

And I couldn't sign in on mobile.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Based on some of the new changes, I might lie low for a while. One of my posts was featured just now when I tried to log in on mobile. I get that TK can use my posts however they want, but I feel like I've generally flown under the radar and that's my preferred MO.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options

Based on some of the new changes, I might lie low for a while. One of my posts was featured just now when I tried to log in on mobile. I get that TK can use my posts however they want, but I feel like I've generally flown under the radar and that's my preferred MO.

I don't blame you, that's my general feeling here. I usually prefer just reading the threads to posting.
  • Options
    Yeah. And I guess there's usually someone who says what I want to say anyway. Maybe my new role can be avid like-er. I'll beef up your love-its, Knotties!

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options

I know the feeling. I got quoted in the TK blog, and I had said something negative about my FMIL's dishes lol. I know TK has a right to use what we post and I know it's always a possibility, but seeing my name and my words on their blog wasn't very fun. 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of all the blue.   Not horrible, but I would like a little more color.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:

I like it too lol. It's actually my favorite color. Although it tells me the amount of days left till the wedding on the main page, so when I saw that this morning I was like

so much to do!!!
    Yes, this. That 58 days is very sobering. 
  • Options
    It's weirding me out.

Also, hooray for hedgehog avatars! :)
  • Options
    After having explored the new changes a little more...

I think I like the design changes. The blue is a pretty color. It's a little... much blue, but I can deal with a little too much of a color I like. At least it's not, like, baby-poop green. 

I think I like the homepage design changes specifically. I actually like that I can see I have 233 days left. (I probably won't like it as much when it's a 2-digit number. I will be in full panic mode then.)

I think I don't like the actual usability changes, at least here in the forums. Not a fan of the featured threads, nor am I a fan of the way the boards are organized at the side of the page. I don't stray out into the Real TK World because it gave me more mental breakdowns in the beginning than I care to admit, so I have no opinion outside them.

Avatars are back, though, it seems! So that's good news!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    For a second I thought I accidently highlighted the page. Like it was the old format then I clicked on a post and it was the new format ha. I don't mind it too much but the blue kinda hurts my eyes. But my eyes are pretty bad ( damn you glaucoma).
  • Options
    It is very blue...not sure about this one TK.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards