Chit Chat
Options

What's making you happy today?

My grandma did great in surgery yesterday. 

My FIL will most likely be out of the hospital today. 

And and and!! We were approved for an additional mortgage on the house. My husband purchased the house he grew up in, and it's paid off. However, the last time the kitchen was updated was 1980. The kitchen is literally as old as I am. No bueno. The entire house needs to be redone inside and out. So, we' have $150,000 coming soon so complete renovations can begin!!! Up until now, we've been doing all the renovations completely out of pocket. I'm so freaking excited! 

Now you go. 

Re: What's making you happy today?

• Options
    There are 60s in the forecast for the weekend. Much excite. Daylight savings time beginning, not so much.

• Options

I am happy it's above freezing today so more snow will melt. That's all I got.

• Options

There are 60s in the forecast for the weekend. Much excite. Daylight savings time beginning, not so much.

I am insanely jealous.......but happy that you can enjoy it.
  • Options
    kmmssg said:

I am insanely jealous.......but happy that you can enjoy it.
    It's currently 10 degrees here. I'll take whatever I can get :)

• Options
    Glad to hear all the positive health news! 

I am actually pumped for DST this weekend. I will gladly lose that hour to have some sunlight after work. My dog and I both are aching for post work runs. It's just not safe in the dark on my road. We'd end up nailed by a car. Therefore, bring on the sun!

Also, I ordered new address announcements this morning even though we're still under contract and haven't closed yet. Did I mention they just accepted our offer on Monday? Hope for no bad juju to jinx it. They're cute AND on sale! 

Yay for renovation loans! That'll be awesome to make your home exactly what y'all want. 
  • Options
    Yay for health and house renovations!

I get to take a long weekend and head to Miami. Woo! I'm so ready for the sun and the beach. And several tropical cocktails.
  • Options
    Wooo! So glad surgery went well, and FIL is out of the hospital! All good news! I want pics of your renovations something fierce.

Things making me happy: I have coffee! I cannot drink normal-people coffee so I only get it as a treat. Also I got to put on a sleeveless blouse today and I'm quite comfortable in it! It's supposed to get into the 70s today. AND my weeklong heartburn issue is finally gone!

Things making me not-happy: I'm at work on the first really warm day of the year. There's freezing rain forecast for tomorrow. And I have half a scary movie to finish tonight... :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I have a fun weekend planned so I am looking forward to that! Also, it's Wednesday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I'm happy that I brought my lunch today. The bad part is, that now I'm looking forward to it so much at 10:00 am that I'm tempted to go ahead and eat.

• Options
    flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

My cat that was sick followed me downstairs today and started digging into the regular cat food - this makes me happy, since she was so sick and has lost so much weight.  She's got her follow up Saturday with the vet, hopefully it'll be the all-clear. 

I'm down 9 pounds doing the weight loss challenge at the fitness center at work.  It ends with the final weigh in next week, so I'm hoping to make it an even 10 (if not more). 

I hammered out dates with FI last night about when my last day at work here will be, we decided on June 18.  That means only 3.5 more months of this miserable place, and I should be able to have all my credit cards paid off by the end of May so it'll be all kinds of fresh starts for me when we move.

And, our wine barrel that we're going to use for our card box is supposed to be delivered today!

• Options
    Yay, glad surgery went well! I read your post yesterday, but didn't have a chance to comment.

Well, I'm wearing a pair of work pants today, without my waist trainer, and they fit perfect. In fact, they are kinda loose.. Woo hoo! Just a few months ago, the top button popped off as I was sitting at my desk. Also, we got our invitations yesterday!!!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    abl13abl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its

Our snow is starting to melt! We don't have sidewalks and the streets have basically shrunk since we have so much damn snow so I've been walking on our treadmill but it's not the same as walking or running outside.

Also we're going to look at a house tomorrow! It's everything that we want and in the perfect location. It's been on the market since June so I'm interested in finding out why that is.

• Options
    My BFF's foster cat had five kittens and they are SO CUTE. I can't handle it. I'm getting all the photos from her right now.

Our office manager is back from vacation today so I can stop trying to put out every fire in the office alone now.

My walk to work was actually sunny this morning, even though it was -30 again. And it's warming up to like -5 this afternoon (I think that's high 20s/low 30s for you guys? Just a bit under freezing?)

My fancy(ish) new ski goggles with the interchangeable sensor mirror lenses came in today so I'll have them for FI's birthday ski trip next week. And I got to pay for them with my Health & Wellness benefit from work because they're "sports equipment".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

I'm happy that I brought my lunch today. The bad part is, that now I'm looking forward to it so much at 10:00 am that I'm tempted to go ahead and eat.

This happens to me all too often.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm happy my new recipe turned out well last night. Plus after today, I only have 2 days left at my job. And 3 days off before starting my new one.
  • Options
    My dog is wagging his tail in his sleep and it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. 
  • Options
    Yea!

My life's depressing and sad at the moment so these little wins feel pretty fucking great:

1. I went to a funeral in TX last week that was tough. But the good thing is I bought a pair of wonderful cowboy boots that I'm in love with. They're brown and pink and have a rounded toe. Super-comfy, adorable, and not terrible in snow and ice.

2. The Kid's shrink has worked some sort of miracle and he's suddenly being less of an asshole. As in he came home from counseling and suddenly had a 80% change of heart. I have no idea what happened but I no longer dread coming home.

3. MIL's out of the hospital. Cancer sucks and she's not handling her chemo well. Things are not going well but it's good to have her surrounded by family rather than in a hospital room. We're considering this to be a win.

4. My birthday is Friday. No plans for that day but we're going out for dinner Saturday night at a restaurant that I love. My plan was to do nothing but sleep and watch bad movies during the day but it looks like I have to work during the day. But still, I get a yummy dinner. And DH will be the DD so I can drink too much sangria. Yea!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It's my Daddy-O's birthday today so that makes me happy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Sigh. Well my day just turned sour.

Our company is directly affected by the oil and gas industry. As is my FI. Because of the economy, both of our jobs have been super slow lately. Last month FI's company implemented a 5% salary reduction company wide. Which really sucks. But we'll make due. 

Today my company sends out an email saying that if things don't turn around in the next month that they will be implementing company wide salary reductions.

Looks like we may not be getting that honeymoon to Paris.... Thank god we haven't booked it yet.
  • Options
    Glad to hear your Grandma is doing well Climbing.  

My good news is that I'm home today and not at work!!  Yay for days off!!  But I'm still super sick, so that sucks.  Still, currently feeling better than yesterday so there's hope yet.  

• Options
    To add onto my earlier happy thing, I just ate my lunch (fajita) and it was delicious :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards