Chit Chat

Re: We have been betrayed!

• BECAUSE IT'S TACKY TO BEG FRIENDS FOR MONEY ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GET IT ALL!!!!!!!!!  LKSDJF)(*@#$)($@*)@()(*DOJKFJP)#()_Q!_)#*()*(#

Okay, for real, though.  That article is just terrible.  And I have a friend being an annoying ass on FB with a stupid ass GFM because I guess he can't adult, so I'm extra ragey about it right now.

• Ugh. The author's rage on top of everything else. I feel like I need a shower.
  • Yuck! I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs. Does the author ever mention the fees involved or how honeyfund actually works?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wait. So.

Let me understand. 

Because some asshole told this person that a long list of not-tacky things were tacky, and that list apparently included Honeyfund, it makes it inherently not-tacky too? Is that the jist I'm getting here?

Because I am legitimately confused. 

Also this person sounds like an ASSHAT. With a pretty prince(ss) crown.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ahhhh cuntwaffles abound! 

Apparently this was a former poster here that was told they were out of line in wanting a honeymoon fund.

• Sometimes I think you should have to get a license to access the internet. 

What a whiny, self-righteous baby. She doesn't make Honeyfunds look good, she just makes herself look bad.

• Here's my question. If you're so adament about it, WHY NOT JUST ASK FOR MONEY?
  • Ugh, I could barely get through that.  I thought the completely overwrought style was pretty funny as satire until I realized it wasn't satire.

No explanation of how Honeyfund works.  No explanation of the fees.  No explanation that while you're asking to go swimming with the dolphins you're just getting a (delayed, slightly smaller) check.

My favorite comment so far: we just put on our invites, "'We are registered at Honeyfund.com.' That way everybody knew we weren't asking for 'gifts.'"  BLECH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• If you read the comments below (don't), you will see the egregious missteps of etiquette from her fellow head nodders. Honeyfunds are tacky, tacky, tacky! I'm old school and will side eye you into next week if I see that.
  • I'm convinced that people who are like "OMG, if I don't do a honeyfund I will get the WORST GIFTS EVER" Aren't actually from an area where people give nothing but "bad gifts", they're actually just such asshats that all their friends and family are like "Fuck you and enjoy your engraved fondue set decorated with early americana stars and stripes"

Anniversary
  • Oh my fucking fuck.

This actually made me want to throw up: "no matter what a couple asks for as a wedding gift, you should shut right the hell up and give it to them". So if they want an elephant I should just hop to and order one from Africa?

Also, the author is, based on the "footnotes" at the bottom, a guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• K never mind. I re-lost my faith in humanity and I shouldn't have read the comments. A stereotype about Jews. Perfect. 

I will never get tired of looking at that man. Can we have an entire thread of Dean gifs? Cause that shit would make my day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

I will never get tired of looking at that man. Can we have an entire thread of Dean gifs? Cause that shit would make my day.

YES.
  • Well, the writer and this piece of writing both ooze class, so obviously we're all wrong about honeyfunds. I mean, look at that classy middle-finger graphic and the closing remark of "and also fuck you". 

I honestly can understand the arguments for honeyfunds. I just think the arguments against are better. 

Also a class-act is the commenter who said "Other than that, yes! Great idea! I'm engaged now, and though we won't have a registry (eloping) this is exactly what we would do." Yeah, don't just ask for money as a wedding gift, expect people not invited to your elopement to gift said elopement trip to you. Why didn't I think of that? 
  • Oh my fucking fuck.

This actually made me want to throw up: "no matter what a couple asks for as a wedding gift, you should shut right the hell up and give it to them". So if they want an elephant I should just hop to and order one from Africa?

Also, the author is, based on the "footnotes" at the bottom, a guy.

Yes, Pinkham's a dude. Who writes a great column on Kitchenette called Behind Closed Ovens on life in the service industry, but apparently has no idea not to be an entitled idiot IRL.

Because GIFTS ARE NEVER REQUIRED AND YOU SHOULD NEVER ASK FOR THEM OR DICTATE WHAT THEY SHOULD BE AND YOU SHOULD ESPECIALLY NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT GIFTS YOU RECEIVE, and also everyone on earth knows that money is something you can give as a gift if you, you know, actually want to.

But I think it's just as gross to put any kind of registry info in an invite, so there's that too. I just really, really hate gift-grabbiness.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2015
    I could barely get through the first few paragraphs. Ugh! No one owes you a gift, money or otherwise, and if you want to have a wedding and take a nice trip, pay for it yourselves! Or, just don't register for gifts. People know how to give cash on their own .
  • I just don't get the idea that if you don't register, people just won't get you anything. Yes, people are generally not that fucking obtuse. They're still gonna bring a check to your wedding. We DID have a registry (hell, we had 3) and still got mostly checks at the wedding. We got precisely 2 registry gifts, 5 off-registry boxed gifts, and the rest cash. Out of 100+ gifts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards