Snarky Brides
Options

Bridezilla alert....

Re: Bridezilla alert....

• Options
    DH is in the wedding party of a friend of his.  She's a complete bridezilla.

Her latest comment is that she wants the guys to wear underwear under their kilts and she WILL be checking to make sure that they do.

I have a serious issue with this. And no, she's not joking.
    It's up to your DH to stand up for himself. Not you. And his buddy to stand up to his FI. "No ma'am. You're not looking up the kilts of my groomsmen." 

But ew. 

• Options
    Well, I sure hope they will stand up for themselves!

But I still have an issue with someone checking my DH's underwear.  Bride or otherwise.  NOPE.
  • Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

But I still have an issue with someone checking my DH's underwear.  Bride or otherwise.  NOPE.

You're making a huge deal out of it. If she thinks it's perfectly appropriate to go around, lifting up kilts, looking at whatever is underneath, and her Fiance thinks it's perfectly appropriate... you have a shitty friend problem. Not a "OMG SHE WANTS TO SEE MY HUSBAND'S PENIS!" problem. She doesn't give a shit about seeing a penis or your husband's ass. She wants to make sure that none of the groomsmen show their penis or ass on the wedding day. 

Not saying that she's right in wanting to look up their kilts, but saying that you need to back off. Tell your husband you're uncomfortable with it and let him deal with it. You do not need to interject yourself in this issue.

• Options

You're making a huge deal out of it. If she thinks it's perfectly appropriate to go around, lifting up kilts, looking at whatever is underneath, and her Fiance thinks it's perfectly appropriate... you have a shitty friend problem. Not a "OMG SHE WANTS TO SEE MY HUSBAND'S PENIS!" problem. She doesn't give a shit about seeing a penis or your husband's ass. She wants to make sure that none of the groomsmen show their penis or ass on the wedding day. 

Not saying that she's right in wanting to look up their kilts, but saying that you need to back off. Tell your husband you're uncomfortable with it and let him deal with it. You do not need to interject yourself in this issue.
    I agree with you too.   My comment is related to what I would do as a BM only. 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    edited June 2015
    Yup, I have an issue with it.  I was sharing. And DH knows I have an issue too.

You are absolutely right.  She IS a shit friend -- of DH.  She's not my friend, never will be, and that's certainly part of the emotion here.

But I still have a problem with it. Just as I'm sure my DH would have a problem if someone wanted to check MY underwear.

It's okay to have a problem with it. But relax. It's not your issue to get involved with. You are at a 10. You should be at a 2.

ETA: I gotta ask though, what would you do if your husband told her "Whatever. You can look up my kilt. Not a big deal." and let her look?

• Options
    You realize there are ways to show one is wearing underwear without lifting up the hemline of a skirt or kilt, right? Like, FFS I highly doubt she's going to be crawling on her hands and knees looking up. 

Chill. 
  • Options
    Yup, I have an issue with it.  I was sharing. And DH knows I have an issue too.

You are absolutely right.  She IS a shit friend -- of DH.  She's not my friend, never will be, and that's certainly part of the emotion here.

But I still have a problem with it. Just as I'm sure my DH would have a problem if someone wanted to check MY underwear.
    Then you need to deal with that. Could she have been joking? I know this is something I would totally say to FI's GMs if we had decided to go with a kilt too. 

Maybe your hate-on for this girl is clouding your judgement. Lighten up and go with it. If you're that worried, buy him these:

NSFW:

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    She's planning to use a selfie stick. I shit you not.
    Its just a piece of her overall  controlling, demanding, bridezilla attitude.

And yeah, its the principle. Demnanding to check ones underwear is crossing the line, IMO.
    haha That's awesome. She's crazy pants.

So what are you going to do when she busts out the selfie stick? Gonna match up her crazy with a bit of your own?

• Options

And yeah, its the principle. Demnanding to check ones underwear is crossing the line, IMO.
    Okay, but do you at least understand WHY she's insistent on checking? 
  • Options
    redoryx said:

Does it matter? 

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    redoryx said:

Does it matter? 

I guess I'm going on the assumption it's because she doesn't want any accidental flashing happening. Maybe that's an okay reason, maybe not, but if that's her concern I can at least appreciate it. Now, if she's going to actually demand a guy lift up the kilt or kick him out if he doesn't, then we have an issue. But in that case it's less about the kilt and more about the bride having a serious problem that needs dealt with. 
  • Options
    Then again, as someone pointed out, if nobody is checking under the BMs dresses then the bride needs to STFU
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    redoryx said:
    banana468 said:
    redoryx said:

Does it matter? 

I guess I'm going on the assumption it's because she doesn't want any accidental flashing happening. Maybe that's an okay reason, maybe not, but if that's her concern I can at least appreciate it. Now, if she's going to actually demand a guy lift up the kilt or kick him out if he doesn't, then we have an issue. But in that case it's less about the kilt and more about the bride having a serious problem that needs dealt with. 
    IMO, it's out of line regardless.   If we had a BM on here post that the groom was going to do a bra check to make sure that no one popped out of a dress or an underwear check to make sure that no one would flash (because a knee length dress and a kilt function EXACTLY the same way) we'd be up in arms.   And we'd say that he's out of his mind if he thinks he's using a selfie stick to go up a dress or down someone's v-neckline for the sake of modesty.

It doesn't matter if it's modesty or control - it's just not OK for the bride to do this.   Period.

Should the wife speak up?  No - it's not her body and I assume her husband is an adult (not a minor child).   But that hardly makes the bride's threats OK.   

Nope, you're right. 
  • Options
    Do I understand why she's insistent on checking?
    NO.  She's having them wear kilts, traditionally nothing is worn under them.  Have them wear suits if you're that concerned.

If they want to pull a Britney, so be it.  Is anyone checking under the BM dresses?

I probably won't be there when she pulls out the selfie stick. And I'm sure the guys will have some kind of glittery thongs or whatnot on to give her a show.
    This is not true. If you ask any Scotsman from Scotland, they will tell you this is a fabrication. Most men wear some sort of underwear under their kilts and always have. 
  • Options
    Do I understand why she's insistent on checking?
    NO.  She's having them wear kilts, traditionally nothing is worn under them.  Have them wear suits if you're that concerned.

If they want to pull a Britney, so be it.  Is anyone checking under the BM dresses?

I probably won't be there when she pulls out the selfie stick. And I'm sure the guys will have some kind of glittery thongs or whatnot on to give her a show.
    This is not true. If you ask any Scotsman from Scotland, they will tell you this is a fabrication. Most men wear some sort of underwear under their kilts and always have. 
    I figured that was a myth.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    Actually, its not a myth.  Traditionally you go without (Scottish Military Regulation is the origin).  Some people choose to wear undies now which is fine, but traditionally, there is no underwear.

Point is, nobody should be looking up there so it shouldn't matter.
    That's the military kilt wearers. Most Scotsmen (unless they're having you on) will wear underwear. Half my family is Scottish and we have had kilts in a number of weddings and other formal occasions. The "Tradition" is severely outdated and no one in this day and age would wear a kilt without underwear. Keep that in mind when you're spouting about "Traditional" dress.
  • Options
    TrixieJessTrixieJess member
    edited June 2015
    How did you find out about the selfie-stick plan? Is this something that the bride has plastered over he FB page? 

Are you going to leave it up to your H and the other GMs to put their foot down about this? Or are you going to rally the other SOs to tell the bride off?

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    I'm not "spouting". JFC. Just because YOUR family does it that way....whatever.  We wear kilts in my family too.  I care not what they have underneath, but I have no reason to look.
    There are a TON of outdated traditions, wedding an otherwise that people still follow. This is not a myth, just something that not everyone still follows. Good grief.

Yes, she's informing the world on FB.  No, I don't plan to intervene unless she comes at me with a damn selfie stick.  I just think she's being a controlling bridezilla asshole.

Okay, seriously, the consensus seems to be she needs to keep her selfie stick to herself and let the men do whatever you but you REALLY need to chill the fuck out about this.

• Options
    I'd be suggesting that H not wear underwear just to call her bluff or really piss her off when she goes to look for underwear and sees his pork and beans.
    I'd tell my DH to pee on her when she goes to look.

Bride knows this is actually a form of sexual harassment, right?

She's also being unhinged and controlling.  I've been in several weddings where the groom and his family were of Scottish heritage and actually had legit tartans.  NO ONE flashed anyone.  This is shit people worry about when they are just playing dress up with kilts.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards