Not Engaged Yet
Options

Terrific Tuesday

Good morning! 

I'm a little sleepy today. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 during the week but I stayed up later to watch TV shows (True Detective on Sunday and The Bachelorette last night) which puts me an hour behind schedule and I'm feeling it today! 

Last night, I made my 4th Blue Apron meal: Seared Salmon and Preserved Lemon with Red Quinoa and Pea Shoots. 

This is the first time I've ever made salmon at home and it was AMAZING. I'm drooling thinking about it now. H got the dish started while I was on my way home from work and then I finished it up. Tonight we're either having Miso Roasted Chicken with Spring Peas and Jasmine Rice or Spring Pea Gnocchi with Parmesan & Garlic Scape Sauce. Instead of dreading getting home and making dinner, I look forward to it SO much now :) 

Today I'm wearing a dress from one of a past StitchFix and I feel cute! I don't have a picture of me wearing it but below is a picture of the card that comes in each box with outfit ideas. I paired it with my favorite tan wedges and gold jewelry. 

Is your Tuesday terrific so far? 
What are you wearing today? 
Plans for dinner? 
Emotional outbursts of any kind?

Re: Terrific Tuesday

• Options
    @Swazzle Love that dress!!

So far my Tuesday is going well. Yesterday I didn't have any coffee and today I did so I feel more awake. I sent in money to the Local Records Office to get our House Deed this morning so hopefully we will get that in the next week or so, so we can file our Homestead Exemption.

I'm wearing a bright colorful dress that I bought from Ann Taylor Loft a while back. It's nice and flowy so it keeps me cool in this outrageous heat.

For Dinner I'm thinking we will either have leftover Chicken Fried Rice or Parmesan Fettucine...it depends if DH eats all the leftovers from last night....I'm thinking we will be safe lol.

No emotional outbursts yet..there will probably be one later this week as usual since my horomones are raging and things get to me easily.

Tonight I desperately need to wash my car...it's beyond dirty and disgusting.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - How hot is it there? We're going to be in the 90s today and it's super humid and there'll be severe thunderstorms later this afternoon. Yum to your dinner! I love chicken fried rice. I need to clean my car too! Every time H offers, I tell him to hold off because it's supposed to rain that day or the next. The inside is SO gross though so I should really handle it this week. 

• Options
    @Swazzle Yesterday it got up to 97 and it's supposed to do the same today. We are predicted to get showers later this week so it's probably because of it.

I need to go get my oil changed on the car and it's so nasty that I would be embarrassed to drop it off at the shop and let other people see it. It's covered in Maddux hair and after our beach trip, it's just super icky. 
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 I definitely watched "The Hills" and I tried to get into "The City" but I missed a lot of episodes and just got lost. 
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

@hummingird125 - Yep, I definitely used to watch The City. I wonder when she's going to get married. She's been engaged for ages. Also, I'm so thankful no one was around to film me dating when I was in my early 20's.

I'm in a crappy mood today. The bad feelings from yesterday's interview are still lingering, even though I know it wasn't a total disaster. I had my expectations set really high, so it was a big letdown. And then today I have to administer a final written warning to one of my employees. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Ugh.

Today I'm wearing capri'ish royal blue jeans with a black shirt and low black wedges. At least I feel cute? 

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight. Someone tell me again how much Blue Apron is and how I can get a free trial? Also, I want to try Stitch Fix, so the first person to send me their referral link is the winner.... ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger - I'm sorry you're bummed out about yesterday :-(

Re: The City - OMG, I can't even imagine having had cameras follow my early 20's around in NYC.... Thinking about it in those terms, they actually conduct themselves pretty well. I think Blue Apron is about $60 a week for 3 different meals for 2 people. I think people with memberships get 2 free trials to give out after a few weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - OMG I have to do that TOO! We are car twinsies apparently. 

@hummingbird125 - YAY I can't wait to see you in two days! I didn't watch The City but I just looked it up and Olivia Palermo was on it?! I ADORE HER. 

@cu97tiger - Ugh I'm so sorry you're bummed about yesterday. I sincerely hope it wasn't as bad as you think! All the things are crossed. Blue Apron is $60 a week and they send you 3 meals for 2 people (there's also a family plan that send you 4 servings but I'm not sure how much that is). I don't have any referrals for that yet since it's my first paying week and my coworker and @beanbot2002 have claimed the 2 I'll get probably next week. @GoldenPenguin might get more soon!

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 - Are you downloading the Chalene Johnson PiYo or a different one?

@Swazzle - I am requesting a picture of you in that dress.  I love it.

Is your Tuesday terrific so far?  Yes and no...  Yes because I'm down another pound (I haven't seen this weight since close to Thanksgiving when I was running a 5K twice a week) and no because I am a little irritable today for no reason.  

What are you wearing today?  I am wearing a medium-blue pencil skirt and a pink shirt with a gathered neckline and blue ballet flats.  I washed my hair so it's big and bad today.

Plans for dinner?  I am making ST broiled chicken drumsticks with artichokes and feta and a huge Greek salad.  I also need to cook a frozen tetrazzini and chop up some watermelon.  I'm on the schedule to provide dinner for my friend who had extensive back surgery.  I made the tetrazzini a couple weekends ago and froze it...  So hardly any cooking tonight!!

Emotional outbursts of any kind?  No emotional outbursts, but I have a crampy feeling on the right side of my abdomen and a temperature drop this morning, but the OPK says "NOT FERTILE HOMEGIRL" so I just have a crampy stomach today I guess.  So far the extra Prozac is helping me deal with no hormonal bcp and I don't feel crazy... yet.
  • Options
    @Swazzle that dress is adorable!! I think I might take you up on your offer of a referral!! I need new clothes and HATE shopping so having someone do it for me would be awesome!!

@SouthernPeach89 I'm curious.. what's a Homestead Exemption? We did the Homestead on our house, but I've never heard of an exemption. Also, BABY RUTABAGA!!!!

My Tuesday is blah. Yesterday was too. We are supposed to get crazy weather this afternoon, including hail and tornado like conditions. Hopefully I will be home and cozy by then!

I'm wearing a black and grey striped skirt and a plain black shirt. Today is the last day of school so starting tomorrow the business office gets to start to dress down for the summer!! WOOHOO I get really excited about it because I can wear flip flops to work and I never could before because I have always worked in hospitals.

For dinner we are doing WW BBQ pizzas. They are pretty damn good too!! 

I had an emotional outburst this morning. Oops. My aunt had this party for Norwex and her and my other aunt pushed me into having a party. The party is Thursday night and I only have two confirmed guests, one of the aunts and my mom. The other aunt can't even come. My whole family is backing out and I'm getting nervous because I can't have a party with only two people. I feel stupid begging people to come too. I have a few outside orders, but no guests. I have to call the lady tonight to see what I have to do about it. The outburst part was me angry texting my cousin because she said she has no interest and won't be coming. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @SouthernPeach89 Hmm.. I will be looking that up today!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @minskat30 It's environmentally friendly cleaning products. There are these cloths that you can clean everything with, just by adding water and no chemicals. The window ones work really well.  

friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @minskat30 Awww look at that baby! I want to snuggle his face! Maddux's hair comes off piece by piece so there are just small white hairs all over the place.
  • Options
    Huh @caseface5 - That looks pretty nifty!  I'm sorry you are having people back out of coming. :(

@southernpeach89 - Ugh, I empathize... we've had dogs like that with the hair by hair shedding.  It does make it hard to clean.  And getting it off your clothes is a bit of a nightmare.  
  • Options

@cu97tiger I'm sorry the interview didn't go as well as you had hoped. I'm saure it went went pretty well

Is your Tuesday terrific so far?
    Not really, it's already really hot out. I woke up exhausted even though I got to bed at a decent time last night.  I hate that.  We're supposed to get bad thunderstorms later today too.  It would be terrific if this work day would go by fast and the nausea would go away. 

What are you wearing today? I am wearing this dress I got from Express a few years ago, it's a win because it still fits and I feel comfortable in it.

Plans for dinner? No clue, the zucchini and corn on the cob I had for dinner last night gave me heartburn so I'm not sure what the plan will be tonight. It has to be quick too since I have a board meeting.  I might  have a can of Amy's soup, no idea. 

Emotional outbursts of any kind? Nope but the day is young and I'm hormonal.

Anniversary

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - I will try when I go to the bathroom! 

@caseface5 - PM me your email address if you want! Your dinner sounds SO good. 

@minskat30 - When you sign up, it asks if you're a vegetarian or if there are other things you don't eat (fish, seafood, pork, etc.). There are 6 options every week. It seems like there are always 2 meat dishes, 1 fish dish, and 3 vegetarian dishes. You can switch them out sometimes if you don't like something. This week, I didn't want a lamb dish that was coming so I swapped it for the gnocchi. That dress is GORG!

• Options
    @labro I've never seen or eaten a rutabaga in my life.
  • Options
    @labro do you get to WFH all the time? thats my dream. i just havent found a job that lets me do it..

also re: TTC. i dont really have an opinion because im not even thinking about TTC yet but i have a funny story. i had a friend who was temping and clearly i was confused because i thought she took her temperature in her vagina. i was like umm do you use a different thermometer for that?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 LOL I definitely thought you take your vag temp too. And I only get to WFH twice a week. I'd like to do it one more day. Currently it's Tuesdays and Fridays and I'd like to work from home on Mondays too.

@minskat30 Rajah is SUCH a dollbaby in that photo! I want to give his sad little face a big hug!!

• Options
    @jenjen047 and @labro You can take your temperature vaginally lol. You can do either one, mouth or vaginally. It depends on preference really. A lot of women do this so they can have a better idea of when they ovulate. 
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Is there a food allergy options/alternatives for celiac?

@labro - You are invited over to snuggle Rajah any day of the week,  :)  He would love to snuggle you right back. As to TTC - I can't speak to when it became a science but I can speak for the lots of sex and see what happens thing not working. It is fun trying though. ;)  In all seriousness (and maybe this is just me speaking from my butt because it pertains to me), I think it could have something to do with women delaying getting pregnant until they are older to establish themselves more in their career and then needing the extra help to get KU?     
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @labro - I know it wasn't directed solely at me, but my since I have PMDD I can only be off hormones for a short amount of time (maybe 3 months tops?  I've never gone past 2 since I've been in junior high).  So my GYN has me charting and temping so that we can take advantage of the few months I get.  Then I go back on hormones to get regulated for a few months (6-12) and then back off.  So just leaving it up to chance isn't the best option for us.  Other women have different reasons.  :)  Being off hormones for too long makes me completely dysfunctional, and anxiety meds don't cut it.  They take the edge off, but once I get to a certain point I have to be on the hormones.  Like I said, I've only managed 2 months at a time since I got my period.  I'm trying to commit to 3 months now, but we'll see!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 The iPhone weather app says thunder storms but the radio this morning on the way into work said hail. My mom also posted this crazy MA map last night saying that the cape is getting heavy rain, from Plymouth to about Worcester is severe warning and from there West is batten down the hatches the storm is coming for you!!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - I think some women do temp in their vag.  I've seen it as an option on FertilityFriend.  WUT.  Uh, no, I just have a little thermometer I stick in my mouth half-asleep at 5:15 AM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards