Not Engaged Yet

Terrific Tuesday

Re: Terrific Tuesday

• @CocoBellaF Yep, it's all the exact same. I use Nuvaring, so there's no generic version of it. It's all the same every month. I do remember back when I was on the pill in high school we would have to switch it up every year or so, but I haven't had issues on Nuvaring until recently. I was hoping to switch to an IUD in November after the wedding, but now I'm wondering if going off hormones is the best idea. *sigh*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 I found that going off hormones improved EVERYTHING. All my emotional issues happened on the pill. I think it's not a bad idea to give it a shot. Although I'd check on cost of the IUD first before going that route in case it just doesn't work out for you. If it's fully covered then I'd go for it!

• @swazzle - I'm not sure if I have seen your foot/ankle tattoos before! They're awesome! As are your shoes.

@bethsmiles - I have some slacks like that! They are so comfy! I've lost to much weight to wear them now, but I keep them around just n case I gain weight back some day (like the opposite of girls keeping their "skinny jeans"). I'd be so sad I had gotten rid of them, haha.

-----------------

Is your Tuesday terrific so far? My space bar isn't working well today. I have to type really slow, which annoys the crap out of me because I'm a fast typer. Maybe I have too many snack crumbs in my keyboard. :S

What are you wearing today? Black button up shirt with skinny jeans and high tops with newspaper print on them. Pretty great hair day. Although when I looked down to check what I was wearing I noticed I'm covered in toast crumbs..... Maybe I should stop eating at my desk.

Plans for dinner? I'm gonna throw a bunch of random taco-related stuff in the crock pot at lunch. Put it over Mexican rice or something.

Emotional outbursts of any kind? Nah. I'm pretty mellow right now. Getting super nervous to climb a mountain this weekend. It will be a huge adventure, but I do not trust my feet. And I'm super hopeful I won't have to poop, because you literally have to pack that shit out.

• @eilis1228 - For me, the hormones made me worse. I've been on depo, the nuvaring, and about 6 different types of BCPs and over time, my doctor and I discovered that hormones make me a raving friggin lunatic. 

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @labro I've met my deductible for the year already, so I don't think I'd have to pay for anything with the IUD...which is also why doing it this year is so appealing. :) Good to know you improved off the hormones! 

@Swazzle Good to know! I have no idea if it's the hormones or just my normal self... I've been on BC for so long that it's hard to say what the underlying issue is. All I know is this particular cycle is the worst in a loooooong time. I legit cry over and pick fights over the stupidest shit every day. I know I'm being BSC, but I have no idea how to stop it. 

• @AlPacina - Thanks! I have 3 on my feet: an Irish claddagh on the inside of my right ankle, 8 cat paw prints on my right foot/ankle/a little up my leg, and a sunflower on the top of my left foot. I want another! 

@eilis1228 - My IUD was completely covered by insurance.

• @Swazzle Mine probably would be too... but I've met my deductible for the year already, so even if it's not fully covered normally, I doubt I'd have to pay for anything out of pocket. Yet another reason to look into this year... :) Also, pics of the claddagh tattoo? 

• @swazzle - I've been searching for months for what I'm thinking will be my last tattoo. I want a panda on the back of my neck. Either on the neck itself or the top middle of my back. But so far I haven't found any images I love.

I've always absolutely loved this picture, but I don't think it'll work for the spot that I want to put it in.

• @alpacina - reminder to bring extra sun screen on your hike this time! :)

• @jenjen047 - It's supposed to be in the 70s ON the mountain! I am going to apply sunscreen every single break. OMG. But thank you for the reminder!!!! :)

• @Swazzle I LOVE that! 

• @hummingbird125 I'm jealous of you! I wish I worked in a smaller, quieter office. I prefer solitude when working and where I am, there are just too many dang people which leads to far too much drama. I also dream of being able to work from home at some point. This job doesn't allow for it, unfortunately.

@swazzle I love that dress!!! And we love salmon in our house! I think I'm gonna go pick some up this week and surprise the boys. We haven't had it in ages!

I loved both The Hills and The City. I was in my mid-late 20s when it came out, and I kind of relived my teenage years watching those shows. I'm a dork.

I'm not feeling terrific at all. My incision started opening this morning. Hell if I'm going in to have a stitch put back in. I was able to dig up exactly 1 butterfly suture from the entire first aid kit. Elijah used them ALL up. What the hell are you using butterfly sutures for, kid? Probably an experiment, knowing him. 
    Anyhow, it has taken me from 8:30 this morning until now to write this, because I had to write 2 words in between permits and rotten coworkers. So if I missed posts, please don't think that me not tagging you etc means I'm being a booger. I promise I'm not, and I love you all. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Oh I miss the rest of @swazzles questions. I'm wearing a pink ruffle top, grey slacks, and black flats.

Dinner plans for tonight: either Ribs or spaghetti

Emotional Outbursts: Had a doozy this morning. I've had a stomach virus since Saturday, but I had to come back in to work today. Anyhow, Noah woke me up to nurse around 4:30. I struggled through and then had to run to the bathroom. By the time I got back into bed it was almost 5:30. I desperately wanted to get that last hour of sleep before I had to come in to work sick. Unfortunately Noah wanted to fuss, and FI wasn't offering any kind of help. I finally just got up around 6:20 when Noah head butted me hard. I stomped out of the room with my towels and got in the shower.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - Thank you! How do you cook your salmon? I think it's going to become a staple in the Swazzle household. You have had such an awful time lately! I hope things turn around and you start feeling better and get some rest! 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beanbot2002 Sending vibes to your poor tummy and your hand! And vibes to Noah so he decides to stop being such a booger and instead be the sweet angel we all know he is (somewhere in there ;) )!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited June 2015
    Holy cow NEY has been busy lately.  3 pages, I have no idea how to respond to everyone.

@cocobellaf ugh, well hopefully your hormones cooperate and you can last 3 months

@swazzle and @goldenpenguin Blue Apron sounds like an awesome program.  I may have to sign up once we're settled in the house and the fridge is actually working. -- also, @swazzle love love love that dress! The color is perfect on you.

@cu97tiger sending you lots of positive job vibes!  Everytime I think something didn't go well, it is usually the opposite.  Hope you will have the same luck!

Is your Tuesday terrific so far? My Tuesday is chaotic.  I spent all morning in a meeting that was only supposed to be an hour.  So now I have to spend the rest of the day catching up.  I don't get to watch PLL tonight because we have to work on the house.  So I'll have to catch up on Hulu or wait till next week.

What are you wearing today? Burgundy dress pants with a stone colored moto jacket and nude ballet flats. Not matching underwear because I'm living out of a suitcase, and that's just not happening. (*eta I can't spell)

Plans for dinner? I have no idea. Usually Tuesdays I have dinner at my sister's.  Since I'll be working on the house, probably stop for take out somewhere. 

Emotional outbursts of any kind? Last one was Saturday.  I spent the day cleaning out the house and my bf showed up after work and said he was having a guy's night so couldn't stay long.  My eye started twitching and then I burst into tears.  The stress of my mom losing the house, our house not being done, and trying to throw a party just hit me.  So we made a list of everything we need to do, then assigned them to each day.  We didn't plan on getting any work done Sunday, but ended up working on the house in between father's day outings that we got a lot done and were able to tackle a few extra things yesterday.  Carpet installers are coming Friday at the latest. And we will move in what we can Friday evening.  After deciding all that, I am much more calm.  Hopefully no more meltdowns, I don't like when my crazy shows. 

• @speakeasy14 - You match your undies to your outfit?! Booo to missing PLL tonight :(

• @speakeasy14 - im wearing black pants and black undies today, but that  was totally an accident.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited June 2015
    @swazzle speaking of PLL - So far I'm not impressed with this season. So many unanswered questions. I saw a picture that is supposedly spoilers for the whole season.  If they're true, the season should become way more interesting.  I'm printing it out and checking off anything that actually does happen. 
  • TwoDimes said:
    Emotional outbursts of any kind? Yes. Yesterday I asked FI if he was taking any time off work before our wedding. We have a lot of OOT guests coming, so I ASSUMED he would take Thursday off to help me clean the house -- key word -- ASSUMED. He thought everything WR was pretty much finished and there wouldn't be anything to help with. So when I suggested he take Thursday and Friday before the wedding off, he said he's not sure he can get any more time off since his 2 day bach party in Vegas turned into nearly a whole week.... Great. So you get to use your vacation time to go to Vegas, and I get to use my vacation time to clean the house by myself. I may have had a small outburst. Hulk style.

(ETA - the outburst was not directed at FI. Mainly I'm just jealous. I want to get to Vegas too! No fair!)

LOL Men. So naive.

• BF used to be the same. he would get huffy if i asked him to do stuff after work. after i told him to suck it up because sometimes i have to do errands after work too, he calmed down.
    and hes not the best at noticing things that need to be done on his own, so ive started leaving my to do list on our fridge (instead of on my phone) so that way he can chip in an help with things on his own. of course he also has a separate "honey do" list of things that are just for him. :)
  • @speakeasy14 - My undies are rainbow colored today. I need to do laundry! I hope tonight is better than last week's episode. @GoldenPenguin and I weren't impressed either. 

@TwoDimes - D'aww thank you so much! You made me blush! I vote for Panda Express! I want an eggroll. 

• @swazzle that dress looks awesome on you! And I am super jealous of all of this talk of Blue Apron, but I have a severe mushroom allergy. So if anything has mushrooms I think I am SOL unless you can pick which dishes you want? Also FI and I just started watching New Girl-I love the Schmidt (sp?) gif :)

@minskat30 poor Rajah! 

@eilis1228 that happened to me recently too. I switched my birth control pills for a different brand/dosage a few months ago and the new one seems to be working for now. I might revisit other options later if this one also fails. 

@AlPacina omg my keyboard looks the same way. Must be an EE thing ;). I eat at my desk way too often. 

Is your Tuesday terrific so far? Not really. FI had an early morning meeting and woke me up earlier than I wanted to be awake, so I'm exhausted. I also was a bit preoccupied and hit the concrete wall in the parking garage this morning while parking. The damage seems minimal though, which is good. It just looks like a few scrapes and chipped paint on the very bottom of the bumper. But I felt like an idiot, especially since a coworker witnessed the whole thing. Fortunately I have never seen said coworker before, so it wasn't anybody that I knew. 

What are you wearing today? Jeans, a leopard print-esque top (it's like leopard at the top and bamboo/leaves toward the bottom...I think it's cute) and a plain tan sweater from Banana Republic, and sneakers. 

Plans for dinner? FI made sausage and peppers last night, so we will probably have leftovers. 

Emotional outbursts of any kind? I was preoccupied while parking because I had two very close calls with idiot drivers right before getting to work. They happened within seconds of each other too. Just idiots deciding they needed to be all the way to the left (when they are in the far right lane) or vice versa and cutting me off without signaling to cross over 4 lanes of traffic. I had to slam on the brakes both times. These were most likely coworkers as well as I was on our campus by this point. I am so effing sick of the terrible drivers. So I screamed....a lot....in my car.....once I stopped at a red light. I was just calming down when I hit the wall. 

• @swazzle Grey with pink lace - I can send you the spoiler picture if you'd like
  • @aurorarose41 - Thank you! There are mushrooms in one of my dishes this week, though I don't remember which. I'm not sure if you should do it when you have an allergy because I don't know how the packing goes, like if the chicken is near the mushrooms even though you're not getting mushrooms for a dish, could it affect you? I don't have allergies so I'm unfortunately no help! I don't watch New Girl, I just picked a gif that accurately portrayed my face at the moment I read some of the posts on this thread lol I'm sorry you banged up your car! When I was in AC for a certain someone's bachelorette party, I pulled over to put the top up on my car and I skimmed the curb and now my rim is all scratched up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards