Not Engaged Yet
Options

Terrific Tuesday

Re: Terrific Tuesday

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 I dunno. It just amazes me. People start doing it and immediately it's all about your temp, charts, apps, all this STUFF. I think for H it'd definitely take the fun part right out of it. In regards to the age thing, my sole conversation with my gyn about it was basically you're probably as fertile now as you were in your earlier 20s and that we'd revisit it after age 35ish.

• Options
    @labro how did you go about getting to WFH? did you just ask your boss? in fairness, ive never asked before. so for all the know, the answer might be yes and ive just been too scared to ask. :)
  • Options
    @jenjen047 yea I was temping orally as well.  It's something I don't miss. 

Anniversary

• Options
    FWIW, my mom was 33 and 36 (dad was 32 and 35) when they conceived and they got pregnant on the first month both times. my mom loves to talk about my dads magic sperm. vomit.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @jenjen047

WFH - So I didn't actually have to ask. When I started the job my manager told me she works from home on x days and I was welcome to do the same. I've been meaning to ask about additional days but now my manager has changed and he is in the office every single day. I'm not changing my WFH habits just for him (at least unless he asks me to) but I don't feel comfortable asking for a third day yet.

• Options
    I think that dress looks wonderful on you, @Swazzle.  I like the wedges you paired with it!  What is the brand, again?
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I got it through StitchFix and the tag says Pixley but when I google, it also comes up as 41 Hawthorn.

• Options
    @Swazzle - Does it run true to size?  I'd like to peek around at some of that brand (including that dress!).
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Yep! It's my usual dress size and the length is perfect for me.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @Swazzle You and that dress are so gorgeous!! <3 I made coffee and I ate a banana. I was SO disappointed.

• Options
    @swazzle I love that dress!

Anniversary

• Options

@Swazzle - I love that dress on you!

My Tuesday is meh. Not bad but not great either. My co-worker has already started to annoy me so I'm just trying to tune her out.

Today I'm wearing grey pants with a yellow top. I love these pants because they are super comfy, it's almost like wearing pajamas all day :)

I don't know what I'm going to do for dinner. Maybe chicken of some sort? It's in the freezer so I would need to remember to take it out when I go home at lunch.

No emotional outbursts but you never know what the day could bring.

• Options
    Did you all see that they think James Horner died?
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Yes, I saw that. Just last night H started telling me how he thinks that about 75% of people who fly those little planes as a hobby die in plane crashes. This this morning he forwarded me an article about James Horner and said "SEEEEE?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 - He might be right... you do see a lot of crashes in those smaller hobby planes!!
  • Options
    @Swazzle Cute dress! It's perfect for summer. Also, you and @GoldenPenguin are really selling me on Blue Apron. I may give in and sign up for it next month. I feel like FI and I are in a food rut, and I would love to make more refined, adult-ish meals too. Just scrolled and saw your pic--- WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY?!

@southernpeach89 You are the prettiest lady ever. <3

@hummingbird125 I hope you like Piyo! Totally jealous of the Blue Apron trial-- I think I'm going to sign up for the service soon because it all sounds so delicious. Sending you all the WFH vibes for Friday!

@cu97tiger I'm sorry you feel so down! I'm sure the interview went better than you think it did. It's hard to truly gauge something like that when you have so much emotionally invested in the outcome. You kick so much butt at your job, and you'll kick butt at any future job too. <3

@minskat30 Awww poor Rajah!

@labro I'm with you on TTC being such a process. It sounds so daunting!

@jenjen047 Yum cinnamon sugar! *drools* Also, I WFH home once a week, but my boss is the one who told my department to do it. She assigned us a day that we have the option to WFH or come into the office. She set it up because she was tired of commuting 5 days a week to the office, and the majority of the employees at my company get the option to WFH at least one day per week. Our department was one of the few that didn't, so she worked out a system with her boss. Does anyone else in your company/department WFH regularly? 

@GoldenPenguin YAY Two weeks until you start your new job!
    --------------------
    Is your Tuesday terrific so far? I don't know about "terrific," but it's pretty standard so far. 
    What are you wearing today? Black slacks, light pink lacy top, purple cardigan, black ballet flats. My hair is also wet because I'm a lazy bum in the morning...
    Plans for dinner? Chicken fajitas/tacos. We buy the pre-made pre-seasoned fajita meat, so it's super easy/lazy. Spinach tortilla, chicken fajita meat, salsa, and cheese. Om nom nom.
    Emotional outbursts of any kind? Not today, no, but it's only 9:20 am. I've been ridiculously emotional and sensitive lately. I finally figured out I'm PMSing, so at least I'm crazy for a reason... TMI: I have a sneaking suspicion that my body has started to get used to the hormones I'm on for my BC. Changing my cycle has become a PITA, my emotions and mood swings are CRAZY when I PMS, and my cramps have gotten significantly worse the past few months... so I'm starting to second guess my wish to switch to an IUD because holy hell I am nuts right now. I'm all weepy and moody and irritable for no reason whatsoever. My skin is going nuts too. Apparently I need the hormones to be a normal human being. Good thing my annual well woman's visit is next month...

• Options
    @eilis1228 - That would happen to me after I'd been on one pill for a year or so...  we'd have to switch it up.  Sucks!!  Hope you can get some relief.
  • Options
    @labro - I agree with you that the topic can be a turn off and stressful.  Its also why I don't follow the "give up everything" moto while TTC (especially regarding wine).  If I can't drink while TTC, I think I'd be very unpleasant to be around.      

@swazzle - LOVE the dress.  Sad about the no Celiac alternatives for Blue Apron though.  :(  
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - there is 1 person i know of that WFH. he lives like an hour away though, so there is slightly more justification for him. i live in the same city....so really there isnt a reason except that i prefer it.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF I've been on this form of BC since I was 18... so about 8 or 9 years now. I don't know why my body is suddenly like, "Um, next!" but geeeeez is it getting bad. 

@jenjen047 Well, it can't hurt to ask anyway. :) I live 20 minutes from my office, but I still have the option to WFH once a week. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 Duh. And you win at life for using a Clueless gif. :)

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Oh wow!!  Maybe your body is just changing and needs something different.  Are they they exact same pills that you've been taking?  Generics are supposed to be the same, but I can tell a difference when I get a different generic than I'm used to.
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - Thank you!  Yes, I do dress up pretty much every day like this. I love dresses...even in the winter (which I know is insane given where I live).  Ironically, I either really dress up or I'm in workout clothes/yoga pants...I don't seem to have a middle ground in my closet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards