Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's July!

How did that happen? What are you looking forward to this month? 

- Spending the 4th at @GoldenPenguin's! There will be food, fireworks, and puppies! We're going to have such a great time and I'm so excited to finally get our pups together.

- Celebrating @buddysmom80's and my birthday at her house next weekend! There will be swimming, sunning, and cupcakes! I can' wait to lay out and have a girls' weekend!

- My birthday is on the 16th and I'm turning 30. I'm not entirely decided on if I'm looking forward to that or not. What I AM looking forward to, however, is going to the Hunger Games Exhibit in Times Square and then dinner that night with H. 

- Spending the weekend after my birthday down the shore at my parents' house! We're going to the beach and renting a boat and going out to a nice dinner where I will eat ALL the seafood.

- The last weekend of the month, @beanbot2002, Sak, and @hummingbird125 are coming to my house for a BBQ and then Bean, Sak and I are driving up to @GoldenPenguin's house where we're all meeting up with @labro

I feel like I'm having a very Knottie July and I couldn't be more excited about it :)

Re: It's July!

• Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    @Swazzle - Sounds like you have an action packed July!!

@Swazzle & @Buddysmom80 - Happy Birthday in advance!

@jenjen047 - Sounds like your going to have a great July as well!

So far my July looks pretty empty.  I'm hoping that means H and I can drive around and find some land (though I'm still thinking about the 2 acres we drove past the other day).

I might have to go to NY to meet a customer of mine.  I've never been to NY, it would be for 1 night; I would be near LaGuardia and staying in that general area - so my question to the NY NEY ladies - if you had 1 night in NY, what would you recommend somebody who has never been there do?

EDIT:  Apparently trying to decide on a new signature image has just entered the 'What to do in July' list.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - They have real costumes, real props, and set recreations from the movies :) 

• Options
    @Dignity100 - If it's just 1 night and you'll be by yourself, I think I'd suggest doing a sightseeing boat tour. The city is beautiful at night and you could see a ton of the major sights from the boat. THIS would be a good option. It boards at 42nd street on the West Side so it's also not far from Times Square. Probably a 15 minute walk cross town so you could see that too. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is flying by! Your pictures are going to be beautiful.

• Options
    @Swazzle - H wants to come as well - he'll probably work from the hotel and wait for me to get back.  Thanks, I'll check it out!

@Southernpeach89 - Hope you guys have a great time at the Braves game!  The pregnancy photos are a great idea. 

Anniversary
  • Options

Man y'all have some fun shit going on!! I don't have too much except one 4th party, the GTG, and the Foo Fighters @ Fenway, and hopefully inspections on the house are good and we move forward with that.

@swazzle my bestie has your birthday! She lives in Brooklyn right now for med school rotations and she's coming home for her b-day so I'm going to play hookie and take her to the beach.

@caseface5 that slide is fucking aaaaaawesome!

@southernpeach89 Definitely, the pics will be awesome. I know it's lame but I even liked when Snooki did a belly cast thing on her show. Don't know what you'd ever DO with it but it's cute to see how big you were lol.

@jenjen047 that sounds amazing,I feel like my DH would never think to do something like a rooftop pool/ spa. He's not very creative lol. I've been dying to try Top of the Hub- have you ever been?

• Options
    @caseface5 - THAT SLIDE IS AMAZING!!!!

@jenna8984 - an ex bf of mine took me to dinner at Top of the Hub years ago. i dont remember if the food was particularly good. they do a brunch that ive heard is amazing but havent tried. yeah this is totally out of character for BF too....we are going to the Colonnade Hotel, which is right near our apartment. i think its like $30 per person to use the pool if you arent a hotel guest, but hopefully its worth it. i dont want to pay for drinks on top of that so i might be super classy and sneak in my own in a water bottle.

@southernpeach89 - cant wait to see the maternity pics! they are always so gorgeous and im sure yours will be amazing!

@cocobellaf - happy early anniversary! according to Google the traditional gift is fruit/flowers, which seems underwhelming to me after leather for the 3rd anniversary!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - We don't follow the traditional gifts.  It would have been fun, but we never got into it.  This year we aren't doing any gifts, just going to cook filet mignon at home and H has a nice dinner planned one evening.  He's hoping I get KU and get a positive pregnancy test by then, so that would be his gift I guess.  I told him not to hold his breath, it doesn't usually work like that... but that WOULD be a pretty epic gift!
  • Options
    @Labro I CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK MY MAIL!!!
  • Options
    @labro omg I had not even heard about Dave's broken leg! I LOVE him. I tried to google real quick and so far it only says Europe portion is cancelled but not US. But it only happened 2 wees ago and he's getting surgery so anything could happen. I hope he's ok and the show goes on! Even if he sat in a chair and played I'd love the shit out of it. And hello, your whole vacation sounds like perfection!

• Options
    @SouthernPeach89 I can't wait to see your pics!

@LaBro I got one last year for the kids since it was going to be hot and we don't have a pool. However by the end of the night, all the guys BF works with were drunk and they went on it a few times. Tessie ever went on it, it was a riot. 

@jenjen047 and @jenna8984 We've always wanted to try Top of the Hub but haven't yet. We've been up to the top of the Prudential a few times to the look-out but never eaten there!

@CocoBellaF Have fun at Mary Poppins!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @labro - good for you on the 10k!!!

@cocobellaf - here's hoping! either way, filet sounds noms....
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenna8984 Yeah it's horrible!!! I've only seen him once in concert but the Foo Fighters are my favorite favorite band!!!

• Options
    H mentioned a blow up jumping castle (whatever they are called) would be fun for his birthday.  I am seriously thinking about renting one.  How old are we?!?  Your picture looks like fun, @caseface5!
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Happy early birthday!  30 isn't so bad, trust me.  ;)

@caseface5 - That looks so fun! 

@southernpeach89 - Can't wait to see the pictures!

@cocobellaf - 4 years!  Time flies.

@labro - That vacation sounds awesome!

---------------------------------------
    July brings lots of outdoor time for H and I, which I love.  I usually ramp up my fitness big time in the summer because where I live is cold 60% of the time I feel and I LOVE to be outdoors.

The 4th will likely be fireworks at home.  H is looking into renting a cabin up north though at the last minute...we will see if that pans out.  

The 17th is my Mom's birthday so I'll travel for that.  The 11th is my nephew's too but my sister is doing a joint party for him and my niece in August instead.  

Other than that, lots of summer festivals, gardening and enjoying the summer!

• Options
    Morning ladies! 

@labro - I did the Peachtree 10k a whole bunch of years ago (maybe 10??). It was SO hot that day. I think it was 80 by the time I started the race. It was a cool race, though!

My July looks like this:
    Massage Thursday, haircut Friday. Then on Saturday, Mrs & Mr @tuarceatha are coming to our house for some 4th of July festivities, including fireworks.

Next weekend DH and I are driving up to NY. We'll golf with my parents and then my cousin is getting married, so it will be like a big family reunion. I'm going to see Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center on 7/16. After that, we have nothing planned. I'm trying to hook up a surprise guys weekend for DH with one of his friends. We're just nailing down which weekend and where. I hope he loves it!

For today, I'm going to enjoy the use of my arms while I still can... by the end of the day, I'll be surprised if I can lift them over my head. Also, my shoulder/neck is killing me, so I really hope the massage on Thursday helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger It is fun! I think this is my 5th year running? Definitely one of my favorite 4th of July traditions!

• Options

@eilis1228 Thanks I'm feeling pretty good about it so I hope I can keep up the momentum!

Anniversary

• Options
    Popping in to say Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian knotties!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 I'm having a hard time too. I almost cried last night and this morning because it has gone by so fast! I don't feel ready lol.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes @Swazzle @buddysmom80 Happy July birthdays to everyone!!!! Best month ever....even if you guys aren't a July Leo like me. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards