Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whatever Wednesday

Hi! 

I was off yesterday to take my car in for a service appointment and because I had a root canal on my stupid tooth. The needle sucked SO fucking bad, FYI there is not a lot of fat in your gums in the front of your mouth, it's basically bone. When the dentist got in there, he discovered that 1500mgs of antibiotics a day for 10 days wasn't enough to kick the infection's ass so he did the root canal but I have to go on antibiotics for another 10 days and then return for the filling to seal it. SIGH. I ate leftover cake and ice cream throughout the day to smother my pain and annoyance. 

This morning, I stopped at Starbucks and got my free drink and I think tomorrow on my actual birthday, I'll hit up Dunkies for my free one from them. I also get a free salad or sandwich from Au Bon Pain that I might grab for lunch today! 

H and I are going to go to dinner tonight. Not sure where yet but there better be booze involved because today's the last day I can say I'm in my 20s and that kind of bums me out. I don't need to hear anything implying that I'm being ridiculous by those of you that are older, either. I am well-aware that I'll survive turning 30 and I'm sure it's going to be fine and even great maybe. But for today, I'm going to be a little bummed out that I'm going to be 30 years old tomorrow. 

Re: Whatever Wednesday

• Options
    @Swazzle sorry to hear that you had a rough time at the dentist. Hopefully this will be the last step and your teeth won't give you any more trouble. Also yay for free birthday things!

Work is sort of becoming a clusterfuck lately and it sucks. My boss sucks, and doesn't do shit (I think I have mentioned this before.) Well now a bunch of the shit he didn't do is all crumbling down and he can't get out of it. We've got two grievances going on and it's just sucky. I want to take a vacation day just to go sit on the beach and get away from it all for a day, and I can't because there is drama concerning the support staff all being out on the same day, and they are all off this Thursday and Friday and next Thursday and Friday, and my immediate coworker is off all next week, so I was denied time. 

It's not bad enough that I want to leave. The job itself is amazing, and it's 2 miles from my house. I know my boss is not long for this place, he came in wanting to be the next Superintendent and was denied the chance to apply and they hired the HS principal, so we think he's looking elsewhere, I just wish he would look faster!!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Swazzle - OMG.  That sucks about your root canal.  Cake and ice cream sounds like the perfect way to end that kind of a day.  And you should get all the free stuff on your birthday!!  You have the best birthday... I always remember it because it's my wedding anniversary.  It's an especially awesome day.

I am feeling the "whatever" today.  I am experiencing my first PMDD off of hormonal BCPs.  All I can say is THANK GOD we upped my Prozac.  I am so proud because I went home after a 10 hour work day yesterday, cried a little bit, but then made an easy dinner, did a 48 min PiYo with H, cleaned the kitchen, watered the plants and garden, and had a conversation with my mom... all without having a breakdown.  Normally PMDD means going home and crying in bed all night while eating carbs uncontrollably and telling myself how awful I am, how H has the worst wife in the world and would be better off without me, how fat and ugly I am, how nasty my hair is, etc..  I'm just being real right now.  I am ready for my period to start so that my PMDD symptoms will subside, but I have a couple more days left.  Sad because our 4 year anniversary is tomorrow, but oh well.

So far today I haven't cried, so that's awesome.  My coffee is gone already (WAH) but I brought a decaf K-cup and as soon as someone with a Keurig in their office gets here, I'm going to brew that baby.
  • Options
    @Swazzle that totally sucks about having to wait to get your root canal sealed because of the infection. I hope that these next 10 days fly by. Enjoy all the free goodies though! 

@caseface5 Sorry work has been annoying lately. Hopefully you can get a break in there soon.

So we are officially signed up to get our blinds installed. DH is picking them up today and HD will come out and install them this week. YAY!!!

Last night we had a huge storm and it blew the umbrella off of our patio table! It was kind of scary since it hit our window...luckily nothing was broken.

I'm making this dish called Angel Chicken tonight. I'm interested to see how it comes out. The chicken cooks all day in this creamy white sauce and you can eat it with pasta or whatever you please. 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ugh @Swazzle that really sucks! I would be miserable too. I think it's totally understandable that you feel a little bummed about turning 30- lots of people feel that way and you're allowed to feel however you want. I was really not happy when I turned 25 and people thought I was ridiculous. I'm turning 29 in a couple months and I know I'm young but seriously the older I get life seems to go by faster and it's kind of fucking scary. 

ETA: I mean your root canal & antibiotics suck- not turning 30 haha I did not proofread that before I posted it!

• Options
    @Swazzle - I'm sorry to hear about your tooth :( That sounds awful! And I think you are allowed to be bummed for a day about turning 30. Enjoy all your free stuff!

@caseface5 - Your boss sucks. Sorry you couldn't get time off :(

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry you're going through PMDD, but glad it seems to be going better than normal. I know you know this but figure it can't hurt to remind you that you are beautiful and wonderful and H is lucky to have you. **hugs**
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @caseface5 -  My mom works for a junior high and her principal is the worst.  Everyone hates him and wishes he'd move on.  It's sad how that kind of boss can make you just want to quit life!!

@southernpeach89 - Do you have a link to this Angel Chicken?  It sounds interesting.

@jenjen047 - Thank you.  After I get my period I always look back and can't believe that I said/thought those kinds of things so I'm just repeating to myself that it will pass.  It will pass.  IT WILL PASS.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @southernpeach89 That Angel chicken recipe sounds delicious! Send us a link please!!!

• Options
    @Southernpeach89 I'm interested in this Angel Chicken too!

• Options
    @LaBro - No supplement right now.  We are going to try an estrogen patch next cycle.  I'm scared because the last time I tried an estrogen patch it made it worse, but my GYN thinks that it shouldn't do that again since I'm off hormonal BCP.  After that, I don't know.  Doubling my Prozac has helped but we she doesn't want to increase it anymore at this point.
  • Options
    @SouthernPeach89 I third the request for recipe! Also, woohoo for HD getting their shit together.

@LaBro have fun with your OOT friends. 

@CocoBellaF it's all about little victories. I don't really know much about PMDD but hugs!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle - I'm sorry about your root canal (and infection).  Happy early birthday though!

@CocoBellaF  - Awww, I'm so sorry you are feeling the PMDD.  You and I are right on the same cycle I feel...I'm due in a few days.  I hope those days pass quickly for you and your period comes so you aren't feeling sad anymore.  Huge hugs.  

@caseface5 - Hugs!  I'm sorry work is so stressful.

@labro - Yum, peach cobbler.  I want to come!  :)

@jenjen047 - Can't wait for your AW!

--------------------------------------------

I'm feeling pretty good this morning.  Work is going to be a zoo but I got a good night sleep with zero interruptions from our monster dog!  :)  H and I made black beans and quinoa on Sunday and that has been my yummy dinner every night since so I'm looking forward to more of that tonight plus Harry Potter reading plus early sleep.  Now...if only work would do itself, eh?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @jenjen047 Congrats on finding your venue! Tell us about it!! Any pictures??

• Options
    @jenjen047 Can't wait to see the venue AW!

@minskat30 I am starting DH tonight. I wanted to last night but I had a party to go to, but I feel like I can't read it fast enough!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @caseface5 - You can watch a YouTube video interviewing a lady who suffers from PMDD.  Her experience is very similar to mine, including the thoughts of hurting yourself.  It is a very dark place.  LINK  I used to be really embarrassed of it and try to hide it, but it relieves some of the internal pressure to just admit it.  Once we found the right hormonal BCP, it was better and I could at least function enough to go work (no hurting thoughts and no hiding in the closet hitting myself in quite a long time, maybe a year and a half).  
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Pictures of your venue!!
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @CocoBellaF I'm glad your learning to live with it and are feeling good about it. I can't watch the video now (in an office and sound can be heard) but I will when I get home because I would love to understand it more. 

ETF Words.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @caseface5 - I hope things settle down for you at work! That sucks that your day off was denied :(

@CocoBellaF - Are you guys doing anything special for your anniversary? Do you follow the traditional gifts thing?

@southernpeach89 - Take before/after pics to share with the rest of the class! Your dinner sounds amazing!

@lavenderfields13 - It is SO scary how fast time flies, I'm with you. Funny enough, I posted something on FB 8 years ago about "old age settling in". I'd like to smack 21-going-on-22 year old Swazzle right about now.

@labro - ELEVEN DAYS! EEEEEEEEEE! I can't wait! The first thing we're doing? Playing Telestrations.

@jenjen047 - That's an incredible price! Share pics if you can!

• Options
    @Swazzle - We don't follow the traditional gifts.  We both got each other something small (like, I got him a double decker Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookie because he loved those when he was a kid) and he said he got me something for like $5.  We are going out to eat on Friday and I can't wait to eat ALL THE FOOD AND ALL THE DESSERT.  The funeral for my great-uncle is tomorrow and then I'm helping host a bridal shower after I teach piano lessons, so we really won't see each other on the anniversary day.  We'll make up for it on Friday though!! 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @Swazzle EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Options
    It's an icky rainy day where I wish I was inside snuggling with kitties.  I hope the work day passes by soon enough though.  I made pumpkin ravioli for dinner last night they were so good, and I leftovers for lunch.  I want to eat them now.  I am so sick of studying but I'm taking as much time as I can to take as many quizzes as possible. None of my clothes really fit well anymore and I feel so uncomfortable today. It is really is the perfect day to stay in with no make up and sweatpants on.    There is also an ice cream social later on at work today, so I'm looking forward to a little bit of ice cream later. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - How did you make the pumpkin ravioli?  That sounds really yummy!!  Have you started buying any maternity clothes yet?  Or get a belly band?
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - That is sweet! I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle. 

@Peaseblossom55 - It hadn't started raining when I came to work but it looks miserable out now. Enjoy the ice cream social!

• Options
    @swazzle - That royally sucks about the doctor's visit. And no preaching from me on turning 30. I remember being unmarried, making shit money, and wondering what I was doing with my life when I turned 29. It was NOT a good time. I do know that I will be welcoming you to the 30 club with open arms tomorrow, though! :)

@southernpeach89 - Recipe link for this Angel Chicken, please!

I'm on day 3 of no added sugar (for me that means no Coke, no chocolate/sweets) and feel pretty good. I had a half a glass of apple juice this morning and two bites of an apple turnover before I realized that probably counted as sweets. Still, my sugar intake is WAY lower than normal, so I'm counting that as a win.

One of my employees is off this week and I'm backing him up. I'm getting BOMBARDED by emails. My head is seriously spinning. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be like this for the next few weeks. Tonight, DH has a meeting, so he's going to make our last Blue Apron dinner (Chicken & Basil Fettuccine) and then I'm going to try to get some stuff done around the house.

We've been having a really hard time adulting lately. We need to adjust our budget, we need to get some work done around the house, we need to figure out how to not HATE meal planning. It's all just been really hard :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

@swazzle UGH I’m sure root canals are terrible! I hate everything about the dentist – it gives me so much anxiety. Enjoy all of your free birthday things! I think it’s totally fine to feel a little bummed about your last day of your 20’s – then you get to really enjoy your first day of your 30’s! J

@caseface5 Boo for being denied time!!!

@CocoBellaF HUGS. I’m sure it’s hard, but WTG for not being embarrassed by it and finding a way to live with it and be happy! J

@southernpeach89 Your angel chicken sounds delicious!

@labro Peach cobbler YUM! You guys are making me hungry!

@jenjen047 That’s an awesome deal!! So exciting to get that feeling that you’ve found the right place!

----------------------------------------

Today is better with my students, although it is hard to help so many of them that all REALLY struggle with math. Thank goodness it’s HUMP DAY and I only have 2 more days this week!

I’m getting a little cranky with the event coordinator at the hotel we want. It took her 2 days to get back to me (I e-mailed her Friday and she didn’t reply until yesterday). I was waiting for her response to request a contract, which I asked for yesterday morning. I’m really hoping she sends it to me today, since tomorrow is the last day of our hold on the date. I just want to get the contract signed so that we have a real venue and date!!!

FI and I are going home to MD this weekend for dinner with all of our parents on Sunday night. I’m looking forward to it – they’ve all met but briefly so it’ll be good for them to chat more before all of the wedding festivities really get started!

Also, I got paid today. Apparently teachers don’t contribute to their retirement during the summer (…?) so my paycheck was like $100 higher than normal. I’m not complaining! J

• Options

@swazzle UGH I’m sure root canals are terrible! I hate everything about the dentist – it gives me so much anxiety. Enjoy all of your free birthday things! I think it’s totally fine to feel a little bummed about your last day of your 20’s – then you get to really enjoy your first day of your 30’s! J

@caseface5 Boo for being denied time!!!

@CocoBellaF HUGS. I’m sure it’s hard, but WTG for not being embarrassed by it and finding a way to live with it and be happy! J

@southernpeach89 Your angel chicken sounds delicious!

@labro Peach cobbler YUM! You guys are making me hungry!

@jenjen047 That’s an awesome deal!! So exciting to get that feeling that you’ve found the right place!

----------------------------------------

Today is better with my students, although it is hard to help so many of them that all REALLY struggle with math. Thank goodness it’s HUMP DAY and I only have 2 more days this week!

I’m getting a little cranky with the event coordinator at the hotel we want. It took her 2 days to get back to me (I e-mailed her Friday and she didn’t reply until yesterday). I was waiting for her response to request a contract, which I asked for yesterday morning. I’m really hoping she sends it to me today, since tomorrow is the last day of our hold on the date. I just want to get the contract signed so that we have a real venue and date!!!

FI and I are going home to MD this weekend for dinner with all of our parents on Sunday night. I’m looking forward to it – they’ve all met but briefly so it’ll be good for them to chat more before all of the wedding festivities really get started!

Also, I got paid today. Apparently teachers don’t contribute to their retirement during the summer (…?) so my paycheck was like $100 higher than normal. I’m not complaining! J

Truth! I do payroll for a school. It's considered above and beyond your contract, therefore not subject to pension. Hope you get your contract today!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@cocobellaF Sorry I didn't make the ravioli, they were actually from MIL, she came to visit us on Sunday morning and gave some to me.  She does get them from a local farmer's market though. 

I have one or two maternity dresses, otherwise nothing else yet.  I am going to have the hardest time finding maternity pants I can fit in and wear, so I am trying to hold out on buying for as long as possible.  I have a bella band, it doesn't quite work with wearing a suit today and most of my work attire consists of pant suit sets. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @Knockonwood5127 I so remember the anxious feelings with wedding planning- I wanted all my vendors to reply to me ASAP and constantly checked my email for new emails from them! Signing the contracts for the major ones is such relief. Hope she sends you the contract very soon so you can get that checked off!

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - You'll probably have to invest in some mix-and-match maternity pieces.  Dresses are pretty great, I've heard.  One day, maybe you'll share a bump picture with us!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards