Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whatever Wednesday

Re: Whatever Wednesday

• Options

@swazzle hope your infection is completely cleared up this time around! I just turned 30 in March and it was weird for sure. You have all these memories of how great life was being 22 and living it up. But then you're like well...I haven't really done those things in years so I'm really not missing out on them anyways. I have read interviews with celebrities in their late 30's such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon who say that they are so much more confortable with their current selves and would never want to go back to being 22. And I kind of agree with them, I am a lot more at peace with my body, my relationships, my values.

@caseface5 Darn, I hope he quits soon!

@cocobellaf I had to google PMDD because I had not heard of it. I am sorry you have to deal with that, and I'm glad the prozac is helping and that you can share about it.

@southernpeach89 Still waiting on that Angel chicken recipe.....

@jenjen047 Woooooo! That price is seriously amazing for Boston!! Great work!

@minskat30 We bought quinoa to try for the first time this week. Haven't made it yet!

Our plant manager is leaving so we're all going out to a hotel bar for some appetizers after work as a going away thing. Kinda sucks because Monday I went to BFF's for dinner and last night H was called into work so it will be the third night not having dinner together which is so rare for us. Oh, also I just found out that my old company is literally ditching everyone in accounting and bringing it all to corporate office so 250 people divided among 50 locations are losing their jobs. I'm sad for them but very glad I got out of there when I did!

• Options
    @knockonwood5127 - Where in MD? 

@peaseblossom55 - Yes to bump pictures! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @jenna8984 - I hadn't heard of it either until I was diagnosed.  A lot of people haven't, or they think that it isn't a real thing.
  • Options
    @cocobellaF It's mostly that I am way too small for adult sized pants to fit me without a lot of money for tailoring. Sadly there is no market for children's sized maternity clothes. We will see what I can find, shirts won't be a problem.  I will share a pic of a bump when I have one.  Right now it's mostly bloat & I look like the girl who is lazy and enjoys cake, although partially true ;-)

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - I would have the same problem, since I'm also very petite.  Not as petite as you, but enough to have a problem.  I plan on getting lots of stretchy skirts (like from Old Navy and Target) and dresses.  It's a tough life being small, huh??  :)
  • Options
    See it's only bloat right now.  This was yesterday actually.

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle ouch, root canal's are the worst.  That really sucks that you have to be on antibiotics longer.  Even though you eat yogurt daily, I would double up so you don't get another infection.  Also, you celebrate your last day of your 20s as long as you want. 

@caseface5 hopefully your boss isn't there much longer.  Bad bosses can ruin even a perfect job.  

@cocobellaf I'm glad that your symptoms aren't that bad this time, even if  it mainly because of the extra Prozac. PMDD is terrifying.  Hopefully you can enjoy your anniversary together!

@southernpeach89 yay for blinds! What kind did you get?  I'm on the hunt for blinds now, but don't want to spend a crazy amount since we have so many windows. 

@jenjen047 that's exciting! Definitely aw once you make a decision!

@labro mmmmm peach cobbler.  I wish I had easy access to Georgia peaches, nothing compares to the flavor. Guess I have to suck it up and settle for Pennsylvania peaches.   

@minskat30 that sounds like a perfect evening, hopefully work isn't to chaotic. 

@peaseblossom55 pumpkin ravioli, yum! I usually make mine with butternut squash, but have to wait a few more months for that.

It is raining pretty heavy here; lots of flash flood warnings.  We have custom umbrellas that we give out at the office for guests and employees, naively expecting people to return them.  Of course they are never returned and yesterday we ran out of umbrellas while two really important guests were trying to leave the building.  So today I get to deal with angry people who forgot their own umbrellas. 

Day 2 of invisalign - not in as much pain, but that could be the motrin talking.  

Tile for the bathroom starts today.  We had a slight delay because of course the plumbing was all screwed up in the bathroom and had to be redone.  I can't wait until this house is finished, because at least we will know that everything is up to date and correct.

Now to go shopping on Amazon since its Prime day and there are supposed to be amazing deals.  

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - Awwww!!  You'll be popping soon!  You're going to be such a cute mama.
  • Options
    @cocobellaF yes it is.  I found a dress in Old Navy and two in Target online. 

Anniversary

• Options

@knockonwood5127 I admire anyone who can be a teacher. I would never have the patience.

@speakeasy14 We are bummed because we were specifically looking to get some big ticket items on Amazon like treadmill and the items we want are not on sale! Boo.

• Options
    @jenna8984 that's what I'm seeing... it's kind of a disappointing sale. 
  • Options
    casey1219casey1219 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle A few of my work friends turned 30 this year. All of them felt the same way you do today. I think it's totally normal. I hope you have a great day, though.

@CocoBellaF I'm making an appointment with my doctor to discuss the possibility of PMDD in a few weeks. Our symptoms sound so much alike, and I hadn't even considered that being an option until my cousin asked me about it. Hope you feel better soon.

Today, it's raining and gloomy here. It's been that way all week so far, and I don't think it's supposed to change. I still feel kinda weak after that doctor's appointment disaster yesterday, and I'm not feeling like getting anything done today.

Really, I should be working in my classroom, but I still have three weeks of break left, and I just can't really muster up any energy to go. I figure I'll go once I have a chance to hit up Target and buy the few things I really need for the room. Kindergarten kiddos go through SO much stuff in a year, and I have to replenish my stockpile a few times during the year.

BF is working about an hour away today, and we'll have church tonight if he gets off work. I feel yucky, so I may stay home. Hoping that some rest will make me feel better.
  • Options
    @casey1219 - If you want to chat about it, feel free to PM me.  
  • Options
    @swazzle boo dental! And I'm dreading 30 also {i have just over 2yrs left} Idk why, maybe because it's such a mile stone? You're a trooper, so you'll do great :)

Even though we planned on dinner tonight for Matt's bday - since we're going to a concert - he wanted to go out on his actual bday. He got money, so that's what he used. {fyi I felt awful he paid but his justification "birthday money is spent how I want to. Eating." lol}

We planned on browsing Best Buy, Home Outfitters and PetSmart, but after leaving Best Buy we could see black ominous clouds .... so we headed home.
    {side note: does anyone have Nest or something along those lines? Does it work? Is it worth it? We're looking at it for when we buy a house and not sure}

I had bought strawberry rhubarb pie last weekend and never got eaten, so we had that as dessert at home.

Not much else. We really need to work on centerpieces .... but I have little motivation to do it. I may start some while Matt's at a football game Friday night ..
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 We got white faux wood. We thought about getting real wood but it was just too expensive.
  • Options
    I'm really annoyed about Prime Day. It's hurting my eyes and the deals are shit.

• Options
    Swazzle said:

I'm really annoyed about Prime Day. It's hurting my eyes and the deals are shit.

You said it, sister. I had a feeling it would be that way, my hopes were way low lol
  • Options
    @everyone pissed about Prime day, walmart is supposedly having competing sales, going to their site now. 
  • Options
    Prime day sucks. End of story. I kinda figured they were talking a big game, but I really wanted to believe it was gonna be awesome.

@speakeasy14 good to know. I'm game for trying anything that lets me buy what I don't need at a cheaper price.
  • Options
    I wish I had been paying better attention when I first started browsing this morning/ I would have gotten a Kindle for $49. But I missed it and now it's $69 so I think I'm going to pass. I use my iPad to read now and the only time that's a problem is when it's really hot out and I'm at the beach. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - I can't get on the Walmart site. Any luck for you?

• Options
    @swazzle it keeps crashing on me, but from what I've seen, nothing great.  $69 still isn't bad for the kindle, I have the Fire and think I paid $180 for it. 
  • Options
    @eilis1228 It definitely isn't as bad as braces. I've been able to eat normal food with only a slight discomfort.  I had braces as a kid, and remember eating soup and applesauce for the first month.  And what is this office wine delivery!?! That sounds amazing.

side note, we discovered last night that the Cluck-U (wing place) near our house delivers beer.  We're about 5 miles away from a college campus, and the guy placing our order said that once school is in session they do deliveries until 3:00am.  For Pennsylvania's strict liquor/beer laws, I was surprised they're allowed to do this. No complaints here though.  
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 I think I've refreshed my e-mail 1 million times this morning. I know I'm bring impatient, but I keep worrying that she could just say "Oh sorry, that day is no longer available" for whatever reason if we haven't signed a contract yet!

@cu97tiger We're both from Carroll County, not far from Frederick, MD.

@jenna8984 Sometimes they make me *almost* go BSC, especially the BOYS. Teenage boys are the absolute worst. If I could teach at an all-girls school, I absolutely would.

@casey1219 You only have 3 more weeks left??? Do you go back early August? We don't start until Aug 31st, work week starts the 24th.

@eilis1228 That's what I was thinking, that if it took her a few days to get back to me that they would give us a few more days on the hold to sign the contract. I don't know how long to take reading over the contract - is it a page? 100 pages? Full of legal terminology or not so much? I just want it now!

@everyone Thanks for the heads up on Prime Day - I won't bother!
  • Options
    @knockonwood5127 Yes. Teachers start back on August 3rd. My district does staggered enrollment, so my new littles start coming in on the 10th for one hour appointments so that we can assess them and find out where they are. Our "official" start day with all our kinders is the 21st. We do a week's worth of staggered enrollment after the one hour appointments so the kids get adjusted to coming to school.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 Ahhhh venue AW PLZ!!

@swazzle I am serious about birthdays, so I'm really sorry that you're having such a rough time, right before your 30th. I hope tomorrow is much better!!

I had an amazing time this past weekend with @jenjen047, @lavenderfields13, and @jenna8984 (we missed you, @caseface5!). Skirt I bought at H&M, by the way? I've worn it twice already. I seriously had a blast with you all, and hopefully we'll be able to hang out another time!!

So ... one of the reasons I haven't been around is that I've been in the midst of a pretty horrible depression. I've finally made the very difficult decision to leave grad school with my master's degree. I'll be here for another couple of weeks while I wrap up and clean up, and then I'm done. I might stick around as an instructor to teach discussion sections in the fall, since the kinds of jobs I want will post openings in November and December, so it'll help pay the bills for a bit while I'm job hunting. But we'll see; I've already talked to my boss about it, and I'm waiting to meet with the program coordinator and the head of the program so I can officially make the transition.

It was a really hard decision to make, especially since I'm four years into this program, but I'm desperately unhappy and my health just keeps getting worse and worse. My health would be shit anyway, but school contributes. I have a ridiculously irregular schedule and my stipend hardly covers anything besides rent and bills; add stress to the equation and it becomes absurdly difficult to exercise regularly, eat right, or get enough sleep.

And the fact that a PhD is a research degree, and I want to teach and not do research? Yeah.

I'm still kind of reeling from the decision, and I'm waiting to tell friends, family, and my classmates until everything is official. It's one thing I learned from wedding planning: it's SO much easier to deal with people if you make a decision before people can comment on it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Oh, @phira. Hugs hugs hugs. Such a tough decision, but you've got to make the one that's right for YOU.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards