Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tired Tuesday

Re: Tired Tuesday

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 We didn't use a suite, and we like ... ZERO cared. No one will notice, and you probably won't either. The invitations we loved on Minted didn't come with matching save the dates, so it was an easy decision for us. We had a "theme" (navy blue), so the save the dates and invitations were the same color scheme. But that was it.

@knockonwood5127 We didn't have a videographer and we don't regret it. However, neither one of us likes watching video of ourselves (and J actually can't even look at photos of himself comfortably), so it wasn't a good use of our budget.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Best invention ever.... clear labels. I did the STD and RSVP card address labels in a handwriting font and printed them onto clear labels... I bet no one looked at them twice.

Also, I printed address for the invites directly onto the invitation envelopes. I remember staying late at work to use the printer there ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @Swazzle - I have trouble falling asleep when I'm home alone as well! I pretty much always sleep with a tv show on in the background because otherwise I imagine all sorts of terrifying noises!

@southernpeach89 - The nursery looks great!

@jenjen047 - Yay for getting a contract! That is exciting! Don't stress too much about coordinating STDs and invites. I don't think any wedding I've been to coordinated STDs and invites.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday my best friend called to chat which was nice because we haven't talked in awhile. She wanted my advice because an old friend from high school who she sort of dated on and off for awhile texted her out of the blue last night asking if she wanted to get together and talk because he's going through some rough times. Which would be fine if he wasn't married to her college roommate and hadn't just had a baby. Every time he texts her since he got married it's something inappropriate. For example, he texted "Wish you were here" while he was on his honeymoon! And has also told her he regrets getting married so soon and that him and his wife are having problems. Anyway, she wants to be a good friend for him but doesn't want to get in the middle of things. I told her that when he comes to town, if she does want to meet up with him to catch up she should agree to meet him in a public place and invite our other mutual friend along.

Today at work is pretty boring. Even the phones have been quiet which almost never happens. So I'm on TK and researching venues. I'm not really sure how many venues FI and I need to look at though. The two I have tours scheduled for seem to have everything we want but maybe I need to find one more as a back up? 

• Options
    @bethsmiles - Ugh.  That sucks for your friend.  Honestly, I'd steer clear or invite others along if she does meet up with him.  As far as venues, I think I priced out nine or ten and we visited five.  I don't know why we visited so many since I knew H would go happy crazy over the Planetarium but H's mom was in town from India and she wanted to see the options.  Go with your gut if you feel like the ones you have tours for have everything you want.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Your video is amazing!! Looks like a movie!!! While I would love to have something like that from our wedding day, I can't imagine the money that we'd have to spend to get it. Sounds like you got a good deal if they started doing commercials after your wedding!!

@bethsmiles Sounds like a tough situation for your friend. I had an ex that used to say inappropriate things like that whenever we were both dating different people - I eventually had to just stop talking to him.
  • Options
    @twodimes @cu97tiger @phira @bethsmiles - thanks for the input!!

@caseface5 - yay for vacation! are you going to be near Portland? 

@bethsmiles - yeahhhhh that guy sounds like trouble. its nice that your friend wants to be there for him, but i definitely agree that they shouldn't meet alone. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes @AlPacina Both of you are on my favorites list! <3

• Options
    labro said:
    @TwoDimes @AlPacina Both of you are on my favorites list! <3
    WHAT ABOUT ME?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @jenjen047 It's Rome, ME. Not sure how close to Portland it is?
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    I feel like I have an insanely long favorite list.  I'm really bummed that most of my vacation time this year will be spent on our India trip...and that I committed to a friend's party on August 8th like two months ago (I seriously thought about flying out to the NY G2G).  I've said it before but I'd love to meet you gals in person.  I feel like I would laugh more than I've laughed before when I finally do meet all of you. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger OF COURSE! That goes without saying!

• Options
    @labro which lake are you going to? We went to Seneca, and there's one winery there you have to go to because of the name. 

@jenjen047 So exciting! And yeah, your std doesn't have to match anything.  

@minskat30 I think I'm going to make my own curtains, so just need to hunt for blinds.  I really don't understand why they are so much money. 
  • Options
    @caseface5 - yea....not close to portland haha my sister lives in portland so i have some restaurant recommendations but since you won't be near there i guess i will hold on to them for next time ;)

@twodimes - VEGAS FTW

@minskat30 - OMG THAT VIDEO IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! you are stunning and the video gave me goosebumps.  now i feel like i need to have this! your cake is amazing. was that real lace on it? also the venue is incredible. basically i love all of this and i could go on forever.
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    TwoDimes said:
    minskat30 said:
    I feel like I have an insanely long favorite list.  I'm really bummed that most of my vacation time this year will be spent on our India trip...and that I committed to a friend's party on August 8th like two months ago (I seriously thought about flying out to the NY
     G2G).  I've said it before but I'd love to meet you gals in person.  I feel like I would laugh more than I've laughed before when I finally do meet all of you. 
    VEGAS G2G. 2016. PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!
    image image
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    edited July 2015
    @speakeasy14 We are going to Seneca Lake too! Which winery is it?

• Options
    @labro Pompous Ass; their mascot is a donkey.  --- other wineries that were not as entertaining but were beautiful - Ventosa, Fox Run, and Belhurst Castle (that's where we stayed, explore the castle part if you can). 
  • Options
    @minskat @jenjen047 @AlPacina @knockonwood5127 - I think my friend is honestly still wavering on whether or not she'll even meet up with him but if she does she definitely is going to drag along our other friend. She is super sweet and doesn't like to hurt people's feelings but she's been growing more of a back bone lately and just telling people to fuck off when she doesn't want to associate with them anymore. I think it's just harder with him because we were all such good friends, there's a lot of history there so she doesn't want to throw away the friendship if she doesn't have to.

• Options
    caseface5 said:
    @jenjen047 It's Rome, ME. Not sure how close to Portland it is?
    Not close to Portland - but SO CLOSE TO MY HOMETOWN!!! Like, half an hour!! How funny is that!

I'm just here to talk about some of the wedding things.

Save the dates matching invites - nah, totally not important. My save the dates were photo cards, and my invitations were watercolor. 

Videographer - I was told by a couple people that I needed to have one or I'd regret it. I didn't think it was necessary. My photog ended up doing a fusion video with music and my MOH's speech overlaid with video he shot and some pictures. I absolutely LOVED it. Maybe see if that's something your photog can do, or look for one who does something similar? Mine - LINK

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @jenjen047 - Awwww, thank you!  The lace on the cake with the flowers was actually frosting/fondant (our baker was kind of amazing...a friend of a friend actually who was just starting up with wedding cakes).  The lace on the kransakaka cake (a traditional Danish wedding cake) was real lace though.  :) 
  • Options
    @AlPacina - YAY!!!! I hope you love it! @GoldenPenguin is doing the soba salad this week too. What's your other meal? I'm making the squid ink pasta with shrimp tomorrow night and then I'll have the stuffed poblano peppers either on Thursday or Friday. 

• Options
    @alpacina Love that room inspiration! Can't wait to see your final project! Also, yay for piano. I wish we could have taken my bf's piano, unfortunately our house is too small. 
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin Really? How cool! Between that and us just missing each other by a day at the Sox I think the universe is trying to tell us something... 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@Swazzle - I will also have those poblano peppers. It's kind of a bummer that wanting certain vegetarian meals switches you to all vegetarian, because they had some grilled cheese sandwiches as an option that looked AMAZING! So I've decided I'm just going to try and make the sandwiches anyway this weekend since the recipe is on their site...... Do you typically freeze the meat that you're not going to use right away? Are there any instructions/suggestions on what can stay in the fridge?

@Speakeasy14 - That's such a bummer that the piano wouldn't fit in your place! Do you play?

• Options
    @alpacina - I went all veggie this week, so I'm doing the grilled cheeses!! I'm SO excited for them!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @alpacina - I went all veggie this week, so I'm doing the grilled cheeses!! I'm SO excited for them!
    Luckyyyyy!!!

• Options
    @AlPacina - Those grilled cheeses looked amazing! I also don't like that you can't just choose any 3 meals. I don't really understand why, either. I get my delivery on Monday and I've never frozen anything. I've eaten my 3rd meal of the week as late as Sunday many weeks and everything has always been fine. I'd say if you're pushing into the 2nd week, you might want to freeze the meat at that point. I'm not sure what to do about the veggies and all to keep them from going bad. This is what they say about it (and includes storage tips): CLICK

• Options
    @alpacina very very basic; my bf is the musician.  He has an electric organ so we have that and his guitars and violin.  Basically our guest room is really the music room.  But it still isn't the same as the piano. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards