Not Engaged Yet

Tired Tuesday

Good morning, ladies! I'm sleepy today. 

I made dinner last night (Blue Apron Vietnamese Chicken Wings with Lemongrass Brown Rice), ate, and then read for a little bit before watching the Bachelorette while texting with @hummingbird125

H had a very late hockey game last night (11pm) and I have a really hard time falling asleep when he's not home because I'm a weirdo who has a wild imagination. It doesn't help that I'm currently reading a book about a serial killer. So I had a hard time falling asleep and then when I finally did, I feel like I woke up repeatedly. I heard H come in around 1am, woke up once or twice more randomly, and then again when his alarm went off at 4am. By the time my alarm went off at 5:10, I was ready to smash things. 

It's going to be a long day! 

I'm supposed to go into the city for dinner tonight with my cousin and a friend of our family. I don't really feel like going but it's at a very convenient restaurant right across the river so I don't have much of an excuse not to go. I'll probably get home around 9 and get ready for bed right away because I am an old lady. 

Re: Tired Tuesday

• Yikes! That sounds like a rough night. I am right with you in the weirdo category though. Did you ever watch The Ring? Sometimes I imagine that the girl with the long hair is crawling creepily out of our closet and making her way over to the bed and it usually starts with some strange noise that gets my imagination rolling that direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X9qXTvKNQ

This video did not help me feel better about my closet either.
  • @southernpeach89 - It's perfect! I love it so much! You and @labro did SUCH an amazing job! Also, Baby PINEAPPLE today! 

• @Swazzle - I am tired today, too...  Yesterday I wanted to smash things, but today isn't quite as bad.  I tried to go to bed early last night (like by 8:00 or 8:30) because I was exhausted, but my dad texted me around 9:00 and then called at 10:30 with some family news.  RAWR.

It stormed last night and today.  I'm glad because it means I don't need to water my grass or garden for a few more days!  All about saving on my water bill.

I have a day full of meetings.  9:00-11:00 and then 1:00-3:00.  This afternoon I'm getting together with @futuremrshistorian for mani/pedi time before she moves out of state.  I'm still trying to talk her into meeting Baxter and Bella.  :)

@southernpeach89 - I love the nursery!!!  I can't wait to see pictures of it all finished.  And baby pineapple!  Ah!!!
  • Morning ladies! 

@SouthernPeach89 The nursery looks great! You and @LaBro put in work! 

Last night BF went with his two buddies up to NH to see 311, so I had the house to myself and Tessie. I got home from work, cleaned up a little, then sat and read to my hearts content until about 8. Then the quiet through the house got real loud, so we snuggled and watched SYTYCD. We went to bed about 10:30ish and BF got home around 1. Tessie was so happy to see him so I got woken up too since she refused to stop kissing him. It was cute. We were both tired this morning so tired Tuesday is totally fitting. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 Yay I love it!

@swazzle I hate when H  has late hockey games and I go to bed alone.  I irrationally worry someone will break into the house or something.

I have meetings all day today.  I also have to run out during lunch to my OB for blood work.  I don't even know what it's for either.  I am exhausted and crabby.  My back is hurting and I didn't sleep well.  My back has been sore since yesterday really. I have off work tomorrow and Thursday so I can study and test.  I take the test on Thursday.  I really really really hope I pass this thing.

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger I hate those convos too, but they always work out to be great!

@jenjen047 I saw the FB pic you put up and I can totally picture watching by your venue but I can't think of when/why I did.. LOL. Last night I was like "I KNOW I've walked by there!!" Is the hotel near the Revere Hotel??

@minskat30 free concerts are awesome!
    friends tv show funy
  • Good luck passing @peaseblossom55 - I'm sure you will do great!

@jeanjen047 - Yeah for finalizing the venue!!!
  • @peaseblossom55 Good luck!! You will do great!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @peaseblossom55 - Good luck on your test Thursday!!

I used to have trouble sleeping when H isn't home, but it's gotten better over the past year or so.  Thankfully, he isn't out really late very often and it's normally on the weekends, so I just Netflix until I get so tired I can't keep my eyes open anymore.
  • Morning everyone!

@swazzle I hate nights like that! Happens to me every once in a while too. GRR

@southernpeach89 Your nursery looks awesome!! I’m sure it’s so exciting to have it all coming together!

@jenjen047 So exciting!!! We had some revisions to make to our contract, but we are hoping to have it signed this week too!

@peaseblossom55 Good luck studying!!!

----------------------------------

FI and I started e-mailing photographers yesterday, now that we finally have a date! We found one that is reasonably priced (a little higher than we were hoping to pay, but I think the pictures are worth it!) and has awesome reviews! We’re planning to meet with him next week.

We are debating not hiring a videographer. Did anyone not hire one and really regret it?? We talked about asking my brother to just set up a tripod for the ceremony and the dances/toasts at the reception. He’s very tech-savvy and I don’t think he would mind doing it, and if the video turns out decent then great. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, we'll be more than happy with just photos. I would rather just save some of that money from a videographer and spend a little more on the photographer. My mom said she loves their wedding video, but they’ve only watched it 3 times in 26 years… Thoughts??

• @southernpeach89 Omg the nursery looks so nice! You and @labro did an amazing job!

@swazzle every sound freaks me out when I'm alone too. Also, the blanket is a fortress of safety:
    @cu97tiger sounds like you're learning quickly! I never actually was taught how to cook, I was a nosy kid and would just watch my family.  Because of that I just eyeball everything now.  

Nothing exciting here, just finishing up bathroom and moving stuff into the house.  I'm struggling to find blinds that aren't crazy expensive.  We have 30 windows that need blinds, plus a small kitchen window, and a large bay window.  Everything I've found is $25+ which is just too much for that many windows. For now we're going to just put up the stick on blinds from bed, bath and beyond so people can't see into the house.  

This weekend my dad's wife is throwing a party for his 50th birthday.  She decided to plan everything without asking if my siblings and I had planned anything; so we're not happy with her.   We're the only family my dad has, so I'm also irritated because she invited all of her friends and family to make them think we're a big happy family. (Long story short, I do not consider this woman my step mother, she has never been welcoming and does everything possible to make us uncomfortable and strain our already limited relationship with my dad).  So somehow I got pulled into setting up her entire party, so she can come late.  The party is not a surprise for my dad, so there is no reason she cannot help set up. She now is sending me nonstop texts; I think by agreeing to help, she now thinks we're best friends.  I had to tell her I'm at work and can't talk, just so my phone stops going off. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @knockonwood5127 To build on my thoughts earlier. I noticed your question about a videographer. The one time I ever seriously considered hiring one was after seeing @minskat30's wedding video. Her video seriously brought tears to my eyes, it was SO well done! We didn't hire a videographer because we just didn't have the budget, but if I had known I could get something like what minskat had for her video, I might have seriously considered it.

As it stands, H's uncle got a bunch of long clips of our ceremony so I have recordings of our vows and all the other important parts which is perfect. You could always see if an uncle or friend might be willing to hold up a camera for the ceremony.

• @knockonwood5127 - I'm very biased about this but H and I LOVE our wedding video.  It was the one splurge I wouldn't let him talk me out of no matter what (he got the venue of his dreams, I got the video).  I got lucky because the guys who did are video were super nice and willing to work with me. They did a long edited video, recorded the speeches and did a short video.  

@labro - So freaking cute!!  Oh, and happy early birthday (though I'll still give you a shout out on the day of).  Have a great vacation!

@TwoDimes - 12 days!!!! 

@speakeasy14 - I hate blinds/curtain shopping.  Seriously, they are way overpriced.  H and I are bringing empty suitcases with us to India in November and bringing back curtains from there.  We have a HUGE front window (like 24 feet long or so) and all the quotes we've gotten here for curtains have been insane even though we already have the track for the curtains.  
  • Morning all!

I didn't sleep well either last night. I have NO air conditioning in my bedroom, and I can't sleep with my cat because she just won't let me sleep so I have to close the door and that means the A/C from the rest of the house doesn't come in. I have a really nice, powerful fan that keeps me pretty cool so I don't worry about it too much, but I I woke up gasping for air really early, managed to get back to sleep, and now my sinuses are all fucked up.

Not much happened yesterday, I went to work a little early because my boss asked me to.... again. I'm no longer nice about it, I responded with "Yeah I guess I'll be the best employee ever and come in early." My roommate came back last last night and I was SO GLAD because these dogs are a two-person job lol.

Today after the gym I am going to take my cable box to the store and switch it out for an HD version, and I am also buying a Roku. My best friend said she'd send me hers but I think she forgot and I don't wanna be like "so remember when you said you'd give me your roku??" so I will just buy one and if she sends hers to me I'll give it to my roommate or BF if she doesn't want it. Other than that, I'm gonna try to finish cleaning my room if I can avoid getting distracted lol.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    TwoDimes said:

@jenjen047, how exciting! 1/16/16 sounds like a great wedding date! You're kind of at the tail end of the appropriate time for sending save the dates - do you think you'll be able to get them printed quickly? We did a simple photo one from Vistaprint that was super fast. I was a little disappointed too that I didn't do a whole matching suite, but I'm sure most people wouldn't have noticed anyway. Our save the dates were black and white, invitations/menus/programs all match in the same shades of white, yellow and grey, and place cards are a different color yellow and grey. I doubt anyone will notice except me :)

Oh and everything @TwoDimes said too. My STDs and my invitations definitely didn't match! The only paper that matched was all the stationary we had at our ceremony since you'd obviously be able to hold it up together and see it all....but that's it.

• Awwww @labro - THANK you!  They did do an AMAZING job....I recommend them to everyone (though they would likely be out of my price range now that they've won three Emmy's for commercials after we booked them).  H and I watch the video more than we look at the photos honestly.  
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @labro - happy early golden birthday!!! mine was when i was 7, so much less exciting.

@twodimes @labro - thanks for the STD input. i know we are getting close on timing, but i feel strongly we need to send them because we have so many OOT guests and i want them to know they are going to be invited so they can make travel plans. im not worried about them matching anymore and ive found some on Vistaprint that can be printed quickly.

@caseface5 - its right near the Hard Rock Cafe in Fanueil Hall

ETA: @knockonwood5127- im with @labro on the videographer. if we have budget, we will probably do it but its not a priority for us. i have seen some beautiful ones (though not @minskat30....now i want to see hers!) but i think if you can have a friend/family member set up a camera to record the ceremony and/or toasts, i think youll be fine. 

oh also....last night i had 2 family members (who i am not close with) facebook me to ask what airport they should fly in to. they have not been told they are being invited, so they are just assuming. thankfully they are assuming correctly, but i was shocked. imagine if we were not planning to invite them...how awkward of a conversation that would have been! 
  • @southerpeach89 that looks great! I love the windows :) you guys did great :)

@labro haha love the pup in the pack 'n play :')

Last night I did some grocery shopping and got a new fan for the dining room window. Plus got a great deal on a huge pork loin, so we're gonna try and figure out how to cook it. Matt apparently has a few ideas.

I'll admit here that I'm playing hookey from work today. Tbh I didn't wanna go in today but then my friend who is moving from Alberta to Quebec sends me a fb msg this morning saying that not only will they be in Ottawa, they're staying in hotel that is legit 5min walk from my apt! I'm spending time with her next Thursday {just her and I} but I get to see her kiddies now!

I'm trying to at least be productive and I've done 1/3 of candles for centerpieces and got a tote so we can carry them all. I'm a little "meh" on the way I've done the other 2, so I may end up changing my mind how I do them. We're doing bubbles when we walk away after being married, so i'm tying some red ribbons to the edges to make them look a little nicer.

While seeing my friend, I'll prob run to the bank. I've got a bank draft that I got from a family member that I need to deposit still ....
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @jenjen047 - Ask and ye shall receive.  If you don't mind, though, please don't quote the link since I usually delete the reference after a little while (internet security and all that jazz). 
  • also @twodimes - 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!
  • @twodimes - am i correct that Vistaprint wont address your envelopes for you? i have terrible handwriting and also dont have a printer so would prefer to order from a place that will address for me. 
  • @minskat30 I'm tearing up too!! I think I watched it when you first AWed it, but I just watched it again and oh my! 

@jenjen047 Ah, yes. Last time we went to Fanueil Hall We parked in the garage right there and walked across the opening to get to FH. I knew I had been right there before!
    friends tv show funy
  • @knockonwood5127 - We did not have a videographer. My cousin held a DSLR during the ceremony and immediately after, and a friend edited it down for us. For me, that's perfect. The only other thing I wish I'd gotten were the speeches, which I think a DSLR on a tripod would be fine for.

@twodimes - Ditto, DH is a spender, I'm a semi-saver. It makes for some interesting conversation. I try to put things into perspective for him, like: for every dinner we go out to during the week, that's two more weeks we'll have to work before we retire. (totally made up scenario, but I want him to be thinking that way!)

@labro - Have I mentioned how freaking jealous of your vacation I am? Not only do you get to go to one of my favorite places on the planet, but you also get to see all my favorite NY-area based NEYers!!

@jenjen047 - My STDs didn't quite match our invitations, they had the same shade of blue in them, but that's it. Honestly, no one but my parents and us kept one of everything anyway!

@minskat30 - Love the video!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards