Not Engaged Yet
Options

Happy Friday!

Morning ladies, I have a feeling the board will be a little slow today with some people off.  Just wanted to wish all of you a happy Friday and a good start to your Labor Day Weekends.  Think I mentioned my weekend plans in the Thursday thread but they involve working out, hiking in a nearby park, visiting the zoo and pretending to be cool like @swazzle who gets to see the animals in their natural habitat, grilling out and meal planning.  

Questions for the day (feel free to add your own):

What is your favorite food to grill out?

Any traditions for Labor Day?

Any major purchases you will be making?

Next trip planned? 

Friday GIF/feeling today?

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    morning ladies! im working a half day from home today, then its weekend time! i already covered my weekend plans, so ill skip to the questions:

What is your favorite food to grill out? Sausages

Any traditions for Labor Day? Nope!

Any major purchases you will be making? Nope!

Next trip planned? I guess our honeymoon, though it isn't planned yet.

Friday GIF/feeling today?image

• Options
    @jenna8984 - jealous of your cruise!!

i forgot to mention...i had a minor freak out this week about my wedding ring. its too high (the distance it sticks up from my finger) and it's really irking me. i brought it to the jeweler and hes going to make it as thin as possible without compromising the integrity. right now its about 2.3-2.5mm tall and he thinks he can take off about 0.5mm. fingers crossed that fixes it, otherwise we will have to see about putting my stones into a different setting. ive seen other settings as low as 1.4-1.7mm and they look much better.

but i have a question for everyone here with an eternity band or something similar: do you get used to feeling the prongs/stones between your fingers? my e-ring is just smooth metal so my wedding ring feels very spikey to me.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @jenjen047 - Pics of the ring so we can see it?  I have an eternity band and I don't even feel the stones unless I'm concentrating on it.  I think its just something you get used to honestly.

@jenna8984 - I feel like you mentioned this but what countries are you going to? I think you mentioned St Lucia right?  If so, I'm insanely jealous.  

@TwoDimes - I can't wait for you to AW the deck!  It sounds amazing.  Putting in a fence is so much work but a cedar one would be really nice.  

@cocobellaf - Shoes are ALWAYS a major purchase....in importance that is  ;)
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - glad you're feeling better! also i cant believe there is a whole restaurant dedicated to chicken salad. that sounds amazing.

@minskat30 - that corn sounds amazing. here is a pic of my ring. the two pics on the right are my current ring, the 2 on the left are another setting i tried that was 1.4-1.7mm. i know its a small difference, but its bothering me.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    GUYS!!! No one has mentioned their Chicago trip in April 2016.  

I'm going to revive that idea but I'll do it on a busier day for this board so we can pick a weekend.  I want to meet more of you IRL. 

• Options
    @untouchablets - are you getting a dog?! did i miss this news earlier? what kind? also boston in october! you have to come play with us! what days are you here?

@twodimes - me looking at your pics:
  • Options
    I get it, @jenjen047 - I had to get mine flush to my engagement ring too.  H knows it would drive me crazy otherwise.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Awwww, I like you a lot too!  I'm not giving up the Chicago idea.  :)

Hug Friendship animated GIF
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited September 2015
    Good morning!

@minskat30 have fun at the zoo!

My meeting yesterday was a complete train-wreck.  The venue sent a new tech team for all of our AV, and they had no idea what they were doing.  No one from the global team could hear any of the presentations.  There was a loud, annoying static coming from the speakers. Any time they adjusted the volume there would be a loud screeching sounds.  It was so bad, at one point my boss said they were fired, and made a motion signal across his neck (he was talking to me, but of course everyone in the room saw and heard him).  After everyone left they were testing out the equipment, and then they resolved the problem.  One of the women I work with was helping me clean up and turned to them and said, "Seriously, now you figure it out!?!" Needless to say, we will not be using them again.  Now the search is on for another venue that can handle our group's size and the technology that we need.

Not much planned for this weekend.  Tomorrow will be a deep cleaning day.  Next weekend is my mom's wedding so I'll probably be helping her out once she gets out of work. And probably go to a bbq after my bf gets out of work. 

What is your favorite food to grill out? Burgers 

Any traditions for Labor Day? Not really - my bf always works since all the tourists are out during the holidays and its an extra day for him - so I usually wait for him to get out of work and then we see if any of our friends are doing anything

Any major purchases you will be making? I may go shopping.  I am always on the lookout for work clothes.  But no real major purchases.

Next trip planned?  We haven't planned anything yet but are going somewhere in October -- flights to Europe are ridiculously cheap right now, so we may do that, but we have also talked about Mexico or the Caribbean. 

Friday GIF/feeling today?image image
  • Options
    Work usually lets us out 2 hours early the day before a holiday so I'm wondering if that's going to happen today- I hope so! 

After work I'm heading to the mall to possibly exchange shoes I ordered from Macy's. I tried a pair on in the store and they felt fine but they were the last pair in my size and they had definitely been worn before- they were gross inside. So I had a new pair ordered but they feel kind of tight. I'm going back to the store to try a half size up. I'm also going to AE to try a pair of pants that I might get instead of keeping the ones I got in my Fix. I might lose my $20 styling fee this time :(

I have nothing planned for this weekend- so lame. There was talk a few weeks ago about possibly getting together on Sunday with some friends so I'm going to check in with them to see if that's still happening. Otherwise it will be a nice boring weekend and I can spend Sunday and Monday with H!

Questions for the day (feel free to add your own):

What is your favorite food to grill out? Burgers- we haven't been able to use our grill since we've lived in this apartment though 
    Sad Crying animated GIF
    Any traditions for Labor Day? Nope

Any major purchases you will be making? Nope

Next trip planned? No trips planned

Friday animated GIF

• Options
    @jenjen047 maybe you missed it but I haven't really been around to talk about it much. I did mention it yesterday in the OLW thread :) I'm getting a Giant Schnauzer puppy in the spring! We are going to compete in agility and obedience competitions and he/she is going to be my demo dog for when I start doing group training classes! And I think we are going to be there October 17 and 18.
  • Options
    Oh I may get my hair done this weekend, but I have no idea what I want done.  I usually have my sister do my hair, but she can't right now, so debating over spending the money. I haven't had my highlights done since October so right now my hair is unintentionally ombre (aka half my head is dark blonde and the bottom half is light blonde since its all grown out). My hair is about 3 inches below my shoulders.  Thinking of cutting to shoulder length, and maybe try out bayalage.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Options

@jenjen047 Hope you can get the ring exactly like you want it! I don't know the measurements on mine but I feel like I hardly ever hit it on anything.

@twodimes oooo second deck sounds sweet!

@minskat30 We go to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Barbados. Have you been to India with him yet or first time?

@cocobellaf Fred Astaire is my favorite!

@lavenderfields13 You have bad luck with shoes, eh?! Also, you can come grill at my house :)

@futuremrshistorian Aaw hope it's not something serious with your car since you have so much other crap going on right now, sending good vibes

@speakeasy14 What about dying your hair an auburn color which is very fall-ish?

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - sorry the meeting sucked :(

@minskat30 - that you for understanding! everyone else thinks im being nit picky but im like this is my wedding ring and i want it to be perfect!!

OMG i cant believe i forgot to tell you guys the craziest WR drama ive experienced so far. get ready for a novel.

so we are not giving plus ones to our single guests. right now we have about 10 guests (out of 120) coming alone, so its not like there are only 1 or 2. i checked with all our single guests before sending STD to make sure they aren't dating anyone, and will do so again before our invites go out in November.

Wednesday i was talking to one of the single OOT guests and mentioned that we are hosting a brunch the morning after our wedding, so she should make her flight plans accordingly if she wants to come to the brunch. she replied "i doubt we would fly out that early anyways, but good to know!" . i started panicking. why is she saying we? the STD was addressed to her and only her.

i texted her back and said "i'm really sorry for any confusion but we haven't included plus ones for single guests. i hope this isn't a huge issue". instead of realizing her error and apologizing/accepting my response, this girl has the balls to argue back and say something like "its not a huge issue but since the only people i know at the wedding will be in the bridal party, ill be all alone for the ceremony and cocktail hour if i dont have a date". i was shocked that she would say that. so i politely replied "i understand where you are coming from but there are a number of other single guests so you won't be the only person in that situation. also XX and XX are invited, who you've met before, so if they attend you will know them as well".

THEN she replies "ive only met XX and XX once or twice and even still id be alone for my flight up and getting ready in my hotel room. but i guess its on me because i should have checked with you before asking my date. i guess he can fly up with me anyways and just hang out with friends in boston during the wedding, then". so i just replied "its nothing personal at all, like i said there are a number of other single guests coming alone. and for what its worth, ive been to weddings without a date and it always ends up fine because there are other people in the same position and you make friends :)" she hasn't replied to that message.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    @CocoBellaf I love the gif your posted :) Love that movie!!

I swear groceries are the bane of my existence! Went over budget when I was excited we would be under budget -.-' I did buy a few things not on the list and opted out a few other things to wait until CostCo.

This weekend we're hoping to swap Angel's food out for something different. He doesn't change food very well, so we're going to slowly mix old food with new food. I'm hoping it'll go smoothly.

What is your favorite food to grill out?
    Kabobs

Any traditions for Labor Day?
    Typically my bday lands around then, so some point that weekend I see family

Any major purchases you will be making?
    nope but hoping Matt will for my bday ;)

Next trip planned? 
    February 2016 for our honeymoon in Punta Cana

No gifs on my comp, but everyone excited it's Friday pretty much has it covered ;)

edited: because there is now a Punta Canada :')
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited September 2015
    @jenjen047 wow, just wow. I really don't understand people sometimes.  If this girl has already made plans for someone to fly with her, you may want to anticipate her bringing that person to the wedding. The only reason I say that is so you don't have to worry about someone losing their seat because of this crasher; not that you should extend an invitation for just her to bring a plus one.  I was at a wedding where that happened; a bunch of truly single people showed up with dates that were not invited.  I ended up not having a seat, but luckily there was an extra chair with a few of my friend's family members. 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Yikes!! I mean I can see her side since she's flying from OOT. That can be a little lonely and boring to travel alone. But if she's not in a relationship it's weird that some dude would spend the money to fly to a wedding with her. You know? I know B-listing is terrible but honestly if it were me, I'd wait until I got the final number and if he really did buy a ticket already and was going to spend the night alone I'd let him come (if declines permitted it).

• Options
    @jenjen047 aw man :( well if I like it I'll most likely be back so maybe there's a g2g in our future! And your friend sounds like a jerk. Idk where people get their entitlement from. If you checked that they were actually single before sending anything than you shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that!
  • Options
    @jenna8984 I know I really am not having luck with shoes. My feet are small and depending pn the brand and style I never know if I'm a 5,5. 5 or 6. So annoying. 
    I hate when I can smell my neighbors grilling, I get so jealous! Are you sure your H would let a murderer from the internet come to your house?! lol

@jenjen047 That's very rude that she assumed she could just bring someone. Ahh, wedding drama. We didn't do plus ones for truly single guests either but I had one friend that was from out of state and I was going to invite her with a guest no matter what because she doesn't really know our other friends very well so I wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible. Is she the only single one coming far?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    @speakeasy14 - Ugh, that sucks.  I'm sorry it was such a disaster. I tried bayalage and it looked really nice...give it a shot.

@lavenderfields13 and @futuremrshistorian - I can't imagine not grilling.  I didn't start until my mid 20s, honestly, but I love it.  

@jenna8984 - No, I've been a number of times to India with H.  We stay with his family so it isn't really a "vacation" vacation but its still fun.  This time we are going to a cousin's wedding too so that will be a good time.  I'm hoping to get a new sari.  ;)

@jenjen047 - Sucky, sucks, suck.  I'm sorry.  Wedding drama feels like crap I know.  H's one guy friend was given a plus one but said he didn't need it as he didn't have a date, we asked again closer to the wedding when we were putting in the numbers and he said, nope, I'm good.  On the wedding day, he brought a male friend (and he's not gay) "just because he wanted to come to the wedding".  And here I had just made up my mind to offer the plus-ones to everyone so I didn't have to deal with drama...ha! that worked out well.  Seriously though, it does all work out...the random dude ended up cutting a rug on the dance floor so there you go.  Hugs though.
  • Options
    @jenna8984 I did auburn lowlights last fall.  I liked it, but because I've done highlights for 10 years, the red was gone within days. I'm also really lazy with upkeep; dying my whole head just sounds like too much work haha.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

@misskittydanger omg I'm dying laughing. I imagine you meant to say Punta Cana. hahahah

Next trip planned?
    February 2016 for our honeymoon in Punta Canada
    I was going to comment on this too lol

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@misskittydanger omg I'm dying laughing. I imagine you meant to say Punta Cana. hahahah

Next trip planned?
    February 2016 for our honeymoon in Punta Canada
    I was going to comment on this too lol
    :') omg I didn't even notice! lmfao! Yes. Yes I meant Punta Cana *laughing crying*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards