Not Engaged Yet

Friday The 13th

Hi all! It's Friday here in India so I thought I would check in and say "hi". Diwali was really fun. I can't post pictures on my mobile but I'll post when I get back to in a week.

India has been good but a bit of a challenge honestly. I sometimes feel alone here because of the language barrier. H tries to interpret but he can't do it all the time. Also, my celiac makes eating a major challenge/barrier. Add to the mix my hormones and I was a hot mess this morning. H handled it like a champ though and I'm feeling much better now.

We have a wedding to go to next week. Sunday is the engagement party, Monday is the Sangeet (a dance/music party). I may get hennaed for it..we'll see. The wedding is Thursday. It should be a fun event and I'm looking forward to it.

Today will hopefully be relaxing. I am getting a facial to try and feel more normal.
------------------------

What's on your agenda this weekend?

What/where is next on your travel plans?

Any suspicions you have for Friday the 13th or otherwise?

Everyone here has a cook...would you have a personal cook if you could? What is the max you would pay a month for a cook to come every day?

Re: Friday The 13th

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Morning everyone!

@minskat30 sorry your trip has been a little bumpy but I'm glad you are enjoying yourself otherwise! Share henna pics if you get it!

Not much. I'm working Saturday and it will be the first one where I'm not losing my mind (probably). We are kinda on the edge of our seats for Sunday. I can't go into detail just yet but a family member of BF is going to be doing something BIG and if all goes well, Sunday will be a day of celebration.

Just Minneapolis in two weeks! BF and I did discuss getting our passports last night though so travel abroad might be in our near future :)

I'm not very suspicious. I don't really believe in luck but I think it's funny and cute when people do. BF is VERY superstitious.

Everyone here has a cook...would you have a personal cook if you could? What is the max you would pay a month for a cook to come every day?
    The only reason I don't enjoy cooking is because I don't know how to do it. I don't think I'd pay someone to come cook, which sounds silly to me because I eat at restaurants like four days a week so I'm kinda already doing that lol
  • edited November 2015
    Hi @minskat30! I hope you enjoy your facial and all the wedding festivities. That must be really tough with the language barrier and your celiac. Glad you are having a good time though.

Last night I had a dream I was pregnant. It was one of those dreams where it felt SO real!

Tonight maybe doing a walking video and reading. Tomorrow I need to get some cleaning done. Sunday will probably be sitting on the couch all day with H while he watches football. I will need to get another workout in too. Also, H needs to take me for a ride in his new truck that he is picking up today. 

I'm going to Ohio in January (leaving on the 13th, 2 months from today!) to visit my parents and hopefully my brother too.

None for Friday the 13th. It's actually a good day for me and H since it's our dating anniversary. I wouldn't consider myself a really superstitious person but I do "knock on wood" or get mad when H says something that I think will "jinx" us. Also, some of my mom's side of the family don't do baby showers. eta: well, they will participate in ones for other people but didn't have one themselves, wouldn't throw one for someone. 

That would be awesome. I would never pay for it unless I was rich though. I'd rather spend my money on a cleaning service. I don't have a cleaning service but if I had extra money that's where it would go first. 

• @minskat30 Hi!!!!  Glad you dropped in!  :)

Nothing exciting.  Grocery shopping, a thyroid bloodwork appointment this afternoon, some algebra tutoring, cleaning the house... maybe visiting North Pole City here in the area.  It's an entire store that is decorated head to toe with different Christmas themes.  It's absolutely gorgeous and they redo it every year.  You can buy stuff or just go and look.  It can take a good 2-3 hours to go through it, if you're really looking at everything.  I'll probably get a CPL and take my time walking through.  I can't WAIT!!!!

San Francisco in February!!!

Nope, not superstitious at all for Friday the 13th.

Nope, I would have a personal dish-washer.  Let me cook and someone else handle the dishes!!
  • @minskat30 glad you're feeling better! Anyone I know with celiac hasn't gotten pregnant, so I was wondering how that would react with hormones :\

Did groceries last night. Future reference, don't do groceries when you're hungry and about to start period. Didn't go over budget, but I could have saved myself some money lmao!!

Christmas gift shopping on Saturday and probably pulling stuff out of the locker.

Punta Cana in February!

Yes and no. Spill salt and you have to toss it over the left shoulder. Don't break mirrors or it's bad luck. The rest of the superstitions are pretty much common sense lol

Would you have a personal cook if you could? What is the max you would pay a month for a cook to come every day?
    Depends on if they're cooking every day. If they did just dinners every day, it would depend on the quality. I'd probably pay the same I roughly pay for groceries. $300/month
  • @KeptInStitches those headbands came out adorable!! @CocoBellaF I like the doofy face though :)
  • @speakeasy14 you are too nice.  That is my post-work and post-lessons face right there.  I was ready for some apple cider and Netflix!  :)
  • Side note: I dreamt Justin Bieber {whom I'm not a fan of} was singing his new songs "Sorry" and "What Do You Mean" in the local mall to me. It was weird. But made sense, since when I woke up "Sorry" was playing LOL! It was just odd
  • @cocobellaf did you make those? I love them

• @CocoBellaF Those are cute and look super warm!
  • @jenna8984 I didn't make them, I ordered them from @KeptInStitches !  Aren't they cute?  Very soft and cozy.  We are about to get cold weather starting next week, so they are just in time.
  • @beachyone15 It's a set of islands off of Portugal. But it's only a 4 hour direct flight from me (Boston) and it's very nature-y with mountains and lakes that you can hike and bike. The temps only get to like 50-60 so it's not a "beachy" island, although obviously they have shoreline, that's not the main attraction.  And yay for getting your carpets fixed!

@cu97tiger good luck at your half, you got this shit in the bag by now!!

@twodimes have a blast being a fancy bi-otch at the movie premiere!!

• @jenna8984 I didn't make them, I ordered them from @KeptInStitches !  Aren't they cute?  Very soft and cozy.  We are about to get cold weather starting next week, so they are just in time.

oh no way! She did awesome, I love them! Might have to order me some!

• @TwoDimes Can't wait to see all your pictures from this weekend! My guess is 350 M&MS

• @beachyone15 that's awesome that they approved the new carpet! Yes, a pain that you'll have to wait but it will be so nice to have fresh carpet :)

@twodimes I'm sure your sister is going to love the shower! 
    Hopefully NOT a premonition haha. We have no room for a baby and it would be awful timing. I think I dreamed about being pregnant since I was texting my pregnant friend last night. 

• @speakeasy14 & @minskat30 - I always feel like when they blow my hair out at the salon, it looks just like that gif, but I absolutely CANNOT do it at home!! When I just got my hair done last week, I told my friend that when I'm rich & famous, I'm going to hire her to come to my house every morning. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @labro - No PPD for me but I get invited to Indian weddings all the time. Come be a wedding crasher at the next. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards