Not Engaged Yet
Options

White Gold

K200K200 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
I was trying to be helpful. I may have been scammed when I bought a ring. 

Re: White Gold

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I have white gold and have not re-dipped my ring - there isn't really any wear on the rhodium plating.

ETA: I've had it a year and a half.
  • Options
    It does sound like you got ripped off.   Did your ring happen to come from one of those chain stores or a discount online retailer?

My bf's parents are jewelers and almost all of my jewelry is white gold. I've never had to have any of my pieces re-dipped. 

• Options
    Maybe I just got a bad ring... I'm so glad to learn that yours are staying white a lot longer than mine. I have a lot of tiny ridges in mine where the white doesn't seem to be able to be reapplied to so I get it back from the jeweler with yellow in some parts of it. Maybe a smooth band would be different. 
  • Options
    KimS2012 said:
    Maybe I just got a bad ring... I'm so glad to learn that yours are staying white a lot longer than mine. I have a lot of tiny ridges in mine where the white doesn't seem to be able to be reapplied to so I get it back from the jeweler with yellow in some parts of it. Maybe a smooth band would be different. 
    I don't think so.

My ring is pretty ornate, lots of etching, milgrain, etc. The only part showing ANY sort of wear is on the smooth bottom of the ring because it comes in the most contact with other objects.

It sounds like your jeweler ripped you off. I'd strongly advise going somewhere else when/if you buy another band.

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    My rings are all white gold and it took 3 years for any changes to occur. It was $30 to have each redipped just a couple weeks ago (I got engaged in August 2011). 

Yes, as with any big purchase, you should do your research and make an educated decision that works for you and your budget. 

Your meltdown over this seems a bit excessive. 
    LOL! "Meltdown." 
  • Options
    KimS2012 said:
    Swazzle said:
    My rings are all white gold and it took 3 years for any changes to occur. It was $30 to have each redipped just a couple weeks ago (I got engaged in August 2011). 

Yes, as with any big purchase, you should do your research and make an educated decision that works for you and your budget. 

Your meltdown over this seems a bit excessive. 
    LOL! "Meltdown." 
    Your words - angry, resentful, awful. And you haven't worn your e-ring in three years?

Meltdown.

• Options
    I feel like I need to do some research because of this thread. I was totally against white gold because I'm severely allergic to nickel and most other metals except for 24 karat gold and presumably platinum but I've never heard of rhodium until just now...
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    WTH happened to my bat signal? :(

**I really am not liking all these glitches lately
  • Options
    Saw the "oops" and decided to drop in. It sounds like OP's ring is probably not white gold at all....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @labro that's bf's backup plan if all else fails ;)
  • Options
    wink0erin said:
    "It can only be Walllmarrtttt"

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!!!!!!

• Options

I couldn't choose!

• Options
    The gifs in this thread are awesome, I only came here because it was obviously a DD - gifs made it totally worth it.

• Options
    Swazzle said:

KimS2012 said:

I was trying to be helpful. I may have been scammed when I bought a ring. 

Why on earth would you DD this? 

First of all, you were quoted so your words will continue to live on for eternity. 

Secondly, "Oops" as the thread title will now cause this to be one of the most viewed threads on NEY. 

All of this @swazzle is wise. Only reason I came to this thread was the "oops" title.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards