Not Engaged Yet
Options

Pretty Little Liars Season 6B -- Spoiler Alert

2»

Re: Pretty Little Liars Season 6B -- Spoiler Alert

• Options

AlPacina said:
    @onefootinthebayou - I started watching when everyone else was in season 6 as well. I'm sure you'll get caught up soon, because it's an addicting show, and I hope you'll join our discussions! But I feel really bad that whoever you watched with didn't try and dissuade you from seeing the new episodes, because they completely ruin what you're building up to in the first 5 and a half seasons!
    I know - the Jan. 12 episode was the mother of all spoilers...but I'm going to turbo watch for the next couple of weeks and only DVR the new season until I can catch up.  I'm sure they have a few more tricks up their sleeves!  
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou - Welcome to the PLL discussion! You need to catch up on the other seasons ASAP! 

Who's your favorite Liar? 
    Do you have a favorite couple yet? 

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @onefootinthebayou - Welcome to the PLL discussion! You need to catch up on the other seasons ASAP! 

Who's your favorite Liar? 
    Do you have a favorite couple yet? 
    Why thank you!  So far, my favorite liar is Aria but I'm not sure I'm caught up enough to have a favorite couple yet.  I'd say Aria & Ezra but the teacher-high school student scenario is genuinely creepy (& illegal) IRL so I'm going to hold off on that until she at least turns 18 or goes to college!  H is leaving tonight on a biz trip so I ought to be able to get through at least 5 more episodes ;)
  • Options
    My convo with @GoldenPenguin during last night's episode

• Options
    and we had the same conversation... 

So yeah, not too thrilled with yesterday's episode.  The whole Emily thing was a huge letdown too. And apparently the link I posted was true, and they burned Sarah's hands when they diffused the bomb... why is that so hush hush?!

• Options
    The convo with @swazzle happened at 9:14 pm. Those were the last words we spoke to each other last night. SO much yelling, and then... FIN. We were SO upset LOL

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    The convo with @swazzle happened at 9:14 pm. Those were the last words we spoke to each other last night. SO much yelling, and then... FIN. We were SO upset LOL
    LIES!!!!

Our convo ended at 9:28. I'm not screen shotting since we also talked about selling our eggs haaha
  • Options
    LIES!!!!

Our convo ended at 9:28. I'm not screen shotting since we also talked about selling our eggs haaha
    LOL! I don't participate in this thread because I'm the worst TV watcher ever but this made me -

• Options
    LIES!!!!

Fair. But @swazzle & I ended *our* conversation with yelling and then didn't say another word. Which is why she screenshotted it. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
     hahahaha I looked up sticking out tongue and this popped up.  I can't stop laughing

• Options

Although after watching them go at it my response to Caleb is:

• Options
    We may finally be seeing the intensity I've been waiting for....

Click

My bet is that Emily has some sort of flashback to the dollhouse when her eggs are extracted. 
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Caleb is my favorite character.  Yay for being the ultimate hacker.  I really cannot stand Sarah and her horrible acting.  Can they just kill her off already?

Ok this conversation is lacking... time to start coming up with theories for who this new A, big bad, or whatever they are being called is....

Those who they are making look suspicious:
    - Ezra
    - Ali
    - Sarah
    - Byron
    - Mona

What I think:
    I think it's a team effort.  It's none of the list above since that is too obvious.  I think its going to be someone who used to be a minor character, plus an accomplice.  The accomplice is going to be a stranger just like Sarah was.  I'm still onboard the always being suspicious of Wren train, and would love if he made a comeback and turned out to be the villian.  I think he's moved on to other shows though. 

*Lucas is on my radar since his return was random.  He's really my only suspect right now unless it's one of the main characters. 
  • Options
    So I'm reading theories and someone asked this person what they were do if they were asked to rewrite the show for Netflix.... Omg I want this to happen!!!

CLick:  Let's say Netflix approached you for advice because they saw you owned a Pretty Little Liars blog and they were rebooting Pretty Little Liars after Free Form's finished with their show and perhaps films. They want a darker tone, more of a murder series then a teen series. If you had the chance to start PLL from fresh, who would you make A and what motive would you give? Also what changes would you make? Please answer, I'm really interested in this concept :)

thebestplltheories answered:

Wowww this is such a good question! I’ve never answered anything like this before! 

To be honest it’s quite easy to answer though: NO HIGH SCHOOL.

I would’ve started season 1 from the age they’re at now in this time jump. Of course that would mean Aria would not have been Ezra’s student which is a major story line of the show, but that’s okay, I would put them in a work environment where it is still considered inappropriate to have that relationship.

I would start from them all being 22/23 because it’s the high school vibes that really have prevented this show from being bigger than what it is. Without getting into exact ages, I can image that the whole “ABC Family” thing and “16 year old girls”and “queen bee goes missing” and “mysterious anonymous stalker by text” is really what restricted the show to this younger audience. 

I would get rid of that all. 

I would have promos everywhere like “you won’t believe what happens in the final minute”, as opposed to a scene of a teenager sitting on a chair saying “#AliTellsAll, watch and tweet live with us!!”
    How To Get Away With Murder did that above promo one of their finales, and wow, that final minute deserved to be emphasised in the promo trailer.

I would seriously just ‘go there’. I really feel like the writers hold back. Spencer was A for only one episode (because ABCF told Marlene no). Toby was A for only 12 episodes! No!! Ezra was revealed as possibly A but later was just writing a book. They start some amazing story lines and pull out before they can fully execute them. 

I wouldn’t be afraid to get the audience talking, even if it’s in a negative way like “why would Toby do that to Spencer!!!” Oh, he did it to protect her? How cliche. I would go full extreme like Toby legitimately fell in love with his step sister Jenna and he thought Spencer blinded her and he really needed revenge, and he never really loved her, until Jenna tells Toby that it was actually Alison who was behind the Jenna thing, but by then it’s too late because Spencer is in hospital because of a seriously dangerous stunt, end the finale with Spencer possibly dying before Toby can truly say sorry and “I love you”, then we come back in the premiere and Spencer is alive but A has taken Toby away, etc.

There’s sooooo many possibilities to make the show more mature, extreme, dark and mysterious! Also I would not have pulled out from the storylines where Byron is involved. That had sooooo much potentional; maybe he got her pregnant and killed her. Yes that’s extreme for 16 year old Alison and Byron who is a father in THIS show, but in my show Ali would be 24/25 and Byron would be divorced.

I seriously would make A be Alison. Not any of the other liars, I admit that is still too far and no matter what, the show should never go there. But Alison was so bitchy in her flashbacks when she was ‘dead’, so she has it in her. Why would Ali be A? All the girls were drunk that night and collectively, they all ‘killed’ her for her bitchy ways. And when I say bitchy ways, I don’t mean “I’ll tell Melissa you’re kissing Ian”. Step it up! Bitchy as in “I will tell the world you had sex with a cop and paid him to keep quiet”. That’s a bad example, but you know what I mean. These girls really wanted her dead. They got drunk, shit happened. They ‘hit’ her, and became A to get revenge. But of course, that’s just the beginning. It would stem off from there with twins, transgender secret children who are looking for Ali and think the liars killed her, etc.

I would add more swearing, too. The worst we’ve heard is bitch, and wow… in the finale they stepped it up when CeCe said bastard!!!

I would just give the audience what they want. Yes, have fillers, but make them sooooo interesting. Every episode, reveal something. And when I say reveal, I don’t mean ‘give an answer’ or else the show would be done by season 3. But reveal something in the sense of A sending a message that changes the game completely like A posting all over social media photos of the girls at Ali’s open grave. DO SOMETHING EXTREME! 

Make us legitimately feel like the girls are screwed. Check-mate. A needs to put them in a scenario almost every episode where they are so screwed and need all the luck in the world to get out of the mess. THAT would be entertaining, and if it’s done right, seriously… I would want a season 8.

I could write about this all day, as you can tell. There’s so many areas of this show I would love to change and it could literally be one of the best shows on television. The concept is there, but the excecution by Marlene and Freeform ain’t the best. They hold back. They restrict themselves from making it on par with HTGAWM. 

Overall, to sum it up in 5 words: I would make it super 
    sexy, scandalous, mature, suspenseful and mind-blowing.

• Options

Ali seems suspicious. Like maybe she helped someone get into a place where they could murder CeCe. @speakeasy14 - I feel you on the team effort thing.

I was happy that they had brought Lucas back before, but now that he hasn’t been around again he could definitely be involved. Maybe he's still madly in love with Hanna and wanted justice for what she went through.

I still wish it had been Ezra from the beginning. That would have been so great. I think the fact that he's gone right now is trying too hard to make him look "suspicious".

Another note to @speakeasy14 - I love what that person wrote about a re-do. The high school element is the only thing I've ever really disliked about the show. I understand that in high school relationships are super dramatic, and you're constantly around people you'd rather avoid. But I typically chalked up their actions to being dumb teenagers, instead of desperate victims, if that makes any sense....... It often made their conversations feel less serious, because I know I rarely take high schoolers seriously. Especially high school girls, haha!

• Options
    So I've been bored with this season, and decided to see what others have been saying, and found some pretty interesting theories:

Click - Click - Click 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards