Not Engaged Yet
Options

Yay for Friday!

Re: Yay for Friday!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @GoldenPenguin Bruschi is so perfect! He should be a model!

• Options
    @southernpeach89, yay for Callie sleeping through the night!

@lizzytish88, have fun at the zoo!

@beachyone15, job vibes!

@jenna8984, enjoy your shower!
    ---
    Tonight H is gaming. One of the players who hosts is seriously considering dropping out of the campaign, so I may have to entertain him tonight. On a purely selfish note, I was rather hoping to watch MacGyver and knit. Maybe I can get him to agree to MacGyver at least.

The shelving I ordered for the yarn closet should be in today, so we'll pick that up when it's not raining, either today or tomorrow. Then tomorrow we'll build it and I'll get the yarn out of the living room and into a closet. Otherwise I want to vacuum under everything because I think the carpet's gross and do some more deep cleaning (of what? who knows?).

Sunday will look like Saturday with less shelf assembly.

I'm going to finish my mom's new scarf today. I made this pattern in this yarn, and honestly it looks like a rainbow vomited. It's even freaking self-striping. Wow...

Oh and last night we had HC coconut curry lentils and they were the best thing I have eaten all week.
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin I am now undecided on the dog situation ;)
  • Options
    @jenna8984, they're not that glorious but I'm a beach girl so I'll take what I can get. Also have fun at your shower! 

@beachyone15, I would definitely ask. Asking you to increase your commute 25 mins (per way?) is a lot. I also hate commuting so that influences it. 

@Swazzle, Beyoncé!!!!! So jealous. I hate the dentist too.
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin Oh I'm sure I'll want more too but I wanted to check on fit and stuff too. I had to look up the sizing chart last night to know how to order. The sizes on the shirts are wacky! I can't wait for them to get here!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @swazzle oooh that looks great!

• Options
    @wink0erin That's awesome that you are getting recognized! Congrats!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Swazzle Have so much fun with @csousa1 and Beyonce!!

• Options
    @AuroraRose41 - I hope you have a blast! And I hope your dad gets better soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@wink0erin sucks that other council pulled that shit. That's really awesome that you're being recognized, I bet you really earned it!! And aaaw deer!

@aurorarose41 omg thanks for reminding me to stop and pick up my hostess gift! Have a great time at your parties, I bet they'll be awesome!

• Options
    @jenna8984 do you know what you are getting the hostess yet? I would love some inspiration since most of the ideas I found searching seemed too Pinterest-y and uninspired. I guess with the local soaps they are a little nicer than drugstore ones, but still not sure if that would go over well. I know my bridesmaid's parents are really into local products, so I figured maybe adding other stuff in might not be a bad idea. 

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @AuroraRose41 I had two hostesses for my bridal shower. I got each of them a gift card to a restaurant I knew they loved and a bottle of wine each.

• Options
    @aurorarose41 Same as @labro I'm getting her a gift card to her favorite restaurant for a date night (also plan to throw in cash for the tip). I didn't have a bridal shower, but for their bridesmaid gifts I got one the "naked" makeup palette she wanted, and the other a 3 month trial to a snack box mail subscription.

• Options
    @Swazzle, that tatoo is incredible. Wow. 

I I plan to go for another one in August and I can't wait! 
  • Options
    UGH. I'm part of a FB community for a newsletter I subscribe to. There are over 5,000 people in this group, it's kind of crazy, but people post for ideas/advice/etc. for all sorts of different things - jobs & career, personal, fashion, etc. 

ANYWAY. Someone posted about straight up having a PPD. They don't want to live together before they get married, but the date they chose for their wedding is too far away, and they want to save money by living together. BUT her sister doesn't want her to get married first, because the sister was engaged first (FFS) so they want to "do it legally" now and then have a big wedding after the sister gets married in October.

The "UGH" part? 98% of people commenting on her post ARE TELLING HER IT'S FINE. I lost count of how many people are saying that they did the same thing and "it was fine, no one cared." 

And I feel like my head is going to explode. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Thanks @labro and @jenna8984. That's along the lines of what I am giving them for the bridesmaid gifts (picking gift cards to favorite restaurants/stores/spa plus kate spade clutches in their favorite colors and something that each of them have mentioned wanting), so I thought something little but still nice would be a small token of appreciation. Though I might do something bigger for FMIL, my mom, and the bridesmaids parents then. Thanks! 

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches Yay for gainful employment next semester!

• Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    @GoldenPenguin ugh! I have just given up on commenting on those things. But I was not happy when my parents suggested we do the legal thing for health insurance purposes two months before our actual wedding date....yea no. I told them that wasn't an option I was even willing to consider, but I don't understand why others think it's okay! 

And ETA: Congrats @KeptInStitches! I used to TA the Matlab class at my university :)

• Options
    @goldenpenguin I watch the E! show Rich Kids of Beverly Hills (don't judge)- they are celeb's grown kids with boatloads of money who just jet around and have pool parties and shopping sprees. Anyways....one couple on there is getting married and she's being a total bridezilla rich kid about everything. They go see this famous astrologer (that's not right but I don't know what else to call her, more like a palm reader) and she tells them that their wedding date is cursed and will bring them bad luck. She tells them to "just do the courthouse the day before" so their marriage isn't forever doomed. I thought for sure this bridezilla would do it, or change her date but she was like "oh hell no, curse be damned that's MY wedding day!". I was so pleased lol.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @DreamReve1 That's awesome! My office recently started paying 50% of my Weight Watchers Subscription which helps so much!

• Options
    labro said:
    @DreamReve1 That's awesome! My office recently started paying 50% of my Weight Watchers Subscription which helps so much!
    I love this perk. They cover 75% of fitness expenses so they cover my yoga membership. I likely wouldn't be able to do yoga if they didn't as it is crazy expensive! All companies should try to offer something of this sort!
  • Options
    @dreamreve1 that's awesome! Our insurance reimburses $200 but ONLY for gym membership. No individual classes or equipment outside of that, which is so stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards