Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

In WAHM/FWP...We have in-office training that was supposed to be last week and it was pushed back.  I crossed my fingers and hoped it wasn't pushed to next week (especially Wed/Thu) because Wed. is my day off and I had loose plans with a friend and our kids.  And Thu is the first day of school.  I was going to take it off as a 'mental health' day and get DefConn off to KG and then go take care of some other stuff. 

So of course I'm supposed to be in the office Wed/Thu next week.  I'm hoping they let me change my day off to Friday.  And I'm going to be late Thu, since I'm not missing see DefConn off. 

Show rec:  If you like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, you may like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.  Season 1 is on Netflix.  It comes back this fall on the CW.  Rachel Bloom is a treasure. 

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    Show rec:  If you like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, you may like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.  Season 1 is on Netflix.  It comes back this fall on the CW.  Rachel Bloom is a treasure. 
    I've been eyeballing that one, I've seen good reviews.  Def have to check it out.

Today just feels blah.  So much blah.  Awful meeting coming up in an hour, errands at lunch, forgot the dry cleaning.

In FWP, Wooz finally chose a backpack out of hundreds of options, and the one she settled on is no longer available.  Sigh.
  • Options

Holy cow @ school starting next week, conn.

I've been working like mad to get ready for being gone next week for regionals.  I have everything finished for both clients aside from one payroll.  Payroll day is Monday but they're going to get me the info on Saturday so I can schedule everything with the bank ahead of time.  I have really kicked ass the last couple of days.

Today I need to clean house and make sure laundry is caught up so I can start making lists for packing.

• Options
    Yeah, I can't believe it either @tawillers.  But they get 2 weeks for fall break, 2 weeks for winter break, and 2 weeks for spring break.  They only have an 8 week summer.  It's called a 'balanced' calendar. 

I am kind of ready for them to be at school.  They're getting a little bored (even though we make 1001 suggestions on how to effectively use their time) and they end up fighting.  ;) 
  • Options
    Feeling really tired today and have the beginnings of a headache. I think it's only going to get worse.

I'm on a conference call right now and the presenter is talking really fast and has a very heavy accent. The line also has a bit of an echo.  He may as well be speaking Arabic for as much of this as I'm following. 

Work project has been keeping me crazy busy - I'm trying to get it finished by this week (have to show it to my boss this afternoon) - but one of my inputs is coming from an analysis that my 2nd level boss has me doing - and it's changed drastically 4 x in the last month. 2nd tier boss and his project director counterpart keep changing the scope and how they want to see the analysis. I'm starting to see the world as a little excel grid. 

Friday is my day off, so I only have 4 working days left before a week and a half of vacation. 

I need a nap.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, @shessocold!
  • Options
  • Options
    Today is my birthday. I have a lot of homework to catch up on. Found out my mom doesn't have to have surgery, they can fix her with bone cement!

Great news!  And happy birthday!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @DrillSergeantCat

Diva is working my last nerve.  I'm required to send in my time slips at the end of every evening.  Fine, I do it.  It's annoying, but fine.  However, I'm really damn tired of the "did it really..." e-mails I get the next morning.  YES, REALLY, it did or that's how I bill that specific task no matter how long it takes/doesn't take and that's the way this blasted office TOLD me to do it, so if you don't like it JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, instead of playing the " let's try and make Varuna defensive" game b/c I have just about had it.

There is not enough coffee in this office for me this morning.

• Options
    In "Oh DefConn" ridiculousness...

I bought a thing of 20 flour tortillas because I made tacos last night and I'm making fajitas later this week. I noticed last night that there were some missing. That's because DefConn has been hauling them out of the pantry with the peanut butter and saying, "Hey dad, make me a peanut butter taco!"  

Luckily, I have to go to the store for tomatoes and more cheese.  So I guess more tortillas it is.  ;) 
  • Options

Happy Anniversary @ShesSoCold!!

Happy Birthday @DrillSergeantCat!!

We got the keys to our house on Friday. We are slowly moving things in. Still trying to find a bed for FI and I. We hope to be fully moved in by the end of the month.

FI, my mom and I are meeting with the DOC today. I can't find the swatches of my colors. Did I mention how much I'm dreading going to meet with her?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm home this morning so some windows can be replaced. Luckily it took 2.5 hours less than what I was told!! Now I don't have to be home the whole time. Happy Anniversary @ShesSoCold and Happy Birthday @DrillSergeantCat.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, @DrillSergeantCat!

Happy anniversary, @ShesSoCold!

I'm mopey today.  My new/future co-worker just told me that he's probably no longer going to be my new/future co-worker at the field office I'm moving to in October.  Effective immediately.

This is all very sudden, and I am very sad, because I liked working with him the six weeks I have been on-site (despite the awkward sexy dream time we shared JUST THE ONCE.  Okay, it's been twice now.). I don't know what the expression on my face was really like when he sat down and talked to me about it, but I definitely felt like this:

tv funny lol the vampire diaries tvd

My face must have reflected some of that, because he gave me the panicked look men sometimes get when a girl is about to cry (FTR, I wasn't anywhere close to crying).  And, worse, the news is not good concerning his potential replacement (there's no hope when you start a conversation with, "I wouldn't choose him for you.  He's.... a nice? guy, but...").  So I'm definitely feeling a tub of ice cream is in my immediate future.

There's nothing I can do but wait and see what happens, but I am sad.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    So....I had an interesting work day yesterday.  Remember that job I was interested in at a partner company and had to walk a careful line in applying for?  Welp, they moved ahead without me, because they were told I got a promotion at my company (basically the same job, smaller territory and for my company).  That would be fine and dandy....if I actually got the promotion.  I didn't.  I serve that role on an as needed basis for other sales reps but my boss won't pull the trigger and let me do it full time.

So now I have to figure out how to strategize this.  I am okay doing it on an as needed basis, except that doing so hurts my individual sales, which is income.  I can take a short term hit if it benefits us all in the long run, but that comes with a commitment and a deadline from my boss, neither of which I have received.  

Other than that and working, I may be meeting FMIL for a late lunch today.  We've been getting along really well lately and I like it.  My BFF read me the riot act over the weekend because she thinks I cross the line into disrespectful sometimes, and I know I do.  I don't have the mother reverence thing that most people do, so when you're shitty to me I don't care who you are, it's all the same.  But to people who do, I get it and I'm going to work on that.  It is admittedly much easier when she's being nice to me.  This is the first time she's ever expressed an interest in hanging out without FI, so that's huge.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Happy birthday, @DrillSergeantCat!

Happy anniversary, @ShesSoCold!

In 2 hrs I'm leaving the kids with my mom.  I am rearranging the living room, patching and painting the hall, painting the trim around the new sliding door, painting the laundry room and the new doors on our bathroom and laundry.  DH is supposedly helping, but he's also making my blanket ladder.  If he gets the ladder done I'll be happy. 

Friday night we're going out to a steakhouse.  Saturday morning the good farmer's market then getting the kids back.
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary, @ShesSoCold! And Happy Birthday, @DrillSergeantCat!

Today I have two deadlines due, and a big push on a third deadline. And of course everyone who I am waiting to get information from is waiting until the 11th hour to get me anything.

Plus I'm starving and I have back-to-back meetings around lunchtime (who DOES that?!), so I have very little time to scarf something down before the cafeteria closes.

At least the end of the day will come quickly.
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary @ShesSoCold and Happy Birthday @DrillSergeantCat.

@AtomicBlonde I think you need to find a place with boozy ice cream!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten, oh, there will be booze.  I feel like this is one of those situations where I can't take the shortcut and combine them.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Happy birthday, @DrillSergeantCat!

Happy anniversary, @ShesSoCold!

• Options

Happy anniversary to you and your H, @ShesSoCold!

Happy birthday @DrillSergeantCat!

It's been a weird couple of days. I ran into my dad's wife at the grocery store last night. I've never officially met her, I wasn't invited to their wedding, she has me blocked on Facebook for no reason, etc. AWKWARD. She wouldn't even look at me. Which is probably for her own good.

DH was in Knoxville visiting his cousin, so I had the house to myself. Later last night, DH's cousin's wife called me to chat since our husbands were talking about guy stuff. Apparently she'd had an entire bottle of wine (no judgment here!) and ended up telling me all kinds of family secrets. She told me not to tell DH, but she ended up telling him before he left. It was just so out of the blue and it really caught both of us off guard.

I went to the dentist this morning and the hygienist scraped the shit out of my teeth, and then I found out that I have a cavity. I've only had one cavity my whole life until now. I have an appointment to get it filled next Wednesday. UGH.

We're grilling steaks for dinner tonight though, so that makes up for all the weird badness that's happened in the last 24 hours.

• Options

Thanks ladies!!!

Happy birthday Kat!

Heffa I'm LOLing at your gif. And your plan is fantastic - I may use it!!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Happy birthday, @DrillSergeantCat  !

Ended up on the list for jury duty today but was not selected. Didn't even leave the assembly room to be questioned! Booh. But at least I got out of there early. My last experience with jury duty was to sit in the assembly room for 8 hours with about 400 people and never be called in. On call one more week, and then I'm free for 3 years!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Anyone want a 5 year old? I just hurt his feelings 'really, really bad!' and everyone here *always* hurts his feelings!!!one!!! 

All because after a frillion snacks this morning, I wanted him to wait 20-30 min for lunch.  
  • Options

I went to the dentist this morning and the hygienist scraped the shit out of my teeth, and then I found out that I have a cavity. I've only had one cavity my whole life until now. I have an appointment to get it filled next Wednesday. UGH.

We're grilling steaks for dinner tonight though, so that makes up for all the weird badness that's happened in the last 24 hours.

The last dentist I went to tried to tell me I have two cavities that needed to be filled immediately.  He shone some kind of laser called Diagnodent (I had never heard of such a thing) into the cavities to detect IDFK what, but he said two teeth needed fillings.  I have never had a cavity in my life.  Ever.  And the worst part was, there were no indications of a cavity in either tooth on x-ray or in a visual examination.

I called BS and got a second opinion.  No cavities, and nothing to even keep an eye on just yet.  I won't be returning to the first dentist.

I was also told I had terrible gingivitis and if I didn't come back every three months, it would destroy my teeth.  I switched a softer toothbrush.  Second dentist said everything looked fine.  Facepalm.

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2016
    PW-ing and IDGAF...

Just got DefConn's teacher assignment and info about meet the teacher night.  I guess they're going to take the kids to the cafeteria, the music/gym/art rooms, and to explore the buses, while the parents talk to the teachers about the school year. 

...And now it's raining on my face.  

ETA:  Found out one of my mom friends is an officer with our school's Parent Support Group and so I've been grilling her about DefConn's teacher assignment, along with my co-worker who's son had her for 1st last year.  ;) 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I've been eyeballing that one, I've seen good reviews.  Def have to check it out.

Today just feels blah.  So much blah.  Awful meeting coming up in an hour, errands at lunch, forgot the dry cleaning.

In FWP, Wooz finally chose a backpack out of hundreds of options, and the one she settled on is no longer available.  Sigh.

Oh Crazy Ex Girlfriend is hilarious. I watched the entire first season in 1 weekend.

• Options

The last dentist I went to tried to tell me I have two cavities that needed to be filled immediately.  He shone some kind of laser called Diagnodent (I had never heard of such a thing) into the cavities to detect IDFK what, but he said two teeth needed fillings.  I have never had a cavity in my life.  Ever.  And the worst part was, there were no indications of a cavity in either tooth on x-ray or in a visual examination.

I called BS and got a second opinion.  No cavities, and nothing to even keep an eye on just yet.  I won't be returning to the first dentist.

I was also told I had terrible gingivitis and if I didn't come back every three months, it would destroy my teeth.  I switched a softer toothbrush.  Second dentist said everything looked fine.  Facepalm.

@AtomicBlonde oooh that sucks! Some dentists are so shady. I've been going to my dentist for a long time though, so I know it isn't BS. I started drinking sodas more than I used to and I'm thinking that's a factor. No more sugary drinks for me! Didn't need the empty calories anyways :)

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat   - Yay for July babies!  (i'm the end of the month, DH was on the 8th) Happy Birthday!

@ShesSoCold  - Happy Anniversary!

I'm getting my roots done this afternoon.  Until then I'm trying not to be incredibly bored at work.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards