Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday?

What's up?  

2 more days until school.  Meeting the new teacher tonight. I hope that she can get on DefConn's level better than his teacher last year.  She was nice enough, but I just don't think she and DefConn connected.  We worked with him at home, but meh...
He does know of his new teacher because she was next door to his classroom last year.  

Other than that...SSDD.  

Re: Tuesday?

• Options

I got confirmation today that the big boss is out this whole week.  Big sigh of relief.  He's not a bad guy, but I just find him really intimidating.  Not sure why.  I'm not usually like that with authority figures.  But he has just always made me nervous.  It will be nice to have a week with decreased stress levels, at least on the work front.

Other than that, not a lot going on.  Having sushi for lunch.  That's the highlight of my day I'm looking forward to, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  hopefully they connect this year!!

@DrillSergeantCat  Belated congrats on job! :) And PG fits perfectly, obv takes after her mama! ;)

@charlotte989875  happy belated to Mr Charlotte and yay for things happening for him!!

Saturday was crazy! We were at my mum's place for 7am, because we all wanted to discuss route then get coffees.
    Long day. Lots of sun. Was really fun though! Lots of information to take in as well.
    Didn't get home until like 930pm .... longggg day lol

Sunday woke up to some rough news and had calls to make.
    Monday I stayed home because idk if I'm fighting something, but I felt like I was hit by a bus. 20/20 hind sight was a good thing.
    Found out my ex bf - who I still was in contact with - had passed away.

A bit of back story.
    About a year ago he was in a car accident, and apparently told his parents that if anything happened to just pull the plug. They didn't think anything of it, because the accident was bad that he needed pins in his foot but not life threatening.
    He's also diabetic and not a healthy one at that.

So two weeks ago, he was going into surgery to have pins removed because they were hurting him. {*ding ding ding* alarms went off when he told me that part}
    He didn't heal properly. He got infection and it got into his blood, so he had sepsis. He was found at home, passed out and had been sick. He wasn't at the hospital long, but he was functioning on machines.
    Sunday at 7:30 they decided to pull plug. Doctors said if he survived, he would be in 24hr care because there was brain damage and unfortunately they'd have to take his legs.

Given the options, he wouldn't have wanted to live like that.
    My heart hurts. I'm probably still in shock, because idk what to feel. We weren't close friends, but we were somewhat friends and he was an exbf.
    We split on good terms. He didn't have the right priorities in his life and we weren't on the same page for a lot of things .... I still cared about him and I know he still cared about me.
  • Options
    I'm having stomach issues today, so I cancelled the appointment I was supposed to have and am still in bed.  I'd rather be working - I don't do stomach issues well.

@mrsconn23 Deffconn goes year round, right?  How many days are they in school and what grade does it stop?  Being married to a teacher and making it to the Matt Santos in New Hampshire section of the West Wing made me curious.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten heating pad or hot water bottle helps. Feel better :( stomach issues suck

@short+sassy  sometimes it's good when higher ups aren't around. You feel more calm about getting stuff done
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @MissKittyDanger.  You don't have to justify your remorse, it hits us all differently and for different people.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @MissKittyDanger.  You don't have to justify your remorse, it hits us all differently and for different people.
    I know. I think it's mostly for myself because people keep asking how I'm doing. I just keep saying 'in shock I guess' since I honestly don't know.
    Maybe it'll hit me differently if they opt for a service since I'm going.
  • Options

@DrillSergeantCat, beautiful baby and her mama!

@kimmiinthemitten, yikes, hope you feel better soon.  I'm with you.  I'd rather be at work...rather be at anything...than have stomach problems.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm so sorry to hear about your ex!  I can imagine how shocking the news must have been.  Even with his health problems, you just don't expect someone to die so young and unexpectedly.  I've always found it amazing how relatively minor injuries can sometimes become life threatening, once an infection sets in.  Scary stuff!  <<Hugs>>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, that is terrible.  I am so sorry.  Many T+P's for you and everyone who loved him.  :( 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat, she is beautiful.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry about your friend. 

@kimmiinthemitten my stomach has been bugging me today too! I think I had too many Michigan blueberries yesterday. I bought 20 pounds this weekend and have been eating them like candy! I'll freeze probably 15 pounds of them. When the kids were all home, I'd buy 30 pounds, we'd eat 10 of them and freeze 20. Can't beat Michigan blueberries!

I have a meeting to run for a non-profit organization I volunteer for. I'm getting frustrated with it because it seems like no one wants to actually take responsibility for anything. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic My grandparents used to do the same and my sister and I would sneak into the basement fridge and eat half of them!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @sparklepants41  yikes! Hopefully your BP lowers :( would baby Sparkles be in the NICU if you're induced or is everything safe?
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, that's no fun.  FX it lowers. 
    @ilovebeachmusic, berries in general can upset my stomach a little.  I can seriously indulge in berries.  I love them.  Especially this season.

• Options
    @sparklepants41  yikes! Hopefully your BP lowers :( would baby Sparkles be in the NICU if you're induced or is everything safe?
    Thank you. There's always a chance she would be in the NICU, but the steroid shots are to increase her chances on not needing to be in the NICU 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @sparklepants41!  How far along are you?  I hope baby Sparkles can stay put and keep cooking a little longer.  T+P's for whatever happens and I hope that you and the baby continue to stay healthy. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @DrillSergeantCat  so cute!
    @short+sassy  always better when the bosses are out
    @MissKittyDanger  sorry to hear about your friend/ex
    @ILoveBeachMusic  Good luck with your meeting, I think coordinating volunteers for stuff would be tough
    @sparklepants41 fingers crossed BP goes down

Mostly SSDD here. Getting over a cold and still feel kind of blah. Thought about working from home today but I knew I'd get stuff done if I came into the office whereas at home I'd do nothing. Of course I've spent most of the morning looking at pix of baby B I took this morning since they crack me up, that's way more fun than real work.
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

@ILoveBeachMusic, that happens to me with blueberries!  And watermelon.  I like both of those fruits, but need to really watch my portions.  If I don't keep the servings small, it upsets my stomach.

@sparklepants41, I've been following your hospital saga!  At least they haven't had to induce yet and I hope it stays that way.  Though sorry to hear the earliest you can expect to get out of there is this evening.

@MissKittyDanger, your friend's untimely passing reminded me there was some big news a few days ago on the Type I Diabetes front.  Though, unfortunately, not for people who already have this medical condition.  But, they are about to start human trials in Denmark for a vaccine.  If everything goes smoothly, the soonest a vaccine could be expected is in 8 years.  Which means it will probably fizzle into nothing, like a lot of human trials do.  Or be lucky if it comes to market in twice that time.  Color me super jaded about all things pharmaceutically and medically related.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat Ah, what a cutie!

@MissKittyDanger I'm so sorry to hear this :( This would obviously be a huge shock! Hugs to you. And hope you're feeling better soon, you've been talking about feeling sick for a while now!

SSDD for me. Last few days at my job so I'm feeling kind of useless here. My brain is with the long list of things to do at home before we go, so I'm a bit checked out. Feeling a bit run down snd overwhelmed lately, so I think I'm gonna take some time for self care tonight. Wine and bathtub are calling my name!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm on good terms (not close, just FB friends) with an ex, and I can imagine how hard this must be for you.   *hugs*

@sparklepants41, you've been on my heart.  Continued prayers that you & baby stay healthy!  Maybe H can bring you a book or download one?  

I'll be working on my teacher certification training today.  It's boring as crap and the website stinks.  Some slides only work on Firefox and some only work on Chrome.  And it's not properly showing when I complete a lesson,  so I'm screenshotting EVERYTHING. 

@DrillSergeantCat, your girl is too cute!!
  • Options

MKD - So sorry for your loss.  Such a sad situation all around for your friend and his loved ones.

DSC - PG is so adorable!  I was taking DD 5 month picture this morning and at the exact moment I hit the camera she started to poop!  LOL!  So I got a great shot of her mid-push!

Sparklepants - Keep up with the yogurt!  Hoping your BP stays down so you don't need to be induced. 

Yesterday was good.  H and DD came into town for lunch at my office.  Went to pay for lunch and H couldn't find his debit card.  I checked our account and the balance hadn't moved.  So we called the last place the card was used, thankfully it was there.  It was just an hour & half drive from us!  But since my parents were still down the shore, he gave their names and they picked it up for us.

Last night was SSDD.  We did end up having a crazy thunderstorm roll through, with lots of lighting flashes and loud thunder claps.  DD slept through it somehow.  She did wake up around 3:30, so I changed her and fed her, then back to sleep.  She didn't wake up again until after I got up for work.

Tonight is SSDD again.

• Options
    i cant see pictures on IE, Firefox OR my phone! Maybe I'll try my laptop browser at home but Im missing a lot of your pictures people and the wedding recap ones too!

• Options
    @short+sassy  Yes! I heard about the human trials! This makes me soooo hopeful! M's family - both sides - have diabetes and he's so far not an issue, but it's always a chance. But the human trials could help so many, and I so hope it works.
  • Options
    what's the best way to go about this?  A friend of mine decided to "bunk" with me in my hotel that I booked for an OOT wedding May 20th.  She also asked if i could pick her up/drive around so she wouldn't have to rent a car.  I was going to have to pay for this alone anyway because my H couldn't go with me (booked it with him in mind).  She said she'd pay half.  Cool.

When I dropped her off at the airport, she said "email me the cost".

I got back to my town and emailed her the cost. She said great. I'll paypal it to you.  I waited a few days and nothing.  So I waited 2 weeks and said "oops you probably need my email".  this was June 14th.  She said "cool. got it.  I'll send this as soon as I get my O.T".  Again, that was over a month ago so I'm assuming she has it.  I also talk about all my travel and what I buy etc... and she probably thinks I don't need it.  I do.  I'm in debt.  Sure, I spend a lot - but spending money doesn't necessarily mean you have it.  She also probably thinks I would have had to spend it ANYWAY so she should have gotten it for free....but if that's the case I would have rather had my own room!

What's the best way to remind her?

• Options
    @CharmedPam I think at this point you need to be direct. 

"Friend, you told me a month ago that you were going to pay your part of our room and car. I gave you my email address after you said you wanted to send it through PayPal 2 weeks ago. I would appreciate it if you would take care of this debt."

OR you let it go since you were going to pay it all on your own anyway.