Chit Chat

October baseball, anyone?

13»

Re: October baseball, anyone?

• holyguacamole79holyguacamole79 a taco truck in Houston
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    MobKaz said:
    OMG! Finally I can log in - after trying for days! Sorry don't have anything to add about baseball just excited to actually be able to comment.
    I thought it was just me!  I wonder how many others have been experiencing this.  I've noticed the boards are extremely inactive as of late.  I would try to call @KnotRiley, or @KnotHolly, or any other @Knotadmin, but know all too well that would be futile.

99 as a temperature tonight?  Holy Cow!  Had Chicago stayed in the series, we are expecting snow showers this week!  Can you imagine that fluctuation in playing environments???
    And here's the crazy thing here .... this is the weather forecast this weekend for the Houston games ....

Granted, we have a retractable roof, so it's not as big a deal.  It's just funny looking at the difference in weather between 2 warm cities.

Anniversary
    charlotte989875
  • If it wasn't going to be the Yankees, at least it's Houston @holyguacamole79, you all definitely need the boost. Looks like you had an amazing time!
    holyguacamole79MobKazeileenrob
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Astros win!
    OOH MY GOSH that was nuts!!!!!  We were at the watch party at MMP until the 7th (live in the burbs and get up at 5:30 am).  I was going to bed thinking, "Is there going to be ANOTHER home run to keep this thing going?"  

Then my husband found this.... 

Anniversary
    Jen4948MobKaz
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    My bosses were at the watch party too and left about the same time. Big-time wow!
    Jen4948 said:
    My bosses were at the watch party too and left about the same time. Big-time wow!
    You should go next time!  That is, unless we win all 3 games in Houston & close it out!  *fingers crossed* 

Anniversary
    IS ANYONE ELSE WATCHING THIS INSANITY!!??!?!?!?!

Anniversary
    charlotte989875MobKazjustsiesparklepants41
  • IS ANYONE ELSE WATCHING THIS INSANITY!!??!?!?!?!
    Was totally asleep, but that’s more like a football score than baseball. 
  • We watched til the wind knocked the power out.  DH watched on his phone til 11 but I need my beauty sleep - especially when we didn't know what this storm would bring. 
    banana468 said:
    We watched til the wind knocked the power out.  DH watched on his phone til 11 but I need my beauty sleep - especially when we didn't know what this storm would bring. 
    Yeah, I heard there was a crazy storm in CT .... y'all okay??

Anniversary
  • banana468 said:
    We watched til the wind knocked the power out.  DH watched on his phone til 11 but I need my beauty sleep - especially when we didn't know what this storm would bring. 
    Yeah, I heard there was a crazy storm in CT .... y'all okay??
    We are fine.  The local roads look like we had a tropical storm and we have some tree damage in the yard.   One fell just behind our boat trailer and there's a utility pole down in the street with wires.   I live on a cut through road so I'm hopeful that we get power back soon.   In the meantime we ran the generator for a few hours and I'm running on Dunkin' since I can't make coffee.  

Now I'm just anxious to see what our boat looks like since it's still in the water.....I hope. 
  • Hope you all are still celebrating @holyguacamole79 and @Jen4948!!
  • MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Way to go, Astros!  Congratulations to everyone!
    I think I have a bruise on my arm from pinching myself so much!  Thanks, everyone!  I'm super excited and so so so happy for our city!  And I love that Correa proposed to his (now) fiancee afterwards - so sweet!  I don't know how anyone can beat that proposal!!!!  Since I work next to the ballpark, I can already see people going to the team store to buy swag at 6:45 am.

I've had a rough week (prayers / vibes / etc appreciated).  My family got news on Halloween afternoon that has us all shaken up.  I barely slept Tuesday night and had a few moments crying at school yesterday.  So, I got home, took a 2 hour nap, then watched the game.  It was a VERY welcome distraction.  So, if y'all could throw up a prayer or vibe for my family, I'd really appreciate it.

In the meantime .....

Anniversary
    sparklepants41charlotte989875eileenrobJen4948
  • @holyguacamole79 vibes sent along with a big thanks to your boys of summer for getting it done!
  • All the good thoughts and vibes to you @holyguacamole79 and your family. 
  • Keeping you in my thoughts, @holyguacamole79. Hope all is well. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    @holyguacamole79, I hope things get better for you soon. 

Hurrah, Astros win! That is awesome. I am out of the city on a business trip with my bosses and co-workers, but we saw the game last night on TV.
    eileenrobcharlotte989875
13»