Not Engaged Yet
Options

What would you/did you sacrifice?

2»

Re: What would you/did you sacrifice?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel sad that some folks feel like they have or will give up substantial things like travel, or family, or anything that's really important to them.

I did move across the country for DH, but I always knew, since long before I met him, that I didn't want to stay in West Virginia my whole life. I knew I didn't want to settle there. I love my family... but I always wanted to live at least a day's drive away.

So, I don't feel like I gave anything up that I wasn't already intending to do. My timeline is different, sure... but that happens regardless of who you marry. That's just life.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-youdid-sacrifice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e7d5f04b-2b49-4f65-87cc-e3ea3932403bPost:8cc77b26-a0c0-4e39-b9cc-6c4ff6c2e098">Re: What would you/did you sacrifice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I feel sad that some folks feel like they have or will give up substantial things like travel, or family, or anything that's really important to them.</strong> I did move across the country for DH, but I always knew, since long before I met him, that I didn't want to stay in West Virginia my whole life. I knew I didn't want to settle there. I love my family... but I always wanted to live at least a day's drive away. So, I don't feel like I gave anything up that I wasn't already intending to do. My timeline is different, sure... but that happens regardless of who you marry. That's just life.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

That's really why I started this post. It sounded so sad to me to resign yourself to a life of no significant travelling, simply because you want to get married now. But I guess it's just that people have different priorities.

Did I even answer this question myself? I think I'll end up losing out on a bit of money, but not much more than that.
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I moved away from Dsneyland, haha. I never thought I would ever go this long between Disneyland trips. Odd, I know, but it really bums me out. But once we have real income, it won't be a problem any more! :D

Oh, and my family, I guess. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards