Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Confessions?

Sorry if we've done this too recently, but I'm bored....and I have a confession.

Re: Confessions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    confess!
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that i wish i wasn't here today
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm seriously considering buying the Fort Worth Groupon for the HCG diet.   I've never done a controversial diet like this (or taken diet pills or anything else).  My Mom has a coworker that has done it and she lost a lot of weight and has kept it off.

I eat well and literally work my butt off in the gym at least 4 times a week.  I haven't gained any substantial weight in probably about 10 years.  I did lose a lot 3-4 years ago and have kept most of it off.

Oh, and, you don't need to tell me how stupid it is... I already know.  :-)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

What's your confession Tiffany?

Here is my confession:

I feel like I am the only one who makes forth the effort to hang out with my friends. I am always calling them or texting them. They never text or call me to make plans. It is becoming REALLY irritating/annoying now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I saw that too on groupon! I wanted to look more into it though, diet like that make me nervous.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiff - Just be careful :)

That's all i got on that lol

Courtney - yeah i know how you feel, we live in Frisco, and we have a small group of friends who refuse to drive more than ten minutes from their house...in mckinney. We're constantly driving out there, but they refuse to even meet us half way, and give BS reasons as to why. It's so irritating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:eed67292-44c1-44b5-a2c7-d00c8279a3e9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm seriously considering buying the Fort Worth Groupon for the HCG diet.   I've never done a controversial diet like this (or taken diet pills or anything else).  My Mom has a coworker that has done it and she lost a lot of weight and has kept it off. I eat well and literally work my butt off in the gym at least 4 times a week.  I haven't gained any substantial weight in probably about 10 years.  I did lose a lot 3-4 years ago and have kept most of it off. Oh, and, you don't need to tell me how stupid it is... I already know.  :-)
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]
     I can completely relate.  I am so against any fad diet and truly believe it needs to be done the right way and do not believe in chemicals.  HOWEVER, my old manager did the drops (no needles yay) and lost about 20 lbs.  Even though she said it was hell and I know first hand she was very irritable I seriously had an order completed to the point of putting in CC info then backed out.  When my dress didnt fit I seriously considered it again. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, yeah.   They are given out by a chiropractor and you have weekly visits so it's not like they just let you run with it.

...but I don't want/need to lose that much either.   That's why I am hesitant.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1) I confess that Ashlee's bouncing kitteh makes me dizzy.

2) I have considered the HCG diet too, but the way I yo-yo on diets I just need a complete lifestyle makeover that FI would also have to be a part of. If he cheats, then I will cheat (on the diet that is).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting tired of my boss taking 20 smoke breaks! Because she gets behind in her work and than dumps it on me. I hate to compain about my job because I am grateful to have one. She walks in the door, puts her purse down, go for a smoke break, comes back, sends a few emails, and than goes back for another. Its just not fair. I had to go to my car the other day and when I came back in 5 mins later, she was looking for me to ask me a question. You couldn't just send me a email?!?!! So annoying!

My other confession is I don't have a new years resolution, and I don't plan on making one either. I never keep up with it no matter how much I try. I will just wait until lent and than give something up. lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that when my doctor swtiched from her practess to weight management only, promoting the HCG diet, I looked into it... for maybe 15 minutes. I've had enough success maintaining the weight that I'm at, which is 50 lbs less than where I was two years ago, that I'm happy sticking to my 1200 calories plus cardio a day.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I confess that I have done the HCG diet twice and failed miserably after the first week.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have considered that HCG diet too.. considering that I am doing B-pics in February. But I agree with Courtney I need a lifestyle change and I need to stick to it, because when FI is home it all goes down the drain.
    For sure I am going to start working out and sticking to it. That is sort of my resolution, I always make excuses when it comes to exercise. So starting Saturday: 30-day shred.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I have no clue what the HCG diet is!! I could google it, I know. But...I don't really want to. :)

I think the best diet is really eat in moderation and work out. If you burn more calories a day than you eat, you'll lose/maintain weight. And change up your workout, don't do the same thing every week, month after month. You'll plateau. 

My real confession is that since I have not been working (a whole whopping week and a few days), although I'm enjoying being a "housewife", I really don't see how women do this. I like it, temporarily. But I would get SO BORED if I had to do this indefinitely. It's nice being able to cook real dinners for DH, and being home when he gets home for lunch, but I'm looking forward to classes starting on Jan. 18th so I feel like I have a purpose again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm happy DH's coworker finally got fired today, by his own dad!  He has called in 50+ times this year. Everytime is dad was out of the office he'd have some lame excuse for why he couldn't be there.  DH was his boss but had no authority because daddy and mommy always protected said coworker.  The boss came in yesterday and the son had called in "sick" again for the 3rd time this week, the boss asked where he was and DH said "don't know he has called in everyday this week".  DH said he thought boss was going to have a stroke from how mad he got.  I hate punk kids that thing mommy and daddy will support them forever adn they don't have to be responsible!  This coworker is married and has a 3 yr old son and mommy and daddy pay his rent, car payment and utilities.  Coworkers wife doesn't work either so now they can both sit at home and do nothing together and let DH get someone who will actually help him at the office!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Natalie - I do all of those things..strictly and regularly..and mix it up too.   I think my body is just pretty comfortable this way.

I probably shouldn't mess with it..and I probably won't.   It's damn tempting though....gahh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:eb697414-8dc1-49aa-8a06-95f57b60569a">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE] My real confession is that since I have not been working (a whole whopping week and a few days), although I'm enjoying being a "housewife", I really don't see how women do this. I like it, temporarily. But I would get SO BORED if I had to do this indefinitely.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Natalie, I totally agree. I took Monday off as a "sick day" just cause I knew work would be slow, and cause I had plenty to use. I was bored by noon. I don't know how anyone would want to do that.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am a little pissy that I have been putting in between 5-6 hours of working out a week and eating pretty well 90% of the time even through the holidays and I have only dropped 6lbs.  I know part of it is I have not been doing good with water consumption and I need to work on that ASAP.

I also confess that I <3 Kesha way more than I should.

One more I have been a little sad the last week or so with the lack of prettiness of new prettiness on the photography blogs.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm very disgruntled in my job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:23cf36a5-5ee5-4427-9d85-f97f4a088742">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am a little pissy that I have been putting in between 5-6 hours of working out a week and eating pretty well 90% of the time even through the holidays and I have only dropped 6lbs. 
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we should start adding in weights? I need to find mine and pack up a bag to just bring in with me.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that i have ankle weights, and i haven't used them in like a month :(
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:eb697414-8dc1-49aa-8a06-95f57b60569a">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My real confession is that since I have not been working (a whole whopping week and a few days), although I'm enjoying being a "housewife", I really don't see how women do this. I like it, temporarily. But I would get SO BORED if I had to do this indefinitely. It's nice being able to cook real dinners for DH, and being home when he gets home for lunch, but I'm looking forward to classes starting on Jan. 18th so I feel like I have a purpose again!

Exactly how I've felt during this winter break for grad school. I've been bored since the beginning.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I hate the fact that I am the only one planning this wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:a2244d5b-6f16-4304-a108-4a9a7ef7aaa9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Perhaps we should start adding in weights? I need to find mine and pack up a bag to just bring in with me.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have been trying to do strength training in the evenings but I have only been doing it about 2 maybe 3 days a week.  I have been doing yoga once a week and am thinking about joining a studio so I can go more.  Ideally I would like to do cardio 5-6 times a week in the AM and then alternate MWF weights in the evening with T-TH-SA Yoga with Sundays being my rest day.  I have entire workouts from my previous trainer that are body weight exercises for strength training that I would be happy to bring and we can do that a couple times a week if you want. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:c79ee14b-709c-4e51-a714-86c3df731956">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Natalie - I do all of those things..strictly and regularly..and mix it up too.   I think my body is just pretty comfortable this way. I probably shouldn't mess with it..and I probably won't.   It's damn tempting though....gahh.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Have you thought about getting a personal trainer?</div><div>
    </div><div>I know I have done different workouts the last 3-4 years between really getting into pilates, and getting into running and biking, and different classes at the gym and since highschool(8 years) my weight has only fluctuated about 10-15lbs. I think my body is pretty comfortable too. haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>But I also know part of it is that I refuse to cut out the foods that I like. If I went on a strict diet of lean protein and veggies, "good carbs", and no sweets, etc, and maintained that...forever, that I would be a lot more cut, and probably about 15lbs slimmer. But....I wouldn't be enjoying life much. I don't want to have to worry about what I'm eating every time I go out to eat, or whatever the case may be.  I'm pretty happy where I am. I'm not a supermodel but I'm not overweight either. I can live with that if I'm healthy and can still enjoy the foods I like. There are a few things I don't do, like alcohol. I will have a glass of wine or two every now and then, but other than that, alcohol is just empty calories. And fast food. Other than that I really don't limit myself. If I eat too many holiday goodies I just make sure to work really hard at the gym the next week :)

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Strength training is the best. 

I lost almost 30 pounds 3 years ago just from eating right, taking Body Pump 3x per week, and cardio.  Kept it off to this day too, even after my old gym got rid of the class.  24 hour fitness just started it a month or so ago, and I've been back on my routine for the last 3 weeks.  Yay.

When you build muscle supposedly your body needs more calories just for them to exist.   So I'm burning more just sitting here in my office and doing every day stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% familiar with this diet you guys are talking about, but I don't really like any diets in general.  I think it's crazy to starve yourself or to just consume liquids, etc.  I also think it's crazy to put foreign things in your body to help you lose weight.  Who knows what the long term effects are.  It just doesn't seem very healthy overall either way.  Just my two cents.

And Tiffany, I've met you at a GTG - and I think you are beautiful just the way you are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:d75a9830-7c7f-418c-9d85-48de3ebfd838">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the fact that I am the only one planning this wedding.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I had moments like that too. I would get frustrated that I was the only one who was stressing about stuff while DH was just sitting over there happy as a lark with not a care in the world. </div><div>
    </div><div>When you start feeling like that, take a few moments- or hours, whatever you need, and go blow some steam off. I went and worked out. Just don't take it out on your FI, whatever you do.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you still feel that way afterwards, sit down and talk to your FI about it and tell him you want some help. Even if you give him a really simple task, at least you'll feel like he's contributing and you're not carrying all this on your shoulders. </div><div>
    </div><div>I know if he's anything like my DH, he would be glad to help, he just doesn't have a clue what you want him to do unless you tell him. They're like children, really :)

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:0ff34f5f-21d5-4c52-8a42-c67fc111cdd1">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Strength training is the best. 
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes, it is.</div><div>
    </div><div>I started doing a strength training/cross training class once or twice a week at my gym about 2 months ago and I already noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit. </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:0f6ed1f7-580a-4a05-9a8d-42305503646c">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I know if he's anything like my DH, he would be glad to help, he just doesn't have a clue what you want him to do unless you tell him. They're like children, really :)

Yes!!  DH did not really try to help on his own, but if I assigned him stuff, or put together options for him to make the final decision - he was all about 'helping'.  They just don't know what to without you telling them.  DH would always say, well I've never planned a wedding before, how would I know what to do?  Neither have I!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards