Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW Thursday!

Re: AW Thursday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do have one!!!! On Monday we went to register... I know it is quite a long time till the wedding but it was something that FI and I enjoyed  while he was here on town.

It was fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My AW is I am super excited about the chargers babyface found yesterday and plan to order a small test order (for quality check) tomorrow.  Also, today is my FRIDAY!! I havent had a real extra day off since I started and wont have another until the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b56363c8-9dfb-4b13-8302-8ea2ae53b12aPost:ebebe606-cdcb-490e-80b8-aa6bad952d4d">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have one!!!! On Monday we went to register... I know it is quite a long time till the wedding but it was something that FI and I enjoyed  while he was here on town. It was fun!!
    Posted by gisellehuet[/QUOTE]

That's great!  Just watch your registry because you'd be surprised how quickly things get clearanced out.  We registered about a month before the shower and by the time we went to return stuff (shortly after the shower) they were already on clearance and we couldn't get full price on some stuff.  (Not everyone gives gift receipts).  Registering is a lot of fun you just have to be careful with clearance stuff!

My AW is both DH and I are off tomorrow and we have to little one for the first time since we got married so we can actually sleep in tomorrow and just hang out the two of us without being parents.  I know it might sound harsh but being newlyweds we need the "us" time too and we haven't gotten any of that really since the wedding!  We are either picking her up or dropping her off every night so I'm excited for an actual date night tonight and a full day of just us tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Exciting stuff so far :) Good way to start off my morning!

I guess my AW is that we're finally done with our rescues heartworm treatment, it's been the biggest PITA to try and keep her seperated from our 1 year old pup. I dropped them both off at the vet this morning for a check-up, bath, nail trim, and shots...i'm excited that i won't have to give them their bath and nail trim this month and the vet gets to handle that :)

ETA: and on the registry stuff....i SWEAR someone got a hold of that thing for christmas, because now there's nothing on that list we don't have. Which is cool, but it literally took my like 4 hours to come up with a list of like 15 things lol. Now i have to start all over Laughing
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no AWs yet... but now you guys have me thinking of the things I need to book...

Flowers
    Officiant
    and do a registry!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i started a registry purely out of boredom. I think it's still a little early for us to start one...but we plan on adding to it as we go.

OH! And i just thought of another AW, i made a replica of Sullivan's sweet potato casserole last night. I'm so proud of myself :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here, but I have nothing to AW.

I guess that I work a half day today and have a 4 day weekend is an AW?  Not really the one I was hoping for though.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the AW's so far....I've got nothing :(
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd enjoy a 4 day weekend :) lol
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAY for the AW's!!! Like Bobbieleigh, today is also my Friday! Bring on this new year already!!
    I've decided that I have too much going on at work lately that I will have to take off a few days in January to focus on planning. Otherwise, June will come and something important will rear its ugly head and then I really won't have the time to do anything. I'm starting to sweat just a tad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is also my Friday!!! But FI is going back to work tomorrow meaning he will probably get back on the road for a while. Cry

I still don't know if I am doing anything tomorrow night.

Congrats on all the AWs!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    speaking of tomorrow night, i have to go find me and FI hats for my parents NYE party. Party city looks like a good place to start...i guess
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b56363c8-9dfb-4b13-8302-8ea2ae53b12aPost:1ae637b6-2a1b-4ac8-bbc5-96f8a0fb08e5">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i started a registry purely out of boredom.
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

Me too. I have a clicky thing in my browser, thanks to myregistry.com, that lets me add anything I see on any site to my registry. I started doing that cause I wanted things from World Market and they don't have a way to jusst register on their site.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ashlee, what kind of dogs do you foster?  I volunteer with the DFW Lab rescue group and foster for them. 

Um... I Aw'ed yesterday.  So nothing new.  I got the offer, can't wait to tell my boss I quit (although my stomach turns every time I think about it).  And am booking a vacation to Punt a Cana today.. yay!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b56363c8-9dfb-4b13-8302-8ea2ae53b12aPost:9ffffa83-f876-455e-9079-266e6abfd7b2">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ashlee, what kind of dogs do you foster?  I volunteer with the DFW Lab rescue group and foster for them.  Um... I Aw'ed yesterday.  So nothing new.  I got the offer, can't wait to tell my boss I quit (although my stomach turns every time I think about it).  And am booking a vacation to Punt a Cana today.. yay!
    Posted by mseale[/QUOTE]

I looked into fostering, but I'm not sure my heart could take it. We actually just rescued a huskey mix a few months ago...not sure what she's mixed with, or how old she is. Lol, we weren't even looking for another dog. But while we were at the store buying food for the one we had, we were approached by a rescue group. They told us she had been picked up by the Arlington pound on Friday, (it was Saturday) and that if she didn't find a family over the weekend that she was to be put down. They gave her 3 days to find a family, because they would not invest the money to have her fixed and treated for HW. It broke my heart, and technically it was my FI's idea. Which i was surprised at since he swore up and down we would not get another dog till we bought a house. But she's with us now.....and her and her new brother are practically inseperable :)
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    Aww, that is so sweet of you to adopt that dog.  Good job!

Tiffany, any word on the house?
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she's a sweet heart. And we got extremely lucky with her, although i'm still concerned, we've had her about 4 1/2 months, and i've yet to hear a single sound out of her.....like AT ALL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone.  My AW is that a few of my pictures are up from the day after session that we did (not literally the day after).

http://kandsphoto.smugmug.com/SergioandLacey/Sergio-and-Laceys-Day-After/15251958_pTTHk#1141094084_HxPw7

Tiffany, no news on the house?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b56363c8-9dfb-4b13-8302-8ea2ae53b12aPost:8b1865e7-fda3-4e47-aef8-026b8cdb2b36">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone.  My AW is that a few of my pictures are up from the day after session that we did (not literally the day after). <a href="http://kandsphoto.smugmug.com/SergioandLacey/Sergio-and-Laceys-Day-After/15251958_pTTHk#1141094084_HxPw7" rel='nofollow'>http://kandsphoto.smugmug.com/SergioandLacey/Sergio-and-Laceys-Day-After/15251958_pTTHk#1141094084_HxPw7</a> Tiffany, no news on the house?
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

yay!

They're beautiful :) I love your hair piece..BTW
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to everyone on the AWs!

Tiffany - when do you think you'll be hearing back on the house?

FI designed the logo for our photo booth strips yesterday and picked up the canvas to do a wedding tree for our rehearsal dinner.  So excited to see him working on things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lacey,  those are so nice I love the ones in front of the store and a couple of the B&W.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my heart box from Time to Kiln. It looks A LOTbetter, but no where near like their displays. I'm happy with it though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Everyone!!

Lauren, Lacey, and Michelle -  Thanks for asking!!   I don't know.  Hopefully today, because if we get it I would love to get an inspector in there on Monday since DH and I have the day off and we could be present for it.

I have such high anxiety over this it's driving me crazy.  I'm actually really okay whether they accept or deny our counter at this point.  I'll be relieved just to have an answer and be able to move forward.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Bobbileigh and Ashlee.  It was such a fun, fun session, even though it was FREEZING! 

Ashlee - I actually bought the fascinator from another knottie.  :)

My "treasures" from a Time to Kiln were horrible!  I am definitely not creative or artistic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lacey - I love the pics!   The silly ones in front of the mannequin in the window are my favs.    I wish we had done a "day-after" session. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b56363c8-9dfb-4b13-8302-8ea2ae53b12aPost:0a39e4ad-da98-4c53-be30-ca0dc8ebe514">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lacey - I love the pics!   The silly ones in front of the mannequin in the window are my favs.    I wish we had done a "day-after" session. 
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Those are my favorite ones, too.  We are really silly.  There should be more, I think.  I remember taking a lot more, but those were the only ones posted. 

I enjoyed the day after session, mainly because I was excited to put my dress on again.  I think it just fits so well and it helps add to the chest area.  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lacey those were great pics!  I love the mannequin ones also!  So fun! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    Lacey, that looks like a fun photo shoot.  And great pictures afterwards!
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lacey - Your pics are so cute!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for pics--about to go look now.
    ETA:  Lacey, so cute!

My AW is that we got all new appliances on Monday.  The ones I have are anywhere from 12-20 years old.  And they are Almond.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards