Wedding Party
Options

Stop stealing my spotlight!

Totally kidding!

One of my bridesmaids just told me she's pregnant. Yay!!!! I'm so so so so excited because I had a feeling she would be, and this has been a long time coming.

Couple of problems though:
1) Huge possibility she would be giving birth on or around the wedding date. But that's ok, we can figure out other plans because she doesn't want to miss the wedding, and I don't want to miss the birth!

2) She already bought her dress. We went to look and she got excited and bought it right there. This one is solved though, because my mom and the other bms are pitching in to buy her a second maternity version.

I'm seriously so excited though, I'm already dying to plan the baby shower.

Any one else have a pregnant bm? Or had one give birth on the day of the wedding?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!

• Options
    It sure is refreshing to know that some brides out there are sane and actually happy for their preggo BM.

Have all of your BMs purchased their dresses?  If not, maybe your pregnant BM is close the same size as one of your other BMs, and that girl could buy the dress from her and then she could use the money to buy a new dress?  If not, it sounds like you already have a solution for that issues.
  • Options
    Hah--love your attitude!

My mom was in a wedding two weeks before giving birth to me.  That's the closest story I have.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Yay! You got me though, I was all "here we go again" lol. My MOH is pregnant and her C-section is scheduled for 2 weeks before the wedding so we don't know yet if she'll be up for coming. She's totally gung-ho about it and refuses to order a maternity dress, but hey whatever makes her comfy! I am super excited because this is her 2nd baby and her son is my RB.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:20ca8325-72b1-4227-b7cd-5ac60a92c865">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sure is refreshing to know that some brides out there are sane and actually happy for their preggo BM. Have all of your BMs purchased their dresses?  If not, maybe your pregnant BM is close the same size as one of your other BMs, and that girl could buy the dress from her and then she could use the money to buy a new dress?  If not, it sounds like you already have a solution for that issues.
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

Only one other bm ordered her dress. But it won't work having another girl wear it because they are all picking whatever they want in the same color. It's ok though, it's so not a biggie! She's going to need two dresses because we won't know whether she will be preg or not at that time. And her original dress is one size too big so we will wait on alterations as well.
  • Options
    Aw ;)

My mom had two pregnant BM's at her wedding, lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:c86db5a3-900d-41bc-9cf9-d058a7bac938">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw ;) My mom had two pregnant BM's at her wedding, lol!
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

Love it! She's gonna look so cute with her huge belly. I knew I would have a preg bm. I was hoping for one lol.
  • Options
    I will never ever get tired of post titles that act crazy and then the post itself is like "ha, fooled you!"  It's like an M Night Shyamalan (spellcheck has nothing on that one) movie every time, and every single time I'm like "Doh!  Got me!" 

I love that you have such an awesome attitude.  I have bad history with crazy brides and pregnant friends.  I'll share them:

Crazy bride #1- This woman is my MOH, but when she was planning her wedding, the crazy took over.  She asked all of her BP 18 months out, and then told us all (after we had agreed to be in the BP) that she didn't want any pregnant bridesmaids.  In essence "your life is on hold for the next 18 months."  I removed myself from the wedding party, and was pregnant on the day of her wedding. 

Crazy bride #2 (really, this couple was crazy as a whole)- One of their guests had an emergency c-section and delivered 6 weeks early.  This was 2 weeks before the wedding of crazy bride and groom.  Emergency c-section guest was the wife of one of the groomsman, who still attended the wedding.  When New Mom advised the couple that she wouldn't be able to go, due to delivery six weeks early and having a c-section, coupled with the fact that the baby is nursing on a two hour rotation, is underweight, and the wedding itself was an hour from her house, the couple lost it.  They told New Mom that they absolutely could not understand why she couldn't leave the baby for "a few hours" and that they thought she was being inconsiderate.  She ended up going to the ceremony (she had to pump in the car on the way) and tried to stay for the reception, but their "cocktail hour" ran 2.5 hours while they took photos, so she left early.  Somehow New Mom was the inconsiderate one in this situation.  (I also found out that Crazy Bride and Groom JOP'd it a week before the wedding and only told the guy they brought as a witness.  FI was the best man, and Guy They Brought as Witness got drunk and told me, making me swear I wouldn't tell Todd.  That's a post I'll bring to the lot of you another day...) 
  • Options
    Wow, Mel.  You have some crazy friends!

Maybe we should start telling brides that it's good luck to have a pregnant BM or new mother BM.  A sign of the fertility of your union or something.

Then we'll have brides posting saying they poked holes in the BM's condoms or stole their BC pills!
  • Options
    Wow, Mel, that's nuts.

If she can't make the wedding due to the delivery, I always think it's a nice gesture to send her bouquet in the hospital or at home.  And if she does happen to be delivering on the wedding day, there's always Skype.  Good for you for having the right attitude about it!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My MOH is due about 3 weeks before my wedding... I'm so incredibly excited for her! 
    We've been looking at Empire waist dresses as most likely that style will fit her without a problem.  The dress shop has been very helpful with pointing out certain styles that will work better than others that she will be comfortable in. 
    She will be driving from a distance with her husband and baby, so I've reserved (and am paying for) a nice hotel room for them to make things easier for them.  Exciting stuff!!   
  • Options

Props to ShabyKitty!  Finally someone who's excited for one of their friends!  No ''I'm going to fire her because she's pregnant''.  Very refreshing.  Thank you!

Seems like you've got everything under control.

Just really wanted to say great attitude and congrats to you and your friend!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

One of my bridesmaids is planning on starting to try for her second pregnancy in April (my wedding is in September so if she gets pregnant right away she will be about 5 months pregnant). 

I knew this before asking her to be a bridesmaid and have absolutely no problem with it...  I don't, and never will, understand why this will be a problem.   It would suck if she was due on or around my wedding day but if that did happen then I would still be happy for her!

• Options
    shaby:  that was great.  Congrats to your friend~how very wonderful for her.  I had a pregnant BM and a 6 week post-partum BM in my wedding. They both looked gorgeous, and we enjoyed meeting new baby boy, and sharing the excitement of baby boy-yet-to-be-born.

What could possibly be better at a wedding than to get to celebrate both love and life?l
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    My sister recently told me she was pregnant and I got really excited. I love being an aunt. She told me the due date and it is our wedding date exactly. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but that's because I wanna be there to meet my new niece or nephew. I will be so sad if I can't meet them right away!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Great attitude and congrats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:66d6123d-21bb-45d2-a4aa-84764997b361">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister recently told me she was pregnant and I got really excited. I love being an aunt. She told me the due date and it is our wedding date exactly. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but that's because I wanna be there to meet my new niece or nephew. I will be so sad if I can't meet them right away!
    Posted by rknox88[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel!!! I hope I don't miss it, that would be awful! But it's ok, in the end I will be married, and she will have an amazing little baby for me to steal lol
  • Options
    One of my BMs was 3 months pregnant at our wedding.  Its their 2nd baby and I knew they had been trying and I was super excited for them.  When she told me, it was right after my shower and she said "I have something to tell you, but you're the person I'm most scared to tell because I'm afraid you'll be mad at me."  When she told me she was pregnant I was so excited, then (jokingly) yelled at her for thinking I'd get mad at her. 

She was such a champ at my bachelorette and wedding.  You would never know she was pregant.  At my b-party she went to out to the bars with us all night even though I kept saying we could move the party back to the hotel.  And at the wedding she danced the night away and was so much fun.  I can only hope I can be that fun and have that much energy when I'm pregnant. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin was just about ready to pop when her brother got married (her daughter was born 3 weeks later)...she was a BM and looked fantastic! My other cousin's wife was pregnant at his sister's wedding a few months ago and she looked great too...they are due in December and I'm so happy for them! :)

The only weddings in planning as far as I know right now are mine and my BFFs...we both have BMs who are either married or in committed relationships, so neither of us would be bothered if someone was preggers...we'd be happy for whomever it was :)
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I had one pregnant BM and one that gave birth the month before the wedding, and it all worked out just fine!

I did get them all flip flops, so after the ceremony they could change out of their shoes, since high heels are usually not that comfortable- especially if you are preggos! Also if she is still pregnant she might be tired, so if there is a lot of standing you might want to see if you can get her a chair if she needs to sit.

So we had a newborn (breastfeeding) baby with us while getting ready:

And the ladies looked fabulous (sorry this is the only pic that shows the belly really)

• Options
    My cousin who is one of my bridesmaids just resently found out she's having a baby. I am super excited for her. We've talked a lot about it, since she's still young and has only been married for almost 4 months when she got pregnant, but she's excited. She's due 20 days before my wedding and is still plannign to be in it. She's going to oreder her dress two months out and a few sizes bigger than she is now and  then will have it fitted.
  • Options

My MOH and her hubby have been trying to get pregnant There was a time when we were counting, and she was hoping, and she knew if she did get pregnant at that time she'd be due within days of my wedding. I told her to wait a month, not because I didn't want her pregnant at the wedding, but because I didn't want to miss the birth (she lives 4 hours away). She told me, and I quote "they have hospitals where you live, if my water breaks on the dance floor, we'll celebrate twice." I laughed!

It was an awesome way to look at it from her perspective.

We also picked an A-line dress style that the waist was high, just in case!

• Options

My best friend/bridesmaid bought the dress, got pregnant, exchanged the dress for a bigger size then found out she couldnt attend the destination wedding due to pregagny complications. My wedding is in 2 weeks and she is stuck on bed rest :(

• Options
    AHHH!  Getting married in July, and my sister is pregnant, due in December.  I am so excited for her as this baby will be my 2nd niece!  She is very petite not pregnant and is still not very big pregnant.  One of my other bridesmaids just found out she is pregnant and due in March!  We are ecstatic for this one as well, but the bridesmaid dresses haven't been ordered. I just found them, and they have to get measured now! They are both feeling a bit hesitant about getting measurements now, and I'm trying to help saying things like, order a dress size you are comfortable with, but I do not feel the excitement from them!
  • Options
    I am in the same situation.  My BM( who happens to be my sister-in-law) is due 5 months before the wedding but unlike your BM-she said if she doesn't lose ALL of her baby weight then she will not be in the wedding.  She also said if she ends up having a C-section, that she won't be in it because it doesn't give her enought time to work out.  I am SO excited for her to be having a baby but her attitude towards my wedding isn't the greatest.  I'm happy that your BM is willing to work with you.  And I'm not against pregnancy and I'm not a bridezilla-I just don't want to find out 1 week before my date that she can't be in the wedding because she didn't lose all the weight.
  • Options
    Out of my 5 bridesmaids, 3 will be pregnant (one in each trimester!). I love my friends and they are totally not the type to steal my thunder. In fact my maid of honor (who will be pregnant) didnt even tell me or anyone else she was pregnant unitl after my birthday because she didnt want to take away from my day!
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't realise there were brides/threads out there who were dissing their pregnant bridesmaids! 

A month or so ago my sister (MOH) told me I was going to be mad at her, because she was pregnant.  She had previously told me that she might be at most 5 months pregnant at the wedding, but I was totally ok with that.  She already has one gorgeous wee boy, I'm keen for another cute neice or nephew!  The reason she thought I would be mad is because she thought the due date would be within a month after our wedding.  She lives in Australia, the wedding is in New Zealand, so she was worried she wouldn't be allowed to fly over. 

After a bit of waiting and thinking about plan B options (we both really wanted her to be there, we thought about changing the date), we found out the new baby is due later than first thought and she will be able to fly.  Phew! 

I just wish she was due before our wedding so I would be able to meet him/her.  My fiance and I live in Germany so it'll probably be quite a while before we get to meet the new addition.  On the other hand, my brother will have a 6 week old baby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know how you feel, I changed the date bc my MOH is due a month before the wedding, and my SIL is due somewhere around the wedding. Problem is, is she wants my mom in the delivery room with her, and I don't want my mom to miss my wedding.  So, yeah I feel ya. I don't want to be a bridezilla but this is suppose to be my day. And the SIL wants to invite her mom to the wedding to help with the baby.. Seriously is the kid already gonna be running down the aisle?? Do I have to invite her?? What to do?? How to feel?
  • Options
    My matron of honor is pregant!  her due date is 11 days before the wedding.  should be fine, but she could also be giving birth 3 days before!  we have plans to either get her a bigger size in the bm dress or pick out a different one.  It's the one thing I'm VERY nervous about, but she assures me it will all work out.  She said she would be at the wedding no matter what, so I said what's the difference whether you just had a baby and are sitting in a pew, or just had a baby and happen to have a bridesmaid dress on? lol.  if you want to talk more, email me! cwishy17@aol.com.
  • Options

My fiance's sister told me when I got engaged that I ruined her plans to have a baby at the same exact time that we wanted to get married, which I thought was odd. She is one of those that if the spotlight isn't on her then she freaks out. Then she told me a few months ago that they were going to try and she would probably have to have her shower around the time of mine. (Although she wasn't pregnant) She never wanted to take my advice on BM dresses. If I sent a dress for an opinion she would say, "That's nice but here is a maternity dress....just in case." Then 3 weeks ago she announced she was pregnant! I can't wait for this drama :)

• Options
    Two of my girls are trying very hard to get pregnant, so we specifically asked the dress shop about that in advance to looking at dresses.  We found out that you can purchase extra material and how to have the dress altered... the ladies at the bridal shop were very helpful, and we now have a plan for when my girls get pregnant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards