Wedding Party
Options

Stop stealing my spotlight!

124»

Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!

• Options
    My sister is my Matron of Honor and my wedding date is on May 21 and her due date is May 24... so we'll see. I am excited for her as well and I have a maternity apporiate dress picked out for her.. I just have my fingers crossed that she doesn't go into labor while we are standing in front of everyone.
  • Options
    One of my BM's just found out she is pregnant, and I also am so excited for her.  She and her hubby have been trying for baby #2 for a long time and it was hard for them to get pregnant the first time.  I can't imagine not being okay with a pregnant bridesmaid.  Its such an exciting time and I am so honored to be able to share in the spotlight.  And she was hoping to be so she bought her dress big just in case.  I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    One of my girls live in NC and we live in Fl. She recently found out she is pregnant and will be 36 weeks during our wedding. I am super happy for her as well. Because of the traveling issue she wrote me this looong letter and mailed it to me. We are both social workers so it was like a long therapy session in the mail....anyway it was to say she could not be in the wedding because she did not want to leave me hanging. I am totally fine with that but IF she can make the wedding she will wear a black dress, and have a bouquet, her name will be in the program either way, and she will sit in the audience. Another girlfriend of mine will be standing in her spot and she does not feel like a replacement.

pregnant BM=yea for them....but  just roll with it and keep the stress down:)that sounds excatly like what you are doing:)
  • Options
    just make sure her other half brings her hospital bag to the ceremony and there is a chair for her to sit on so she doesn't have to stand all the way through and leave the dress fitting to the very last minute and it will all be fine x
    Hope baby waits till after the ceremony x
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:fa46a578-bad4-4f23-a98c-98ba2b4e9c8b">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My best friend/bridesmaid bought the dress, got pregnant, exchanged the dress for a bigger size then found out she couldnt attend the destination wedding due to pregagny complications. My wedding is in 2 weeks and she is stuck on bed rest :(
    Posted by jaclyndoherty[/QUOTE]

oh, if i was her i would be soooo upset! That just sucks! =(

I just got engaged, so have no date set yet, but seeing everyone's attitudes in this thread just makes me happy! So many good vibes. If ANY of my friends were pregnant on or around my wedding, I would be so estatic... I absolutely LOVE kids (especially when i can spoil them and give them back! ;)
  • Options
    Alright, so im glad someone else is having the same problem as me!!! My wedding is just under 7 months away and my sister and MOH just told me shes about 6 weeks preg!!!! I was having a little bit of a panic attack! Im so happy for her but a little concerned about the dress and her going into labor at wedding! Everyones positiveness is rubbing off on me and im sure everything is going to be just fine!!! Thanks so much for your post and helping get me out of my panic mode!
  • Options
    My younger cousin is a BM in my wedding and she just recently told me she and her husband are expecting their 2nd child- I'm SO excited!  She will be 8 months pregnant the day of our wedding.  My cousin and I have always been close; grew up almost like sisters.  Their first child is my Godson and I love him so much!  I told my cousin she is going to be THE cutest BM in my wedding!  It will make my wedding that much more memorable for ALL of us in the family!
  • Options
    My sister who is also my MOH will be 18 weeks at my wedding, we'd already bought her dress when we found out but dresses can be altered right! She's going to look beautiful and I'm excited that my little neice or nephew will be there (in a tummy but still right!!!!!
  • Options
    My BM is pregnant as well, and she is due two weeks after the wedding. Hopefully she will not deliver early. Either way she has to be there, I wouldn't have it any other way. I even told her that we would get her a wheelchair to go down the aisle in. And she feels the exact same
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a question. My sister is suppose to give birth about a month before my wedding. do you think it will be ok if she still walks?
  • Options
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding yesterday and I just had a baby 2 1/2 months ago. It was very frustrating when my friend wanted me to get measured for my dress when I was 6 months prego. This was my first pregnancy and I had no clue how much weight I'd gain by the end, etc. She originally told us all that we could choose our own styles as long as they were black. All of a sudden she was calling to say that she made an appointment for our fittings and we were all getting the same style. I was frustrated to the point of tears and tempted to just not be in the wedding. Another bridesmaid told her the stress it was causing me and I ended up being able to rush order it after I had my baby. I had to pay a fee for that, but oh well. Since you have 2 prego bridesmaids I suggest letting the bridal party choose each of their own styles in matching colors. I think it will help them feel more comfortable and less stressed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:87260c11-3cf4-477d-abcc-bdec3a3fdc50">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question. My sister is suppose to give birth about a month before my wedding. do you think it will be ok if she still walks?
    Posted by superman85[/QUOTE]

If you're wondering if it will be okay because of how she may feel, then I say yes she'll definately be able to walk. I delivered on a Monday and by Friday I was feeling great and back to normal. A month shouldn't be a big deal. Just make sure to let her have a dress she'll be able to wear and she'll be comfortable in. I don't suggest  a fitted dress.
  • Options
    My FI actually attended his aunt's wedding in utero, and was born 8 days later. His mother was the MOH. It really makes him have a special connection to his aunt, and it makes a great story to tell. I also agree that I don't understand what the big deal is about pregnant BMs. I would be so happy to have one, but hope I don't because none of mine are at that stage in their life yet.
  • Options
    One of my BM's is pregnant and I'm so excited! It will be so cute having her in our pics!! Our wedding is in Feb and she's due the beginning of March. Finding a dress was tough and she has been super busy. But she is one of my best friends and I'm so excited she agreed to be a BM!!
  • Options
    My sister is due 5 days before my wedding!  That being said, I am SO excited!  I'm the Godmother of the baby-on-the-way, so it will only be fitting if he/she is born right around my wedding date.
    So I may have a 5 day-old RB or FG!  :)
  • Options
    Ha! I was the preggers bridesmaid. I was eight months along walking down the aisle. I offered to opt out when we found out but my bestie wouldn't hear of it! We had already ordered our dresses too but she was able to contact the dress shop and order a larger size. We also order and bit of side fabric since they were custom colored and had a seamstress sew me in the week or the wedding. It was scarey waiting til the last minute but necessary as my body was changing so much.

Still we had a blast and they all had a built in DD for every event! I'm blessed to have such good friends!
  • Options
    I was going to have a prego BM but sadly she lost her baby last month to a miscarriage. Its really hard on the whole BP right now. We were all so happy for her and then this happened... :(
  • Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!!! I saw posts awhile back about people complaining bridesmaids were pregnant---I didn't understand the big deal because that's an exciting time in people's lives!! Anyways, after I read about that and was talking about it---one of my bridesmaids told me she was pregnant. She will be 8 months at the wedding. Then my sister-in-law told me she was pregnant---she will be 7 moths at the wedding. THEN my other sister-in-law told me she was pregnant--she will be 7 months at the wedding. I have 6 bridesmaids---3 of them are pregnant!! My one sis-in-law is my MOH. They are all so close too that they all have similar cute baby bumps---I knew my MOH was trying---they have been trying for almost 3 years so I kept that in mind when I picked out the dresses and they all look adorable with the baby bumps. I am glad other people have this type of attitude---I couldn't imagine being mad that someone was having a baby!
  • Options

My MOH who is my best friend just told me she is pregnant and due two weeks before the wedding! This is her second baby and I am happy for her, but unfortunately she had to drop out of the wedding due to unpredictable circumstances so I am definitly dissapointed that she wont be up there with me

• Options

SO glad that others are happy for their friends/family and are including them in the wedding "despite" their pregnancies. 

My MOH is pregnant as is my future SIL who is a BM and I'm so excited for both.  One is due Jan, one in Feb and the wedding is in May so they won't be pregnant for the ceremony however, getting them fitted for their dresses is something I've kind of been at a loss with.  The bridal salon doesn't have great suggestions either for some reason!  I KNOW neither of them will be the size we order if we include their pregnant bellies and I don't want them to waste a ton of money in alterations because no one was able to make suggestions on how to order for post-pregnancy.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me?  We have to have our final BM dress order to the salon within by beginning of next month. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:691a0046-9c27-49f8-afce-1c906f460166">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ummm Well my sister is my bm, and our wedding is July 9th 2011, ya well she is due July 3rd 2011, she is going to be have a seasection a week before her due date.  I dont know how it is all going to play out, and really not worried.  What happens will happen, best way I can look at it, It's my sis my bf, and now my bm, so no matter what it will work out and be great.
    Posted by nicholefisher5[/QUOTE]

Just for future reference, it's not a seasection, it's a C-section, as in Cesarean Section delivery.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards