Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

AMA 07/30 TO 08/05 - NICOLEJ518

Ask Me Anything is a get to know you activity. Each week one DW Knottie will be announced and a thread started for the week. This is your change to ask that knottie anything that you may be curious about regarding life, their wedding, the sky is the limit!

NOTE: Please remain respectful of each other. Anytime a question is asked that someone is uncomfortable answering, you do have the write to simple pass.

THIS WEEK'S AMA VOLUNTEER: NICOLEJ518

Re: AMA 07/30 TO 08/05 - NICOLEJ518

• Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Alright, I'll start :)

What made you decide to have a DW?

What is your alltime biggest weakness food wise/favourite food?

What is your favourite holiday?
  • Options
    Yay! Wasn't expecting it to be me! 

What made you decide to have a DW? We went to see a few venues here in NJ. The cheapest we found was about $85 pp and after looking at one last venue we were going to go with the cheaper place (it was actually my favorite though I was shoppigng around for price). On the ride home I called them to reserve our date, and the lady was away. That night we went to run some errands and were sitting in the car talking about it and FI said let's just go away. And so it began...

What is your alltime biggest weakness food wise/favourite food? Probably pasta....or spanish food.

What is your favourite holiday? Christmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    What made you come to The Knott? What habit do you dislike the most that your FI does?
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    how did you settle on a date?

How did you and your FI meet ?

Photobucket
  • Options
    What made you come to The Knott? I always heard about it so I just though I would check in. I was around on a few other boards at first (NJ board, October board) then ditched them once we went DW!

What habit do you dislike the most that your FI does? He can be kind of messy...and always has an excuse as to why he doesn't straighten up. Grrr!

how did you settle on a date? We were orignally planning a NJ wedding so I wanted it to be in the fall. I really like the fall colors and it's one of my favorite seasons. Summer is too hot, winter is snowy, and spring is too rainy. Might be TIM but the date was narrowed down by my period schedule haha. We just kept it the same after changing to a DW.

How did you and your FI meet ? Freshman year of college I lived on the 4th floor of my dorm and his best friend lived on the 3rd. I was down there frequently, and moved down to that floor the following year. We officially met sometime that year, and he transfered to the school and lived on the same floor the following year. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    What is your favorite food? What is your dream car?
  • Options
    IF money was no object, would you still have a DW? Same location, or different?
  • Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012

Where have you traveled outside of the US and what is your favorite place that you've visited so far?

What would be your dream vacation?

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

How long have you and your FI been together?

Did you participate in any extracurricular activities in HS?

Where did you grow up?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What is your favorite day of the week?

What was your biggest wedding splurge?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What is the quality you love the most about your FI?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When and where was you nd you FIs first date.

Say you and your FI both took the day off what would you do? :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Who is your celebrity crush?

Are you watching the Olympics? If so, what are your favorite sports to watch?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Did you pick out your e-ring or hint at what you wanted??
  • Options
    What is your favorite food? Probably Italian or spanish food in general. 

What is your dream car? Don't really have one.....FI makes fun of me all the time. 

IF money was no object, would you still have a DW? Same location, or different? I am not sure. I don't think it would have been at the forefront of my mind, but now that I am in the midst of planning one, I would hope I would. Turks and Caico or Fiji would have been my top choices, but with prices around the $4000/week mark, that was just not going to happen for anyone!

Where have you traveled outside of the US and what is your favorite place that you've visited so far? I have traveled to Jamaica, DR and PR (though still technically part of the US). Jamaica has been my favorite, just becaue I have been to PR so many times. 

What would be your dream vacation? Turks & Caicos, Fiji, and Hawaii!

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Two tattoos....a rose on my upper back near my shoulder, and a cherry blossom branch on my left foot. I have my tongue pierced also. I used to have my nipple piered but removed it when I had surgery and didn't have the strength post-surgery to lift my boob and put it back in haha

What is the quality you love the most about your FI? His determination. He knows what he wants and will keep working to get it. 

How long have you and your FI been together? Officially....4 years this coming September. 

Did you participate in any extracurricular activities in HS? Sports were mandatory so I did Volleyball, Precision Shooting, and Softball. I was diagnosed with a fast pulse and some other heart issues my sophomore year and that doesn't work so well with a gun so I did not do Winter sports anymore, and began to manage the varsity volleyball and  baseball teams.

Where did you grow up? I grew up between northern NJ and Ohio. I went to a boarding school for HS so I was pretty much away from home between 14 and 18. 

What is your favorite day of the week? Right now....probably Friday's. I have off from class so I spend a little time with FI in between doing work. He plays basketball at night and it's my "me" time....usually consumed with work now, but if I have some down time I try to catch up on my shows. 

What was your biggest wedding splurge? Well now it is my ring set. It was my dress. 

When and where was you nd you FIs first date. We never "dated" actually. It might have been different since we were in school together in the same dorm and progressed from friends....I dunno. 

Say you and your FI both took the day off what would you do? :) I would reeeeeeeeealllllly like to go on a date to Central Park....or the Statue of Liberty. I live right here and have never been to either!

Who is your celebrity crush? Hmmm I don't know! Something to think about! I was partial to Justin Timberlake in my younger days.....no judging!!!

Are you watching the Olympics? If so, what are your favorite sports to watch? Not glued in front of the TV for them, but a girl in my class a few rows in front of me has it on her computer during lecture so when I zone out I catch a glimpse. When I was younger I liked to watch gymnastics. 

Did you pick out your e-ring or hint at what you wanted?? I did not pick it. I showed him a Tacori ring I was absolutely in love with probably a year or two before the engagement so I don't think he even remembered. The ring he picked looked very similar to it on the sides, which was my favorite part!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Do you own your own or rent or plan to buy after you get married?
  • Options
    What are you going to school for?

Do you and FI plan on kids?

What would you do if you found out you had a long lost sibling?
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    What is/was your favorite boy band group?

What is your favorite clothing store to shop at?

What is your favorite potato chip brand and flavor?
  • Options
    What song will you and FI dance too at your wedding reception?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Who is your favorite person on this board?

Have you ever had musubi?

What are you working on for the wedding, right now?
  • Options
    If you could have any super power what would it be?

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? If you dont like ice cream, what is your favorite jelly belly jellybean flavor???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you and your FI live together, if so for how long and do you think it will have helped you prepare for marriage?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bahaha Kimmy!!!!
  • Options
    you mentioned you went to boarding school for HS...is it something you would consider for your children?

• Options
    What is your happiest childhood memory?

If you won the lottery - (we're talking jackpot here not $5) - what would you do with the money?

Are you a good cook? Is your FI?
  • Options
    Do you own your own or rent or plan to buy after you get married? We are currently staying with FIs parents. FI should be closing on an investment property soon and we have started looking already. 

What are you going to school for? I am taking pre-requisites for nursing!!

Do you and FI plan on kids? Yes!!

What would you do if you found out you had a long lost sibling? Probably keep the one parent from killing the other!

What is/was your favorite boy band group? Boyz II Men

What is your favorite clothing store to shop at? Don't really have one. It was always pretty difficult for me to shop because I am plus size so I just get what I can get. 

What is your favorite potato chip brand and flavor? I guess overall Sour Cream & Onion. I go into random phases for Doritos, Cheez Doodles, etc. 

What song will you and FI dance too at your wedding reception? We haven't officially decided yet! I was thinking "Everytime I Close My Eyes" by Babyface....i keep hearing it on my Pandora. 

Who is your favorite person on this board? You are. Each and every one of you. It is kind of crazy how well you get to know some of the people on this board!

Have you ever had musubi? I have not. What is it? 

What are you working on for the wedding, right now? Finding flights for us so that we can actually join everyone else at our wedding. 

If you could have any super power what would it be? To fly.....gas is kind of expensive these days. 

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? If you dont like ice cream, what is your favorite jelly belly jellybean flavor??? Vanilla

Do you and your FI live together, if so for how long and do you think it will have helped you prepare for marriage? We have for almost 4 years. i think it'll make the transition much smoother because we know each others habits.

you mentioned you went to boarding school for HS...is it something you would consider for your children? I would i they wanted to. It was completely my choice to go, and my mom cried every time I left, but she knew it was best. 

What is your happiest childhood memory? I really enjoyed my 10th birthday! We took the train out to NYC to Madison Square Garden to see The Wizard of Oz. It was sooooo amazing. It is when Roseanne played the Wicked Witch of the West. 

If you won the lottery - (we're talking jackpot here not $5) - what would you do with the money? Travel the world. 

Are you a good cook? Is your FI? We are!! He doesn't cook big meals often, but he can. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have or want to get pets?
  • Options
    Are you allergic to any foods?

What is your favorite spanish dish?

Did your parents take you to Chuck E Cheese when you were younger?

Do you like amusement parks? roller coasters?

Have you been to Disney?

Would you do a cross country road trip?

Do you like soup?  favorite kind?
  • Options
    Are you allergic to any foods? Nope...thank goodness!

What is your favorite spanish dish? Probably pernil (roasted pork) or pollo guisado (stewed chicken). I could also just eat plain white rice by the bowl-full. 

Did your parents take you to Chuck E Cheese when you were younger? Yes. I don't remember if we would just get up and go, or if it was just for other kid's birthday parties. 

Do you like amusement parks? roller coasters? I do to both. I am not a huge roller coaster junkie but I will get on one that isn't too crazy. I didn't really ride them until about 10th grade though. I was traumatized when I was younger by my dad haha. He took me on one when I was really young and I flipped out once I figured out what was going on (a little to late though). 

Have you been to Disney? NO!!! Before we decided to do a DW, I wanted to go their for our honeymoon. I've been deprived!!

Would you do a cross country road trip? YES!!! I want to get an RV and just go east to west....and maybe a little north and south as well. 

Do you like soup?  favorite kind? I make this Italian Sausage Soup that is pretty delish. I love broccoli cheddar soup, potato soup, and the Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden, too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have or want to get pets? We had a turtle, but we released him :( . I would like to have a dog, but I am not a huge fan of inclimate weather. That may be a problem when the dog has to go poop and it's raining, snowing, or too hot out. I doubt it will happen. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At what age did you get your license?

What's your favorite Disney movie?

What's your favorite movie of all time?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards